Support for Gun Control Plummets with Young People, Hispanics

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

...a sharp overall decrease in public support for new and more stringent gun control laws. A deeper look inside the poll shows something even more amazing: the sharpest drop came from young people.
Another question, then, is why? Why are young people (and Hispanics) turning against gun control all of a sudden?

Well, lots of reasons…

The first is all the violence in the streets at the hands of the domestic terrorists in Antifa and Black Lives Matter. No sane person can look at this government-approved mob action and come to the conclusion that further restrictions on a person’s God-given right to defend themselves is a sane idea.

When you watch swarms of Democrat Brownshirts attacking innocent people like something out of a zombie movie, the need for a high-capacity magazine comes into full focus.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Support for Gun Control Plummets with Young People, Hispanics

Post by Paladin »

Polls like this one are why I don’t allow the fake media to gaslight me into despair, into believing I’m vastly outnumbered. We are not. We just need to keep telling the truth, keep making our arguments, and keep the faith. This is still America. The only places that are no longer America are the cities where Democrats run and ruin everything.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tex1961 »

I average around 10 students every other weekend that need their live fire quals done from doing the online course. My average stats below

Gender - 70% male / 30% female (this does change with more females some classes)
Age - Under 50 80% - Over 50 20%
Race - White - 45% - Minority 65%

These are people that are coming in everywhere from Lancaster to Denison.

My last in person class which had around 23 people

Gender - 60% Male - 40% Female
Age - Under 50 40% - Over 50 60%
Race - 50/50 white and minority

Compared to only a year ago, the number of female and minority have shot up quite a bit.. Before predominant white male...

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

Tex1961 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:07 am I average around 10 students every other weekend that need their live fire quals done from doing the online course. My average stats below

Gender - 70% male / 30% female (this does change with more females some classes)
Age - Under 50 80% - Over 50 20%
Race - White - 45% - Minority 65%

These are people that are coming in everywhere from Lancaster to Denison.

My last in person class which had around 23 people

Gender - 60% Male - 40% Female
Age - Under 50 40% - Over 50 60%
Race - 50/50 white and minority

Compared to only a year ago, the number of female and minority have shot up quite a bit.. Before predominant white male...
Excellent :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”