Setting the stage for "assault weapon ban"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Setting the stage for "assault weapon ban"

Post by Ruark »

Here's a new video from MSNBC, designed to get people psyched up to support an AR ban. Pretty intense propaganda, especially for non-gun-owners who are on the fence.
-Ruark

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Setting the stage for "assault weapon ban"

Post by Paladin »

Continuing riots demonstrate the widespread need for AR-15's and other semi-automatic firearms.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My counter argument would be this: Very few people who are "on the fence" about almost any topic—let alone guns—still take MSNBC even remotely seriously. In other words, those who still do, aren’t really on the fence.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

What a load of malarkey.

M16 soooo deadly that a single shot took the head of enemy combatants.
M16 rounds so devastating that armed forces can’t take prisoners because it kills everyone even when they have minor wounds.

I am sure anecdotal evidence can be found but come on. They try to make M16 sound more deadly than a round from a 155mm howitzer. It’s all about instilling fear.
Last edited by Syntyr on Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
-Mao Zedong

After seizing the government through a rigged election... it's only natural that authoritarian's would go for broke.

The FBI didn't have any issues supplying a weapon to ISIS terrorists inside the US link... and the US government supplying massive amounts of weapons to terrorists seems to be a regular occurrence link

Full government accountability is the first step to reducing terrorist violence
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

What a bunch of nonsense. Even the weapon he called a prototype AR-15 in Vietnam was not an AR 15.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:18 am Continuing riots demonstrate the widespread need for AR-15's and other semi-automatic firearms.
:thumbs2:
"Roof Koreans" needed good >defense< guns
https://www.google.com/search?client=-b ... of+koreans
Roof Koreans, also known as Rooftop Koreans, is a slang term referring to Korean-American business owners who defended their storefronts during the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
Images of the shopkeepers standing on rooftops wielding firearms were widely publicized in news media, earning them a reputation for being bold and courageous. https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/roof-koreans

Since we need "defense" guns anything used by Department of Defense should be exempt and classified as a "Defense" gun not an "assault" weapon

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I stopped watching when the Congressman said he was issued an AR-15 when he was in the military. Either he's lying, or he isn't talking about the U.S. military.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Syntyr wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:31 am What a load of malarkey.

M16 soooo deadly that a single shot took the head of enemy combatants.
M16 rounds so devastating that armed forces can’t take prisoners because it kills everyone even when they have minor wounds.

I am sure anecdotal evidence can be found but come on. They try to make M16 sound more deadly than a round from a 155mm howitzer. It’s all about instilling fear.
Shame on MSNBC for belittling my beloved M109 155mm Self Propelled Howitzer! The Paladin is MUCH more deadly than an M16!!

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

flechero

Post by flechero »

I'm not an AR aficionado and even I caught about a dozen total bull "facts." I waited for him to tell us how many people have died to the glock in the last few years.

This kind of production should get the people who made it, fired....

Remember when you were young and the news was just the news? Now it's 90% a persuasive argument for something with a few loose "facts" mixed in to try and make it look legit.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

flechero wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:35 pm I'm not an AR aficionado and even I caught about a dozen total bull "facts." I waited for him to tell us how many people have died to the glock in the last few years.

This kind of production should get the people who made it, fired....

Remember when you were young and the news was just the news? Now it's 90% a persuasive argument for something with a few loose "facts" mixed in to try and make it look legit.
Well you know that AR 15 round is supersonic so the Shockwave sucks the oxygen out of the air and kills everyone in its path.

I better stop it before some knucklehead sees this and starts repeating it.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

Yeah, plus a good portion of the time he was talking about AR-15s, they were showing a soldier with an M-60 machine gun.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

If 5.56 is so lethal, why was the 6.8SPC developed?

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”