LAPD warns of response delays

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 8

Re: LAPD warns of response delays

Post by WildBill »

der Teufel wrote:I'd say the San Bernadino attacks are perhaps more relevant. In the event of another event on the scale of the World Trade Center, my little 9mm ain't gonna be very effective. :shock:
:iagree: I thought the same thing. Right after I posted my comments.
But if you were a good enough shot you could have taken out the jet engines with your 9mm. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I was born and raised in Whittier, Ca. Which is in LA county. The area of Whittier that lived was unincorporated, so Whittier PD wouldn't take our calls Norwalk was supposed to take them but they were 20 minutes away. Sometimes we could get LaMirada to respond, but we were mostly left alone.

It was great!
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

How could the LA sheriff possibly justify a denial of a CHL when the police protective league president is saying that citizens need to take responsibility for their own protection?

I'm sure there is some twisted liberal logic where this all makes sense somehow.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"twisted liberal illogic"

rentz

Post by rentz »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:How could the LA sheriff possibly justify a denial of a CHL when the police protective league president is saying that citizens need to take responsibility for their own protection?

I'm sure there is some twisted liberal logic where this all makes sense somehow.
because guns are dangerous and cause more crimes...duh! :smilelol5:

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

rentz wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:How could the LA sheriff possibly justify a denial of a CHL when the police protective league president is saying that citizens need to take responsibility for their own protection?

Kind of like houses cause house fires? If everyone was just homeless, we would all be a lot safer.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Meh, these stories come out of california every time the police union wants something. Its mostly scaremongering for the union to get something it wants.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
rentz wrote:

Kind of like houses cause house fires? If everyone was just homeless, we would all be a lot safer.
Conservatives don't get elected Los Angeles County Sheriff, because it is the SAME voters who elect all the liberals in city, county, and state gov't that vote for Sheriff......whereas the individual officers tend to be more representative of people who work for a living, and actually have the legal right to vote.

California's liberal voters first made it legal for illegal aliens to get a driver's license, then they passed the "motor voter" law making it possible for anybody who gets a CDL to register to vote, and most recently they made a CDL the only ID necessary to vote. California had approximately 2,450,000 illegal alien residents in 2012 (SOURCE). According to this source, Los Angeles County has the highest concentration of illegal immigrants in the nation, estimated at nearly 815,000. How many of those have CDLs and vote? And when they do, you can bet your last dollar that they vote democrat........liberal democrat.......which is exactly the outcome that liberals who voted for these ballot initiatives and the politicians who support them had hoped for AND intended. And that's just the illegal alien population.

You can take it to the bank that voters in Los Angeles County will elect liberal sheriffs in perpetuity. That state is a lost cause, and the ONLY way it will change is for a total systemic collapse of all gov't institutions in the state, which will force its voters to admit that they were wrong all along, and need to reverse course. It'll never happen, as long as the nation's largest congressional delegation, upheld in part by people who don't even have a right to vote as citizens, can hold hostage anything Congress wants to pass unless it contains a rider to bail out California.

......which is in part why I am pessimistic about the future border integrity of the nation.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

TAM,

I agree that CA is a lost cause, and that the only way that the state could ever crawl out of their stupor is through a systemic governmental collapse, across the board.

You know that show "600 lb life"? You always have an enabler that promotes the gluttony.
Those who are law abiding citizens of that state, who choose to stay there despite the illegal bonanza and anemic freedoms, I see them as enablers of California gluttony.

To that extent, those who left that state and have moved on have indeed helped not only themselves, but Californians left behind as well, since little by little the funds from law abiding citizens that were sunk into the bottomless pit are replaced with illegals and enormous increases in unfunded liabilities. They'll be able to run the engine in the red only for so long, then, it'll be diet time. Think of all the excess skin left behind though "rlol" , using "600 lb life" analogy...

Side note,

What if you apply for the carry permit, are denied the permit due to some anti-2A rubbish reason, and then you are either robbed, wounded, killed etc.

Now that the echo is for citizens to defend themselves due to the response delays (probably caused by police budget cuts to subsidize illegals in my opinion), I can imagine that the family might have a chance to pursue litigation against the county.

ACLU ought to be all over this... :smash:

NOT. :banghead:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

parabelum wrote:TAM,

I agree that CA is a lost cause, and that the only way that the state could ever crawl out of their stupor is through a systemic governmental collapse, across the board.

You know that show "600 lb life"? You always have an enabler that promotes the gluttony.
Those who are law abiding citizens of that state, who choose to stay there despite the illegal bonanza and anemic freedoms, I see them as enablers of California gluttony.

To that extent, those who left that state and have moved on have indeed helped not only themselves, but Californians left behind as well, since little by little the funds from law abiding citizens that were sunk into the bottomless pit are replaced with illegals and enormous increases in unfunded liabilities. They'll be able to run the engine in the red only for so long, then, it'll be diet time. Think of all the excess skin left behind though "rlol" , using "600 lb life" analogy...

Side note,

What if you apply for the carry permit, are denied the permit due to some anti-2A rubbish reason, and then you are either robbed, wounded, killed etc.

Now that the echo is for citizens to defend themselves due to the response delays (probably caused by police budget cuts to subsidize illegals in my opinion), I can imagine that the family might have a chance to pursue litigation against the county.

ACLU ought to be all over this... :smash:

NOT. :banghead:
"rlol"
NRA Endowment Member

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Most of the noise is from people wanting to blame guns for violence and to ban them.
^^^^^^^^ Agreed.

But I think most of the gun owners in California are just staying quiet.
And have been for many years.
What needs to change is the attitude that it is wrong to defend yourself and for more people to speak out.
Yep.
This is the predicable result of your second quote above "gun owners in California are just staying quiet"

When will they learn?
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/04/te ... armed.html

Just county employees, mind you - not the average citizen.

But it's a start...
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

For those people who think that California is a lost cause ...

NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

Well, maybe not totally lost :mrgreen: after all.

There are factions such as this one compromised of people who are fed up with the political system of San Fran/LA...

http://interactive.nydailynews.com/2016 ... in-rebels/
Attachments
Time capsule back to '41. Just a mock roadblock
Time capsule back to '41. Just a mock roadblock

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”