Patron in Restaurant pulls gun on armed BLM marchers

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Patron in Restaurant pulls gun on armed BLM marchers

Post by howdy »

Look at the gun this guy pulls on BLM protestors that entered the restaurant where he was eating. The article says several BLM members were visibly armed:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisville-r ... ucky-derby
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Patron in Restaurant pulls gun on armed BLM marchers

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

howdy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:59 pm Look at the gun this guy pulls on BLM protestors that entered the restaurant where he was eating. The article says several BLM members were visibly armed:
I saw that on Facebook. It became apparent he was outgunned very fast. I am not so sure pulling a gun on that big of a mob is the right answer. One guy with a hand gun could quickly be over whelmed by them, even if they did not have guns. Personally, as much as I would love to just obliterate several of those terrorists, I would likely just make my get away and live to fight another day.

As a side note. I am disgusted by the media referring to these terrorists as "protestors". They are rioters! Our city governments need to start shutting these thugs down when they cross the line over to bullying and intimidating citizens. Where the heck were the cops???

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

I respect that he chooses to carry. I respect his ability to choose to carry a backup gun. But if that's his primary...he needs to rethink things and choose to actually carry something practical.
Attachments
think-before-you-draw.jpg
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

cirus

Post by cirus »

He's one of those old guys that won't carry in a holster. They want something small enough to carry in their pocket. :roll:

03Lightningrocks

cirus wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:45 pm He's one of those old guys that won't carry in a holster. They want something small enough to carry in their pocket. :roll:
I remember when I use to think one of those old guys referred to someone around forty. Now it makes me think of someone around eighty. "rlol"

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:15 pm
cirus wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:45 pm He's one of those old guys that won't carry in a holster. They want something small enough to carry in their pocket. :roll:
I remember when I use to think one of those old guys referred to someone around forty. Now it makes me think of someone around eighty. "rlol"
:iagree: but the closer I get to 70 I may push that out to 90 :smilelol5:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

flechero

Post by flechero »

The line from Crocodile Dundee comes to mind... "That's not a knife, this is a knife"

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I have to point out that as small as it was (and not something I would ever care to carry), it did what he needed it to do. It convinced the one organizer to start pushing her crowd back out of the restaurant which avoided him having to shoot anyone.

I am a firm believer that if he had opened fire, most of the crowd, probably even those with guns, would have turned and run. Take the lead person out of the fight and most of the others will also leave.
Steve Rothstein

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:09 pm
howdy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:59 pm Look at the gun this guy pulls on BLM protestors that entered the restaurant where he was eating. The article says several BLM members were visibly armed:
I saw that on Facebook. It became apparent he was outgunned very fast. I am not so sure pulling a gun on that big of a mob is the right answer. One guy with a hand gun could quickly be over whelmed by them, even if they did not have guns. Personally, as much as I would love to just obliterate several of those terrorists, I would likely just make my get away and live to fight another day.

As a side note. I am disgusted by the media referring to these terrorists as "protestors". They are rioters! Our city governments need to start shutting these thugs down when they cross the line over to bullying and intimidating citizens. Where the heck were the cops???
:iagree:

On all points. I support the 1A and 2A so armed protests are fine as long as crimes aren't committed. By crimes I mean assault, disturbing the peace, making threats, etc.

I haven't seen this video so I can't comment on it specifically but I think it was in NY/NJ where diners had their plates upset, drinks taken/spilled, restaurant windows broken, patrons taunted, etc. These are crimes. If the authorities don't enforce the law, citizens/victims will defend themselves and things will get very ugly.

I'm no lawyer but I think circumstances and context matters. If you go to a protest/counter-protest and things go sideways, I'd never excuse any crimes but that possibility has to be considered given the high tension in society today. When you simply go to dinner and are confronted, it is had to say "you put yourself in a vulnerable position".

Coddling rioters/looters/arsonists must stop. Protest is a right but so is being free from attack. These two things can and must co-exist.

When the mayor of Portland has finally seen the light, perhaps there is some hope after all. If the anarchists think this is bringing them converts, they are mistaken. You can scare/intimidate people for awhile but as Gov. Cuomo is finding out, those you trample you are happy to do likewise you when the opportunity arises.

I didn't witness the civil rights movement of the 60s but from what I've read there were 2 competing philosophies: 1) non-violence & changing of hearts and minds via civil protest and 2) violent revolution. Dr. King's side won because it was a moral and just cause (and look at the alternative). Where is that side today?

SA-TX

cirus

Post by cirus »

I'm glad I could lighten the mood in here. :biggrinjester:

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

These are some other noteworthy parts of the story:
A man was charged with possession of a handgun by a convicted felon and first-degree wanton endangerment of an officer. He was arrested after an officer allegedly spotted open alcohol containers and a loaded handgun in the front seat of his vehicle....

The probe is happening as Louisville has seen a surge of violent crime. According to police statistics, murders, rapes and robberies were up more than 81% above the five-year averages in January and February. This followed a 2020 where police retirements and resignations were at a five-year high after Taylor's death. Approximately 15% of the police force left during that time.
BLM = PRO CRIME... In this particular instance you've got a convicted felon openly carrying a loaded handgun in the front seat of his vehicle. By criminals, for criminals.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

srothstein wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 pm I have to point out that as small as it was (and not something I would ever care to carry), it did what he needed it to do. It convinced the one organizer to start pushing her crowd back out of the restaurant which avoided him having to shoot anyone.

I am a firm believer that if he had opened fire, most of the crowd, probably even those with guns, would have turned and run. Take the lead person out of the fight and most of the others will also leave.
Historically most criminals are not committed to an attack once bullets headed their way and run once the shooting starts... but these BLM and ANTIFA rioters seem to be of a special sort. The self defense shootings in Kenosha and Austin didn't go that way.

I believe the older gentlemen in Louisville was 100% willing to fight and die. Even underarmed, his commitment and fighting spirit won the day. This is a lesson to winning a fight. First and foremost, once you are in the fight you need to commit to winning. Fights are not a halfway effort. History shows that regardless of numbers or armament, the most committed will often win.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The patron was clearly cut from the same cloth as Samuel Whittemore:

Samuel Whittemore, The Oldest, Bravest American Revolutionary

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

srothstein wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 pm I have to point out that as small as it was (and not something I would ever care to carry), it did what he needed it to do. It convinced the one organizer to start pushing her crowd back out of the restaurant which avoided him having to shoot anyone.

I agree with the highlighted statement in large measure. That is the difference between troops and a mob; training and motivation matter, a lot.

03Lightningrocks

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:31 am

I agree with the highlighted statement in large measure. That is the difference between troops and a mob; training and motivation matter, a lot.
I don't think so. Some or many would run but the folks with the AR15's would have opened fire. Unless they were the first two he shot. These BLM/Antifa protestors are on a mission. They see themselves as freedom fighters. They have a pretty high level of commitment. It is not the same as a couple ghetto stick up guys. Kenosha was a prime example of what is likely to happen. The only running was the poor kid trying to defend himself. How many on this forum would turn and run if someone fired in your direction and you were armed with an AR? And in the current political climate, it would have been called self defense if they killed the old guy.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”