Anyone else notice more 30.06/30.07 postings since Open Carry was instituted?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

viking1000
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone else notice more 30.06/30.07 postings since Open Carry was instituted?

Post by viking1000 »

I do not visit any store where my pistols are not allowed......

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone else notice more 30.06/30.07 postings since Open Carry was instituted?

Post by steveincowtown »

rotor wrote:
I wouldn't be blaming the guys that are OC from causing you to not be able to CC. It's the business that you want to enter that is doing it. In my particular area I consider the new number of signs not significant but the solutions are 1, stay out of those business that post 2, we need some new legislation put forth and perhaps Charles Cotton can offer a suggestion that will help without destroying private property rights.

Make the signs have no force of law (like many other states). This in no way destroys property rights, it just puts carrying one tool (a gun) on a level playing field with every other tool.

For instance, I doubt that many business owners would like be to carry a chainsaw in their store. Right now, there is no sign the prevents chainsaws and they must verbally ask me to leave (simple trespass).

Carrying a gun should be treated the same way. LTCers have shown to be EXTREMELY law abiding citizens and I doubt that if they are asked to leave a business for carrying they will suddenly become crazed maniacs. It hasn't happened in other states, and I (as on most issues) believe that Texas/Texans are better than the other 49 anyhow.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bagman45 »

:iagree:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”