Beto 2.0?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Beto 2.0?

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:14 am https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-polit ... -governor/

He is back.

Beto to run again.

This will mean 4 more years of bad judges in Houston.

Lord help us!
yep , but his followers are easy to see...they all drive on wrong side of road and have beto bumper stickers right next to the "we all need to stop using fossil fuel" and no guns signs.. while driving vehicles in massive disrepair gas guzzlers
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Rafe
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:14 am https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-polit ... -governor/

He is back.

Beto to run again.

This will mean 4 more years of bad judges in Houston.

Lord help us!
"The former three-term congressman from El Paso, who had run losing bids for U.S. Senate against Ted Cruz in 2018 and for president in 2020, is not expected to face any serious challengers for his party’s nomination."
So... His greatest qualifications are that he's a two-time political loser at anything but the local El Paso level and that he completely ignored what just happened in Virginia and New Jersey? Oh, and that he now lives off, and campaigns with, money he himself never made. Just read his bio at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beto_O%27Rourke.

I mean... Come on, man!

A Texas gubernatorial candidate who has been arrested for burglary and DWI? Who has admitted stealing telephone services? Who was a member of a computer hacker group that was "notorious for releasing tools that allowed ordinary people to hack computers running Microsoft's Windows"? Whose most notable non-political professional experience was as a bass player in the post-hardcore and unknown band Foss, working for his uncle's company, working as an inventory tracker for his mother's furniture store, and finally taking a $20,000 loan from his father in order to start a now-defunct online newspaper that only stayed afloat because it made a co-marketing deal with local El Paso station KTSM-TV for whom--ta dah!--the news director was Beto's brother-in-law?

Oh, but wait. We can't forget his extensive and pertinent education. Has a BA in English...and he was 24 when got that, evidently because he was such a screw-up in his two years in public high school in El Paso that his family shipped him off to an all-male boarding school in Virginia, from which he graduated after four years.

Come on, man!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Beto 2.0 = puke 2.0
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

Rafe wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:58 pm So... His greatest qualifications are that he's a two-time political loser at anything but the local El Paso level and that he completely ignored what just happened in Virginia and New Jersey? Oh, and that he now lives off, and campaigns with, money he himself never made. Just read his bio at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beto_O%27Rourke.

I mean... Come on, man!

A Texas gubernatorial candidate who has been arrested for burglary and DWI? Who has admitted stealing telephone services? Who was a member of a computer hacker group that was "notorious for releasing tools that allowed ordinary people to hack computers running Microsoft's Windows"? Whose most notable non-political professional experience was as a bass player in the post-hardcore and unknown band Foss, working for his uncle's company, working as an inventory tracker for his mother's furniture store, and finally taking a $20,000 loan from his father in order to start a now-defunct online newspaper that only stayed afloat because it made a co-marketing deal with local El Paso station KTSM-TV for whom--ta dah!--the news director was Beto's brother-in-law?

Oh, but wait. We can't forget his extensive and pertinent education. Has a BA in English...and he was 24 when got that, evidently because he was such a screw-up in his two years in public high school in El Paso that his family shipped him off to an all-male boarding school in Virginia, from which he graduated after four years.

Come on, man!
Thank was BRUTAL. Where's the LIKE button? :txflag:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

But we can't make the campaign about him or it won't be much of a campaign. The campaign has to be about Texas, not him.

Well, that was what he said when Texas Monthly asked him about being so unpopular (35 favorable view but 50% unfavorable). While they did it as a softball question, at least even the liberal TM knows he isn't liked and isn't going to win. Won't this make it three strikes (senator, president, and now governor) and he is away for life? No more politics for anyone who loses three straight election campaigns. I know, that is just a dream.
Steve Rothstein

philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

Don’t mess with Texas.
Attachments
6C2CBF64-5D99-45AC-BECE-B6F519EEE198.jpeg

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

srothstein wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:18 pm Won't this make it three strikes (senator, president, and now governor) and he is away for life? No more politics for anyone who loses three straight election campaigns. I know, that is just a dream.
It certainly will make an...interesting trifecta to a political career. And he just turned 49. I like the meme philip964 posted of Francis in a "Don't Mess with Texas" trash can. If he wants to stay in anything but local El Paso politics, maybe he'll have to pack up, leave the safety blanket of his family, and move to a different state. California might want him.

