NICS Denial Notification Act

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

NICS Denial Notification Act

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Senators.....including some republicans......including one of OUR republicans.....want to compel states to enforce federal laws when following up on NICS denials.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NICS Denial Notification Act

Post by flechero »

If it were as simple as busting those criminal intent who KNOWINGLY try to buy illegally, I'd be all for it. But since actual criminals with ill intent DON'T BUY guns with background checks. Plus a lot of people have no idea they aren't allowed to buy- I see this as a trap. Worse yet I see them passing something like this and then changing the rules as to who becomes ineligible.

I knew a couple people who had issues many years ago and had no idea they would be denied. They had no criminal intentions, just tried to buy a shotgun to go bird hunting. And then after some arbitrary time period they could (and did) buy a gun again...

Not to mention all the mix ups by NICS and similar names problems.

ripe for abuse, IMO.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”