Biden to Nominate Gun Control Activist as ATF Director

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Biden to Nominate Gun Control Activist as ATF Director

Post by srothstein »

puma guy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:01 pmAccording to Chipman here's a photo of my "assault rifle". It's even made by Armalite so it's an official AR.
Now I am confused. Does the fact that it is an AR-7 make it half as bad as the AR-15? Or does it make it twice as bad because it is so concealable when disassembled?

On the other hand, I do like the stock on yours. That is a good looking example of those rifles. Mine were always just the evil plain black ones. Fun to plink with though, and actually pretty good at what they were designed for - an emergency survival rifle.
Steve Rothstein

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

puma guy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:01 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:41 am
I had not read that before. Chipman acts as if semi-automatic firearms are something relatively new, like they just popped up on the scene or something. Mass produced semiautomatic firearms have been around since the late 1800s, and started to become popular in the early 1900s; in other words, despite what that prevaricating Chipman spewed out in that interview, there is absolutely NOTHING new about semiautomatic firearms in civilian hands. Even the AR design is from the late 50s, and Colt began to sell them on the civilian market in 1964. Two of the biggest problems in this nation are ignorance and apathy.
According to Chipman here's a photo of my "assault rifle". It's even made by Armalite so it's an official AR.

The only technicality that would not make it an "assault rifle" under the definition he gave is that it shoots 22 lr. He said anything over 22 caliber and capable of receiving a magazine.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

Flightmare wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:44 pm
I had not read that before. Chipman acts as if semi-automatic firearms are something relatively new, like they just popped up on the scene or something. Mass produced semiautomatic firearms have been around since the late 1800s, and started to become popular in the early 1900s; in other words, despite what that prevaricating Chipman spewed out in that interview, there is absolutely NOTHING new about semiautomatic firearms in civilian hands. Even the AR design is from the late 50s, and Colt began to sell them on the civilian market in 1964. Two of the biggest problems in this nation are ignorance and apathy.
According to Chipman here's a photo of my "assault rifle". It's even made by Armalite so it's an official AR.

The only technicality that would not make it an "assault rifle" under the definition he gave is that it shoots 22 lr. He said anything over 22 caliber and capable of receiving a magazine.
And yet the caliber of .22lr is about .001" smaller than 5.56x45 NATO. Not really worth noting if you just look at caliber.
Charlie

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Flightmare wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:44 pm

He stated that any thing above the caliber of .22 which includes the .223 and didn't differentiate center fire or rimfire which is moot condsidering only caliber . A 22. lr bullet would be included in his definition. .22LR bullet diameter is .223-.225 depending on whose date you use.
Image Image
Chipman claimed the ATF defines an assault rifle as “any semi-automatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine above the caliber of .22, which would include a .223, which is, you know largely the AR-15 round.”
The problem is there are dozens, maybe hundreds of .22 rimfire semi-autos with detachable magazines that fit Chipman's qoute of what the ATF considers to be an assault rifle. He was asked a specific question on his definition of an assault rifle and when pressed gave the statement above. Given that he will be in charge of the ATF and is clueless I believe he would stick to that definition, simplistic though it be. He thinks AR-15 type rifles are far more deadly than other firearms. We all know that is fantasy. That indicates an irrational, illogical ability to reason in my opinion and an unmitigated bias based on no real facts.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Senator Susan Collins of Maine, not the most conservative of Republicans, has publicly come out against the confirmation of Chipman. She cited his past as a gun control advocate, and statements he made against both the legal firearms industry and law-abiding firearms owners. Not sure the site where I saw the quotes was allowable here as it is a "hard-core" conservative site, so I won't link to it. Her comments can be found with a quick search. I hope that if he has lost support of someone more centrist like Senator Collins, that his confirmation is toast...and he only has himself to blame.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

More Bad About David Chipman
https://www.captainsjournal.com/2021/06 ... d-chipman/
"
@ameracctfnd said the former @ATFHQ agent recalled @DavidChipman saying:"

“'Wow, there were an unusually large number of African American agents that passed the exam this time. They must have been cheating.'”

rtschl
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rtschl »

ATF agents confirm existence of Racial Complaint against Chipman:

Full article here with other good nuggets: https://thereload.com/atf-agents-corrob ... ctiveness/
Ron
NRA Member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

So two different items here (in addition to his alleged racists comments and official complaints - see above post):

1. Multiple former agents come out against his nomination:
“Having been at the Bureau at the same time as Mr. Chipman and having followed his career after he left the Bureau, we are very familiar with his leadership style and his approach to leading the agency,” the former agents said in the letter. “While an agent, David did not exhibit the collaborative and respectful type of leadership required of an agency Director that must manage a diverse workforce with challenging issues.

2. He failed to disclose his appearance on Communist Chinese state TV for propaganda purposes by the Communist Party.

Links to both articles from Twitter below:
https://thereload.com/former-atf-collea ... -that-job/
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... propaganda
Ron
NRA Member

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Why Did Biden's ATF Nominee Go on Chinese Communist TV...And Why Didn't He Disclose That?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... o-n2593636
President Biden's nominee to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) failed to disclose to the Senate a media appearance on Chinese state TV, which may have been used as propaganda by the communist state to cover up a mass stabbing of children.

Biden's ATF nominee David Chipman appeared on a Chinese state-run media network, China Global Television Network (CGTN), previously known as CCTN, in December 2012 to discuss the government's response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, one of the deadliest shootings in U.S. history that killed 28 people and injured two.

CGTN, which reaches 30 million households within the U.S., "is an arm of China’s propaganda machine. It is controlled by the Communist Party and serves as part of what Mr. Xi has called Beijing’s ‘publicity front.’" as described by the New York Times. In 2019, the Department of Justice (DOJ) required CGTN to register as a foreign agent under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, or FARA.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:18 am Why Did Biden's ATF Nominee Go on Chinese Communist TV...And Why Didn't He Disclose That?
The real reason? Hunter Biden told Chipman that Eric Swalwell had told him it was perfectly fine to do that.
:biggrinjester:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Rafe wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:31 am
Grayling813 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:18 am Why Did Biden's ATF Nominee Go on Chinese Communist TV...And Why Didn't He Disclose That?
The real reason? Hunter Biden told Chipman that Eric Swalwell had told him it was perfectly fine to do that.
:biggrinjester:
"rlol"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”