Pro-Gun Bill Pre-Filed! (House Bill 267)

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 1

Pro-Gun Bill Pre-Filed! (House Bill 267)

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

I checked for 167..found no matches

Got this from NRA email
TEXAS: Pro-Gun Bill Pre-Filed! The Texas Legislature will convene its 2009 Regular Session next Tuesday, January 13. State Representative Dennis Bonnen (R-Angleton) has pre-filed House Bill 267, legislation which would allow Texans to purchase rifles and shotguns in non-contiguous states. Currently, federal law allows the interstate sales of such firearms, but a conflicting Texas law only allows residents to buy long guns in the neighboring states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. This state law has prevented the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) from approving sales of rifles and shotguns in 45 other states to Texas residents. Please contact your State Representatives and respectfully ask them to sign on as co-authors to HB 267 so that Texas law could be brought into line with federal law. Updated contact information for returning and newly elected House members can be found next week at http://www.house.state.tx.us.

Thought you peeps might be interested in this...lets let our legislatures know we want this one...even though the 2nd should have slammed the door on this ignorance a long time ago...What part of "Shall not be infringed" do these pinheads NOT understand
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pro-Gun Bill Pre-Filed! (House Bill 267)

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This one is listed in the Bill Status report and there's a short thread on it at http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 67#p229856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Chas.

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”