House to vote on DC statehood on Tuesday

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

House to vote on DC statehood on Tuesday

Post by philip964 »

Last edited by philip964 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AF-Odin

Re: Hose to vote on DC statehood on Tuesday

Post by AF-Odin »

Just give it back to Maryland like they did with part of the original DC that was south of the Potomac and was given back to Virginia.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

flechero

Post by flechero »

Can anyone tell me how the dems can beat the clock on anything they dream up, no matter how off the rails, but when the Rep's had all 3 branches, we go very little done fast????

I know they are better at cheating but the timelines are pretty concrete, no?

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

flechero wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:17 pm Can anyone tell me how the dems can beat the clock on anything they dream up, no matter how off the rails, but when the Rep's had all 3 branches, we go very little done fast????

Because the republican's want all of the power and money they can get, just like the democrats. Neither party really wants The People to have control.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

flechero wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:17 pm Can anyone tell me how the dems can beat the clock on anything they dream up, no matter how off the rails, but when the Rep's had all 3 branches, we go very little done fast????

You might say their public relations department (AKA mainstream media) is better at providing cover. When the democrats have proposed certain legislation, the MSM goes into defense and cover mode. When republicans have proposed legislation, the MSM gets the public in outrage mode to call and complain to republican office holders.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

jmra

Post by jmra »

The last time the Republicans controlled all 3 they spent most of the two years trying to figure out how to distance themselves from Trump. Wasted a golden opportunity.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Swamp creatures on both sides.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Chemist45

Re: House to vote on DC statehood on Tuesday

Post by Chemist45 »

flechero wrote:
Can anyone tell me how the dems can beat the clock on anything they dream up, no matter how off the rails, but when the Rep's had all 3 branches, we go very little done fast????
Because the Dems have Nancy Pelosi in charge of the house who is a craven individual, not afraid to use the power of the speakership to punish those who do not go along and the Reps had Paul Ryan who was just democrat-light.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”