Can they do this?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Can they do this?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I just now got the following emailed notification from Texas3006.com:
Hello annoyedman!

This is a notification that a new entry has been added within the notification area defined for your Watch List.

Texas Department Of Motor Vehicles was added in the city of Carrollton. The type of restriction is: 30.06 & 30.07 Sign

You may view the entry at https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?id=18631 for more information and to check for any additional comments!

Texas3006.com Staff

To disable these notifications, you may tweak them in your Profile settings.
Email ID: rcGZCqjmq9v36EPrNQ

Do not reply to this email, this address is not monitored. For assistance, contact us at https://www.texas3006.com/help
You can also join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/texas3006

I thought the DMV offices were under the same regs as the rest of state agencies.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Zombified

Re: Can they do this?

Post by Zombified »

In the comments section of the listing it is discussed that the DMV office resides inside an office building with other tenants. The signs are on the entry to the building not the DMV. Most likely the DMV cannot control what the property owner posts.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Governments can do whatever they want until The People stop them. It's been that way for recorded history.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Multi-tenant office tower; there seems to be some confusion as to exactly what door(s) are posted. We're still waiting for someone to submit a photo......
The saga is recounted in the comments string for the entry in question. ;-)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

txpilot

Post by txpilot »

The last comment I read in that listing (today) said the signs were gone when the poster returned to take pictures.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I checked just now and could not find any entry for the DMV, under any variation, in Carrollton. :anamatedbanana
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

We are playing a similar game in Denton County. The Tax Office and a DPS office were in an old building in Lewisville. There were no signs. Then, they build a new building and put a court on the upper floor. Now, there are 06, 07 signs at the entrance to the new building, though the court area is easily separated from everything else.. In Carrollton, there was Denton County Tax Office that also had a court in it but the court area was separated by a magnetometer and there were no signs. I have returned to that one recently but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that signs had been added.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

txpilot wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:27 am The last comment I read in that listing (today) said the signs were gone when the poster returned to take pictures.
Before seeing your post here I was out and about today and stopped by this building to check it out. I walked all the way around the building and inside the main doors where the DMV is immediately to the left. There are no .06 or .07 signs at or inside the public entrance or on the outside of the employee entrance on the north side of the building.

:thumbs2:

I went over to Texas3006.com first to update there, but as mentioned, it appears to have already been updated and removed because I couldn't find it either.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

I've not been of the forum for a bit, but recall a request to allow a "THUMBS UP", or "THUMBS DOWN" function. Would be really helpful to express our opinions on a post/topic when we don't have a bunch of time to type out a wordy opinion.......

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”