What impresses me is that he lost his last job January 3, 2019--where his salary was $174K annually of your tax dollars--he presumably spent personal money on his presidential campaign, has three kids at home (the oldest would be somewhere around 15), and lives in the historic Sunset Heights area of El Paso in a Henry Trost-designed house where, supposedly, General Hugh Scott and Pancho Villa met to parlay. He founded the "Powered by People" political action committee in December 2019. You can see its 2019-2020 info here; that's the summary page for the PAC at OpenSecrets.org and includes monies raised; you can click on the tab items to view donors and expenditures. And Robert Francis coauthored a book a decade ago that I can't imagine has much in the way of sales. But otherwise, how's he supporting his family? Speaking fees? His wife's family's money? I mean, in less than two months he will have been out of work for three years. The PAC shows $296,648 in salaries paid for 2020. Is that simply Francis living off the dole and paying himself out of the donated money? Do we get to see Texas gubernatorial candidates' tax returns? :mrgreen:

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

If he loses ( we can’t assume anything these days), we can call him Beto-for-three.
NRA lifetime member

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Today, from the NRA-ILA:

Beto’s Back, Along with His Gun Ban
https://www.nraila.org/articles/2021112 ... is-gun-ban
Everyone’s least favorite adrift office seeker is back in the national spotlight. On November 15, Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke announced his candidacy for Texas governor. Should the work-shy politico secure the Democratic nomination, it would likely set up a 2022 showdown with two-term Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R)....

During the September 12, 2019 Democratic debate, Beto was asked about his proposal to confiscate commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms. Beto responded in part by saying, “[Heck] yes, we're going to take your AR-15!” The Beto campaign would go on to sell t-shirts with the anti-gun slogan.

Less than a week later, Beto reiterated his call for gun confiscation on CNN’s Cuomo Prime Time. During an interview, Chris Cuomo asked Beto, “All right, so let's state the proposition. Are you, in fact, in favor of gun confiscation?” Beto responded with “Yes.”
It's a good article, and well worth the read.

Beto tried a run at the presidency in 2020 and never secured even one, single delegate before dropping out of the race. We need to make sure that his extremist political views are shut down just as hard in his bid to be governor. Heck no, Beto. This is Texas!

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

KC5AV wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 pm If he loses ( we can’t assume anything these days), we can call him Beto-for-three.
He damn near won against Cruz. He turned Tarrant county Blue and it stayed that way for Xiden.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

Can Let's Go Beto catch on as a chant?

cirus

Post by cirus »

chamberc wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:14 pm
KC5AV wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 pm If he loses ( we can’t assume anything these days), we can call him Beto-for-three.
He damn near won against Cruz. He turned Tarrant county Blue and it stayed that way for Xiden.
He didn't turn Tarrant blue. The people that lived there turned it blue.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

cirus wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:30 am
chamberc wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:14 pm
He didn't turn Tarrant blue. The people that lived there turned it blue.
Regardless, it was the last high population county in Texas that had been red.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Not thrilled about linking to The Hill, but an article says it all about Beto's appearance Sunday, November 21, on CNN’s "State of the Union":

O'Rourke stands by his 'we're gonna take your AR-15, your AK-47' comment
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-tal ... ar-15-view
Asked...if he would stand by his vow if elected governor of Texas, O’Rourke said, “I still hold this view.”

“Look, we are a state that has a long, proud tradition of responsible gun ownership. And most of us here in Texas do not want to see our friends, our family members, our neighbors shot up with these weapons of war. So, yes, I still hold this view,” O’Rourke said.... [He] went on to say that Texans have told him that they are concerned about the bill Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) signed over the summer that allows for concealed carry without a permit in the state.

“We don’t want extremism in our gun laws. We want to protect the Second Amendment. We want to protect the lives of our fellow Texans. And I know that when we come together and stop this divisive extremism that we see from Greg Abbott right now, we're going to be able to do that,” he said.
I've been wondering for a year now exactly how, since the far left co-opted the word "extremism," I suddenly went overnight from a quiet, tax-paying, law-abiding, civic-minded, charity-volunteering American citizen to an "extremist" without doing anything. I'm told the synonyms of "extremism" are "radicalism," "zealotry," and "fanaticism." Why do I feel that better describes the far-left loons like Beto than it does me? I think the closest to fanaticism that I come is that my blood pressure spikes when people ignore school zone speed limits.
Inigo Montoya, in The Princess Bride wrote: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Chemist45 »

This is Beto's last hurrah - a chance to line his pockets before he disappears into obscurity.
This election will be in 2022, not 2018. Cruz struggled as a result of being pummeled by Trump in 2016 and a general anti-Republican sentiment nationwide.
In 2022, the tide will be against the Democrats and it will be no different in Texas.
Beto will raise a lot of money both in state and out of state. Those dollars will be wasted and some of them will find their way into his pockets and his families pockets as they are paid for "Services" and "Consulting".
After he loses, Beto will just have to get buy on the money he grifted from gullible, out of state, liberals.
Boo Hoo.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”