Campus-Carry Bills are dying!!!

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

hheremtp
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Campus-Carry Bills are dying!!!

Post by hheremtp »

it's 10:51 and they are going over house resolutions honoring people on their birthdays and other junk.
Steve

hheremtp

Post by hheremtp »

Russell wrote:
hheremtp wrote:it's 10:51 and they are going over house resolutions honoring people on their birthdays and other junk.

Important stuff first! You can't expect them to work without honoring people's birthdays first do you?
Oh, no, I would never want my right to defend myself placed before the vitaly important work of honoring people and their birthdays. :banghead:
Steve

MAFWG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MAFWG »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The House is scheduled to convene at 10:00am today. I have no idea when HB1893 will be debated/voted. It's a very long calendar today.
Here is a link to the video feed. Just click on "Live House Chamber Feed" but don't bother doing so before 10:00am. http://www.house.state.tx.us/media/welcome.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.
I'm confused :???: (which usually happens when I don't have a clue what I'm doing). I clicked on the link in Charles' post and then clicked on "Live House Chamber Stream." This produced a view of a chamber which is currently labeled "Texas House of Representatives." Right now they are in recess for lunch. However, while debate was ongoing earlier, all of the bills under debate while I was watching were "SBxxx", not "HBxxx" according to the footer at the bottom of the feed. Am I watching the right video feed? Or is this the Senate instead of the House? :headscratch

MAFWG
"My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle."

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 3

Post by seamusTX »

I can't view that video from where I am now, but it's easy to tell the difference. The House chamber is much larger than the Senate (150 versus 31) and less ornate.

Each chamber passes some bills straight from the other chamber, rather than having companion bills move in parallel through both chambers.

- Jim

MAFWG

Post by MAFWG »

Must be the House then, because there are way more than 31 seats on the floor.

MAFWG
"My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle."

scott_dfw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by scott_dfw »

[off topic]
Awesome argument regarding engineering/pricing practices on the live stream.
[/off topic]
(triple checked for profanity)

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Can't view the stream from where I am. Have they discussed this or voted on it yet?
TANSTAAFL

tfrazier

Post by tfrazier »

They're talking about hb300 right now, haven't got to it yet unless I missed it while I was away from the desk.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

tfrazier wrote:They're talking about hb300 right now, haven't got to it yet unless I missed it while I was away from the desk.
Thanks. Had some time to kill and took the GF and her mother (both from Colorado) on a tour of the Capital on Sunday. It was very cool seeing it on the agenda for today. :coolgleamA:
TANSTAAFL

jlangton

Post by jlangton »

scott_dfw wrote:[off topic]
Awesome argument regarding engineering/pricing practices on the live stream.
[/off topic]
That was rather amusing....
JL
"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
-Thomas Jefferson.

6/14/08-CHL Class
10/15/08-Plastic in Hand

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

hheremtp wrote:it's 10:51 and they are going over house resolutions honoring people on their birthdays and other junk.
Proving that when a bill dies because "time ran out" it's really because someone intentionally or knowingly causes the death of the bill.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

T3hK1w1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by T3hK1w1 »

They are currently debating HB3646. Any word on how the vote went for HB 1893? (I'm assuming they bring the bills up in numerical order, is that correct?)

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KD5NRH »

So, what would it take to get a rule in the House that says a person loses the right to speak for the rest of the session after the third "uh" in a single paragraph?

Between waiting for people to get to the mic and the various folks completely unprepared to speak when they get there, they've wasted enough time to finish out the entire schedule. If this were a Toastmasters meeting, the audience would be throwing tomatoes...probably canned ones.

scott_dfw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by scott_dfw »

I agree...

If that under-educated, white bushy haired old hag with the bifocals gets up there and argues relentlessly about subjects she really doesnt understand...I'm going to pull my hair out. :grumble

Aside from that... I havent seen anything yet pertaining to our bills. They have not been in numerical order.
(triple checked for profanity)

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”