OK News: Man shoots woman taking his Nazi flag

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 1

OK News: Man shoots woman taking his Nazi flag

Post by jerry_r60 »

I didn't look up OK law but I suspect this guys is in serious trouble. From the article it sounds like she stole his Nazi flag from outside his house and was running away when he shot her. So a theft but no break in to vehicle or home, no mention of a weapon and running away.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-charge ... face-on-tv

oljames3

Re: OK News: Man shoots woman taking his Nazi flag

Post by oljames3 »

This is a link to a report by an OK City station, KOCO: https://www.koco.com/article/man-flying ... e/33002741
When deputies arrived, they found a woman with four gunshot entry wounds. She was treated at the scene and later taken to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City, where Garfield County Sheriff Jody Helm said she underwent surgery.

Deputies learned that the woman was attending a party near the suspect’s home when, on a dare, she attempted to steal one of his Nazi flags. Helm said she was shot after taking one of the flags.

The man was taken into custody without incident. Helm told the Enid News and Eagle that deputies recovered a 5.56 rifle and “numerous other weapons and rounds.”
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Shoot a woman over some a Nazi Flag! When you own a gun, you also own the responsibility of knowing when to shoot and when not to shoot.
He could have just walked across the street and asked for it back...................

You can't fix stupid, but you sure can numb it with a 2X4!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

If ya don't want to get shot don't steal, If you don't like jail don't shoot fleeing thieves.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I don't like the idea that the guy shot this Juvenile delinquent one bit. But then again, I would not shoot anyone fleeing with my property. But I am wondering what is it that has caused people in that age group to think it is OK to break the law as long as it is "for a woke cause". She is lucky to be alive. Hopefully she has now learned her lesson and shows some respect for other peoples property in the future.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

This is not your father's Oldsmobile! The times, they are achangin'!

Now having said that, perhaps the girl's Mom and Dad (?) should be the ones who should've been shot?

DEB

Post by DEB »

suthdj wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 pm If ya don't want to get shot don't steal, If you don't like jail don't shoot fleeing thieves.
My thoughts exactly, especially the part about not stealing. Leave other people's property alone and you will probably be alright.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Who would fly a Nazi flag at their house?

Good luck picking a jury.

Good luck even finding an impartial judge.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Don’t mess with around with crazy people and their property. I’d classify anyone flying nazi swastika flags outside their home as crazy AND looking for trouble.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:29 am Who would fly a Nazi flag at their house?

Good luck picking a jury.

Good luck even finding an impartial judge.
Apparently, this guy has some sympathies for the Nazi cause, he also likes to walk around town wearing all black with an arm band. That explains the flag.

I'm not sure of the law in OK, but if this was in TX, wouldn't it fall under the category of someone fleeing with your stolen property at night? Not saying it's right, just that it might not be illegal.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 am Don’t mess with around with crazy people and their property. I’d classify anyone flying nazi swastika flags outside their home as crazy AND looking for trouble.
The man was obviously an idiot, but people on the left have used the "crazy and looking for trouble" argument to justify stealing people's pro-Trump election signs too. For the record, I do realize that’s not what you’re saying.

I’m speaking to a larger point: Someone peacefully expressing their political viewpoint is NOT "looking for trouble"; he’s exercising his 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech. And that’s true whether he’s a Nazi, or BLM, or MAGA. No matter how vile someone's political beliefs, if he or she is expressing them peacefully and lawfully, it is NOT ok to violate his or her rights. If I’m the one violating those rights, then I’m the one looking for trouble.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:38 am
Grayling813 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 am Don’t mess with around with crazy people and their property. I’d classify anyone flying nazi swastika flags outside their home as crazy AND looking for trouble.
The man was obviously an idiot, but people on the left have used the "crazy and looking for trouble" argument to justify stealing people's pro-Trump election signs too. For the record, I do realize that’s not what you’re saying.

I’m speaking to a larger point: Someone peacefully expressing their political viewpoint is NOT "looking for trouble"; he’s exercising his 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech. And that’s true whether he’s a Nazi, or BLM, or MAGA. No matter how vile someone's political beliefs, if he or she is expressing them peacefully and lawfully, it is NOT ok to violate his or her rights. If I’m the one violating those rights, then I’m the one looking for trouble.
:txflag:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”