Well that was odd!

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Well that was odd!

Post by Jusme »

Through no fault of my own that I have been told, on Thursday, I was called into my boss's office and told my services were no longer needed. So I have been on the hunt for a new job.

I have 20 + years of facilities management experience, maintenance, repair, etc. I have a couple of leads working through, former coworkers, and contacts, but if anyone, on the forum, knows of a position, feel free to pm or email. Thanks in advance.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Well that was odd!

Post by Excaliber »

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I'll keep my ears up for opportunities.

What area are you looking in?
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

Jusme,

I'm sorry to hear that. We are neighbors (I'm in Granbury) and I'll ask around and let you know if I hear of anything that may be good fit for you.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Very sorry to hear that. I got the same notice back in March, and am still looking. Hopefully something will land soon, for all of us.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Sorry to hear that. Put in for unemployment ASAP, even if you are getting severance pay. Good luck finding a new position.
Charlie

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Thats heart breaking especially when you like your job. Same thing happened to me 7 1/2 years ago after working for 20+ years at the same company. I was unemployed for about a 1 1/2 years. I wish you well on your job search. I applied for unemployment the very next day and took about a month before i received my first check so dont delay in applying.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme, I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. I don't get out much, but if I hear of anything, I'll be happy to let you know.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Sorry to hear that. Texas being an at will state there's no requirement to give a reason for termination, but decency would seem to dictate some notion as to why. Hope your leads pan out soon.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

It's been almost a month for me since having the same experience. Still looking.
Sorry you're having to go through this too.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jnazee »

My husband was laid off from his 30 year job on May 1st, and started at Walmart dc on August 8. He really seems to like it. Maybe they are still hiring.
This is funny, While typing this message I got a call from Walmart DC asking for my daughter to give them a call back. Apparently they are still hiring.
Don't know how far you are from Cleburne or if you would even like that type of work, but looks like they are still hiring.

Will be praying for ya

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

puma guy wrote:Sorry to hear that. Texas being an at will state there's no requirement to give a reason for termination, but decency would seem to dictate some notion as to why.
While in an ideal world, that would be a great idea. Unfortunately in our litigious society, it is safer to not give a reason in case they try to use it as grounds for a lawsuit. I wish our society weren't that way though.

Jusme: Best of luck to you on the job hunt.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

May be a bit far but the City of Lewisville has a few facilities jobs posted, including a supervisor...

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lewisville

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

hankintexas

Post by hankintexas »

I am now working for a very good company that may have an opening in your area. You sound like you would be a good fit. Please check out -http://www.jll.com/careers

Check the company out. Let me know if I can help you. I have been in the same position and landed in a better company with much less stress. Just remember, everything happens for a reason and that praying helps!
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Thanks for all of the replies, I applied forunemployment that afternoon, and have reached out to several contacts. I will check out the suggestions you all have listed. While it was unexpected, it was not completely surprising, there was a new ownership group that took over in June, and the same position, in other facilities have been replaced by lower paid employees.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Y'all are the best. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Job Board”