Normal capacity magazine ban bill introduced in the House

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Normal capacity magazine ban bill introduced in the House

Post by philip964 »

LDB415

Re: Normal capacity magazine ban bill introduced in the House

Post by LDB415 »

Tweet doesn't work. Any info or link via a normal method and not leftist twitter?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

My dog’s excrement has higher IQ than Ted the moron Deutch.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Are they going to come around and collect all of them?

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MaduroBU »

The Virginia Tech shooter murdered 32 and injured 17 people with 10 round magazines. The thing that these cretins are most terrified of is their sick power fantasy being interrupted by someone else carrying a firearm. The desire to exact revenge for a host of real or imagined slights from related or wholly unrelated third parties founders in the face of the very real chance that the final, suicidal act will be yet another laughable failure. Many are also afraid of dying. These people are fundamentally cowards, and the rapid, violent reactions of their intended victims has a far greater effect than merely stopping one shooter. Rather, when a shooter who serves as a model for what others hope to become is rapidly engaged serves as a huge deterrent to others.

The shootings will slow and end when the pool of shooters is dissuaded from impartial violence not by their fear of ultimately being punished or killed, but by their fear of public failure.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

MaduroBU wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:32 pm The Virginia Tech shooter murdered 32 and injured 17 people with 10 round magazines. The thing that these cretins are most terrified of is their sick power fantasy being interrupted by someone else carrying a firearm. The desire to exact revenge for a host of real or imagined slights from related or wholly unrelated third parties founders in the face of the very real chance that the final, suicidal act will be yet another laughable failure. Many are also afraid of dying. These people are fundamentally cowards, and the rapid, violent reactions of their intended victims has a far greater effect than merely stopping one shooter. Rather, when a shooter who serves as a model for what others hope to become is rapidly engaged serves as a huge deterrent to others.

The shootings will slow and end when the pool of shooters is dissuaded from impartial violence not by their fear of ultimately being punished or killed, but by their fear of public failure.
If I recall, the Parkland shooter specifically chose 10 round magazines because he couldn't fit larger ones in his backpack. Perhaps the solution is to ban the smaller magazines? (kidding of course)
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:55 pm
MaduroBU wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:32 pm The Virginia Tech shooter murdered 32 and injured 17 people with 10 round magazines. The thing that these cretins are most terrified of is their sick power fantasy being interrupted by someone else carrying a firearm. The desire to exact revenge for a host of real or imagined slights from related or wholly unrelated third parties founders in the face of the very real chance that the final, suicidal act will be yet another laughable failure. Many are also afraid of dying. These people are fundamentally cowards, and the rapid, violent reactions of their intended victims has a far greater effect than merely stopping one shooter. Rather, when a shooter who serves as a model for what others hope to become is rapidly engaged serves as a huge deterrent to others.

If I recall, the Parkland shooter specifically chose 10 round magazines because he couldn't fit larger ones in his backpack. Perhaps the solution is to ban the smaller magazines? (kidding of course)
That kid, the Newtown shooter and the Charleston shooter needed to be placed in some kind of protective but involuntary custody at a young age. They were damaged and dangerous people, and our refusal to do anything with them cost of a lot of innocent people their lives. Our current strategy is to wait until they break the law and then imprison them, which works out horribly for them (they aren't really responsible for their actions....their brains are simply non-functional) and even worse for their victims if their first crime is a shooting spree instead of selling dope or petty larceny.

Some people belong in asylums, and waiting for an excuse to send them to prison instead doesn't make us humanitarians.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

The risk of abuse is tremendous if locking people up to prevent violence

there will be a lot of 5 year olds locked up because of an idiot liberal school teacher,doctor,

or other person wanting to put someone away for reasons of taking a person's property, money and other assets
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) Tweeted:
If 6 brave, trained, and alert police officers with professionally maintained weapons fired 58 rounds to subdue the Dayton shooter," he explained, "I'd say my wife deserves at least that many chances to protect herself and my kids when I'm not home.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Chemist45 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:43 pm Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) Tweeted:
If 6 brave, trained, and alert police officers with professionally maintained weapons fired 58 rounds to subdue the Dayton shooter," he explained, "I'd say my wife deserves at least that many chances to protect herself and my kids when I'm not home.
Thank you, Representative Massie.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I get so sick and tired of politicians blaming everything but the person when there is a mass shooting. It is the same line of thought as blaming vehicles when someone drives drunk and kills a family in a car accident.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The cure for violence is common sense criminal controls. Things like actually charging criminals, larger jails & prisons, higher bail amounts, longer sentences, etc. When a mass shooting occurs, people blame the gun, unless a cop is involved. Then the cop is blamed for everything including global warming.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

cirus

Post by cirus »

OneGun wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:26 pm The cure for violence is common sense criminal controls. Things like actually charging criminals, larger jails & prisons, higher bail amounts, longer sentences, etc. When a mass shooting occurs, people blame the gun, unless a cop is involved. Then the cop is blamed for everything including global warming.
:iagree: Public executions would help also. Get rid of gun free zones because only law-abiding people follow the rules. Constitutional carry would solve alot. An armed people are a polite people.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

The cure for violence is common sense criminal controls.
violence is a manifestation of an underlying problem (or problems).

The cure for violence is to find the root cause. We already incarcerate more people per capita than most countries. While I'm all in favor of locking up violent criminals (or public execution), that doesn't help us with the next nutjob in the queue.

The question shouldn't be "how do we keep guns/knives/rental trucks loaded with fertilizer/fuel) out of the hands of the nutjobs, but rather "what in the world would cause someone to murder a bunch of innocent people?"

I realize in a lot of cases (unfortunately, after its too late) a long list of "obvious" hints/signs/activities get 'discovered' and the path was obvious, but still...even if "mass murderer #17" was bullied, fired, and disgruntled how/why do they have no sense of right & wrong, no belief in the value of human life?

Obviously, finding the real problem (or problems) is difficult (and finding a solution even more difficult), but its further complicated by our sound-bite, quick-fix,short attention span society, which just enables politicians to propose solutions that only address the symptoms. Kinda like western medicine :-0

oops, I may have gone off on a tanget.... :-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

cirus

Post by cirus »

The more you take God out of everything the worse it will get. You can't stop it. Man is evil by nature. We can fight it and keep it at bay maybe but thats about it.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”