Editorial in Denton Newspaper

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
polekitty
Posts in topic: 1

Editorial in Denton Newspaper

Post by polekitty »

I don't usually read the Denton paper but found this interesting. Hope the link works,
http://www.dentonrc.com/opinion/editori ... nxiety.ece

myntalfloss
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Editorial in Denton Newspaper

Post by myntalfloss »

polekitty wrote:I don't usually read the Denton paper but found this interesting. Hope the link works,
http://www.dentonrc.com/opinion/editori ... nxiety.ece
Link worked fine, thanks for posting it.

And I agree with the editorial, maybe after a while these guys will stop strutting long enough to see the eye rolling their display is generating and there will be a little less 'in your face' behavior.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Editorial really didn't seem too editorial except for the fact that they're against open carry. A little less if your face will make everyone's life better
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Thanks for the link/post.

Personally, when I OC to me it's a matter of convenience. I suspect that vast majority of people who OC do so for that very reason.
The OCT nuts unfortunately have really bad tactics that stigmatized the rest of those who just want to, on occasion OC, and be frankly left alone.

I don't "flaunt", and that part of article was little condescending to me.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

parabelum wrote:Thanks for the link/post.

Personally, when I OC to me it's a matter of convenience. I suspect that vast majority of people who OC do so for that very reason.
The OCT nuts unfortunately have really bad tactics that stigmatized the rest of those who just want to, on occasion OC, and be frankly left alone.

:iagree:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Unocat
Banned

Post by Unocat »

I thought is was not only condescending but also expressed a latent disappointment that there hasn't been much reaction and there haven't been shoot outs and the streets run red with the blood of the innocent,

Saying that this is a political statement undermines the truth that it is an American right that had been lost to time, fear. And political manuevering.
NRA lifetime member
Combat Veteran
"carthago delenda est"

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

^^^^^^^^ I consider this being 'generous'.... compared to some of the comments written by our very own members here!

Especially those who make no distinction between normal OC supporters and groups like Oscar-Charlie-Tango. It's shameful IMO and is exactly what the anti's are looking for (to quote) and have already taken advantage of.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

myntalfloss

Post by myntalfloss »

parabelum wrote:Thanks for the link/post.

If you don't, kudos to you, but I'd suggest that you're more the exception rather than the rule.

I'm not sure what so inconvenient about concealed and as such, that convenience is the reason for the vast majority of OC'ers seems like it might be a stretch. (At the risk of additional condescencion, it has always appeared to me that the main reason was flaunting.)

Also, I've yet to actually seen a 'real' OC'er, so all I have to judge by is that band of... (struggling for a term here) that seem to permeate the news.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”