Shopify Banning Gun And Accessory Dealers

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shopify Banning Gun And Accessory Dealers

Post by bblhd672 »

Buy more ammo.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Why does EVERYTHING have to become political?????????
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TreyHouston wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:44 pm Why does EVERYTHING have to become political?????????
Because the seats of all kinds of power are filled by fascists, either elected or appointed by people who favor fascism .....hiding behind a veil of “liberalism”.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

The Left is working to beat us using economic blackmail since they can't win at the voting booth! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

I am not that familiar with Shopify, but I'm sure it would be an easy search to find out which companies, use them, and notify them that since they do business through Shopify, we will no longer do business with them. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

apostate

Post by apostate »

Last edited by apostate on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

apostate wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 pm
Jusme wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:48 pm I am not that familiar with Shopify, but I'm sure it would be an easy search to find out which companies, use them, and notify them that since they do business through Shopify, we will no longer do business with them. JMHO
Does that include Spike's? :biggrinjester:
It looks like Spikes will have to go with another option anyway. I am a fan of Spikes, and fully support any, class action suit they file. Unfortunately, that will take an extended period of time to go through the courts, and even if they win, until a settlement is reached, they will lose a lot of business.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

rotor

Post by rotor »

Jusme wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:48 pm I am not that familiar with Shopify, but I'm sure it would be an easy search to find out which companies, use them, and notify them that since they do business through Shopify, we will no longer do business with them. JMHO
You will be dropping a ton of businesses.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

rotor wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:59 pm
Maybe boycott any companies that do business with Walgreens too. I hear they refuse to sell guns and ammo too. :grumble
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

rotor wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:59 pm
I use Shopify in my non-firearms business. We've invested tens of thousands of dollars in our Shopify web site and we developed our business plan based on using Shopify as a back end to process payments from our customers. Although I'm troubled by their decision vis-a-vis firearms related goods, and if I was making this decision today from scratch I would certainly look for alternatives, there's just no way I could justify, no less afford, to take my business elsewhere just to make a point.

Will this influence my future direction? Certainly. But stopping on a dime and making a change is not economically feasible.

Would I contribute to a legal fund for the affected businesses? Certainly.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

How would this affect me as a consumer?

I think Primary Arms sells Spikes merchandise. How will shopify's new anti-gun policy affect their inventory?

Given the new anti-gun policy Shopify plans to (or is currently implementing) does this mean businesses like Primary Arms can't receive Spikes products, thus as a consumer who does business with Primary, they'll no longer carry Spikes products?

Plus, is Spike's likely to eventually go out of business because shopify has so much control over their sales?

Inquiring minds and all that...

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The self appointed elite have visibly declared war on the US Constitution, our God-given rights and our right to democratically elect a president Hillary Clinton {outraised} Trump 20-to-1 Among Billionaires

Shows that we need Pro-RKBA banking/institutions.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Seems like businesses that use these "cloud software" platforms and providers need to really review their license agreements. Software providers don't just get to pull the rug out from under their clients just on a whim. I would not be surprised if many of these companies have very strong civil tort case against this provider.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”