Biden to Nominate Gun Control Activist as ATF Director

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Biden to Nominate Gun Control Activist as ATF Director

Post by crazy2medic »

The 1994 Assault ban was not moving in congress, after the Waco Incident it passed fairly easily, I believe the blood of the Davidians greased the skids to it's passing!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Attachments
4546A094-9616-4D1C-A36C-A6671BA82198.jpeg

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rafe »

Another news article about the hearing:

Biden ATF pick David Chipman botches assault rifle definition at contentious hearing

https://nypost.com/2021/05/26/biden-atf ... t-hearing/
Citing firearm sale reports on the southwestern border, Chipman claimed the ATF defines an assault rifle as “any semi-automatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine above the caliber of .22, which would include a .223, which is, you know largely the AR-15 round.”
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Both Ted Cruz and Marsha Blackmon left Chipman with him holding his intestines in! The guy was totally lost under their questions
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

senator Kennedy of LA. pretty much cleaned his clock as well when he asked the guy to define an assault weapon

stumbled and mumbled..chipman reminds me of the actor on the show REBA that plays Van ..same dumb look Steve Howey was his name

someone afterwards used the atf nominees definition of assault weapon could be an axe , heard it in a snipet but never got the whole verbiage
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

He reminds me of the character "Biff" from the "Back to the future movies" - Big, Dumb and arrogant. A bully.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

How can you say you want to ban something that you can't define?
Charlie

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chasfm11 »

TxRVer wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:14 am How can you say you want to ban something that you can't define?
His problem, and the problem with all of the gun control advocates, is that they don't have to define anything if they state what they really want - all guns. This AR talk is only the "for now" version of that. I've had this same discussion with a half a dozen Liberals. When I start poking at their arguments, they end up saying that there never should be a gun in civilian hands. This is an incremental drip, drip, drip and really doesn't' matter what is in the latest drop. If they were successful at the rifle ban, they would quickly pivot to what we have all said - handguns kill more people and now let's ban those.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

flechero

Post by flechero »

TxRVer wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:14 am How can you say you want to ban something that you can't define?
Oh, he can define it... the problem is that he considers any weapon in the hands of a civilian to be an assault weapon. The actual definition he seems to be getting at in questioning was "any weapon that can be used in an assault of another" :roll:

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Pure gaslighting. "It's really, really hard to reload." :roll:
-Ruark

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rafe »

Ruark wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:42 am Pure gaslighting. "It's really, really hard to reload." :roll:
"Ah hah! We'll ban everything but revolvers! Only six bullets and it takes forever to reload..."

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Gun Control does not work, anti-guns folks know that for certainty. Their goal, like the ex-SCOTUS judge, is to declare that the 2ndA is nothing but a state right to have a National Guards. That is. It is like in Europe and Canada, it is up to the state to let civilians have any kind of weapon if so they wish. Or, no firearms at all.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I had not read that before. Chipman acts as if semi-automatic firearms are something relatively new, like they just popped up on the scene or something. Mass produced semiautomatic firearms have been around since the late 1800s, and started to become popular in the early 1900s; in other words, despite what that prevaricating Chipman spewed out in that interview, there is absolutely NOTHING new about semiautomatic firearms in civilian hands. Even the AR design is from the late 50s, and Colt began to sell them on the civilian market in 1964. Two of the biggest problems in this nation are ignorance and apathy.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

The NRA has set up an easy website to tell your senators to oppose this person.
https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/12425

I'm certain that Cruz will oppose Chipman. Cornyn may need some prodding.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:41 am
I had not read that before. Chipman acts as if semi-automatic firearms are something relatively new, like they just popped up on the scene or something. Mass produced semiautomatic firearms have been around since the late 1800s, and started to become popular in the early 1900s; in other words, despite what that prevaricating Chipman spewed out in that interview, there is absolutely NOTHING new about semiautomatic firearms in civilian hands. Even the AR design is from the late 50s, and Colt began to sell them on the civilian market in 1964. Two of the biggest problems in this nation are ignorance and apathy.
According to Chipman here's a photo of my "assault rifle". It's even made by Armalite so it's an official AR.

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”