Biden to Nominate Gun Control Activist as ATF Director

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

wil
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Biden to Nominate Gun Control Activist as ATF Director

Post by wil »

Acronym Esq wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:43 am
I enjoyed his interview. He sounded experienced, reasonable, and relatable. Much better speaker than many of the willful/accidental idiots I usually hear arguing for gun control.

I strongly disagree with him, but I can respect him.

acronym 4/9/2021 10:36 AM
Reasonable? Are you aware of the fact that this is the individual who posed for a picture triumphantly holding a rifle while standing on the burned ruins of the Davidian church with the charred body of a dead church member in the background?

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 8

Post by eyedoc »

wil wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:12 am
I enjoyed his interview. He sounded experienced, reasonable, and relatable. Much better speaker than many of the willful/accidental idiots I usually hear arguing for gun control.

Reasonable? Are you aware of the fact that this is the individual who posed for a picture triumphantly holding a rifle while standing on the burned ruins of the Davidian church with the charred body of a dead church member in the background?

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Last edited by eyedoc on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

He is also a liar who said the Davidians used two 50 cals to shoot down two helicopters

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

rtschl
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rtschl »

Biden's nominee will be one of the most dangerous threats to 2A liberties if the Senate approves him. He apparently believes in some really crazy conspiracy theories but has locked his Twitter account and is probably going through deleting a lot of the egregious things he has tweeted. https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/08/bi ... r-account/

His lies about Waco are well documented as are his insults to Americans who own guns: https://www.lawofficer.com/chipman-conspiracy-theory/

if he is in charge of the ATF our liberties are seriously in danger and I fear more Waco and Ruby Ridge type federal assaults happening on his watch. He seemed anxious to glory in ATF's failures at Waco and I just get the sense that will be his modus operandi as ATF director.
Ron
NRA Member

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

rtschl wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 am Biden's nominee will be one of the most dangerous threats to 2A liberties if the Senate approves him. He apparently believes in some really crazy conspiracy theories but has locked his Twitter account and is probably going through deleting a lot of the egregious things he has tweeted. https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/08/bi ... r-account/

His lies about Waco are well documented as are his insults to Americans who own guns: https://www.lawofficer.com/chipman-conspiracy-theory/

if he is in charge of the ATF our liberties are seriously in danger and I fear more Waco and Ruby Ridge type federal assaults happening on his watch. He seemed anxious to glory in ATF's failures at Waco and I just get the sense that will be his modus operandi as ATF director.
I know he was at Ruby Ridge but don't know his role.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rtschl »

I didn't know he was at Ruby Ridge. But I think he would take ATF in a direction that favors those type of raids.
Ron
NRA Member

wil
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wil »

eyedoc wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:21 am

thats him and that's the picture. The body is there over his right shoulder in the whitish heavily charred area behind him. That is a 71 year old victim burned to death from what they did there.

Ever seen the pictures of what they did to the pets there? It is sadistic cruelty, that's the only words I can think of to describe it.

This individual was proud of what he did to those people, and the content of his character is self-evident as shown by his willingness to lie. Shot down two helicopters? An outright lie. And that's not the first lie he's told, remember the lie about CS gas was not used? Everyone said "no, not used there" Till the spent 40mm gas grenade was found.......

BTW: CS gas is outlawed from military use.....yet he and others used it on american citizens there.

what makes anyone think he is not willing to do the same again, and would instigate such were he told to do so by the current regime?

Given the current state of things, God willing this state enacts sanctuary laws, what makes anyone think they wouldn't do another raid such as this for political purposes, which they did there?

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

As a compromise, I would pay 200 and register it if I could drill the 3rd hole and have the rock and roll setting on the selector.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

madwildcat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by madwildcat »

eyedoc wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:23 am

As a compromise, I would pay 200 and register it if I could drill the 3rd hole and have the rock and roll setting on the selector.
I love the "Its just a background check and prints" to get an NFA item. If it was "just" that, why does it take months (and even years) to "just" do. Also, I was unaware that there are "millions" of firearms on the NFA registry. I could believe that with silencers, maybe we could get to the number, but otherwise, it seems kind of high.

Also, I agree with eyedoc, if you want to treat it like a machinegun, I am happy to pay and make it one :mrgreen:

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Paladin »

eyedoc wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:29 am Image
Those pictures are .... well I can't use the language I want to use.... but abominable will have to do.

Just that photo spread says to me we all need equal arms to the government as a guarantee to life, liberty, and property.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Paladin »

This shows most NFA "firearms" are destructive devices... with over 1.3 million silencers and 630,000 machineguns.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

madwildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:24 pm
eyedoc wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:23 am

I love the "Its just a background check and prints" to get an NFA item. If it was "just" that, why does it take months (and even years) to "just" do. Also, I was unaware that there are "millions" of firearms on the NFA registry. I could believe that with silencers, maybe we could get to the number, but otherwise, it seems kind of high.

Also, I agree with eyedoc, if you want to treat it like a machinegun, I am happy to pay and make it one :mrgreen:
I think there is a reason he is pushing the treat it like a machine gun. That registry has been closed since 1986 and no new firearms can be added to it. Does that give a hint of their plans?
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”