How much is too much?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Hoodasnacks
Posts in topic: 2

How much is too much?

Post by Hoodasnacks »

I'm going to call this a self-defense related political issue---

I ask this question here because I believe we are basically all respectful group of people that love our country--we can have an honest conversation. The infringement on liberties has accelerated quite quickly since 2 weeks to slow the spread, and I have an honest question that I would welcome the insight of the gray-beards around here. I don't mean to start anything crazy. All good citizens should always be diligent. Here goes:

I think we would all mostly agree on what the proper course of action would be if we lived in a country where police officers could enter our homes or our neighbors homes and forced medical procedures onto us. At the least, we would have a duty to alter/abolish the government.

Here is the question--Is the coercion really that different if the government forces our place of employment to make us do the same, or else we lose the ability to feed our families, maintain our homes, etc.? It feels a little different, but in the end, I do not think it is.

What is maybe even a little worse is that the mandate looking to be proposed is clearly unconstitutional (and the new $3.5T bill has some coercive punishments attached). They don't care if it is because they know they will get a good amount of forced compliance before it is adequately challenged (same with the 2nd eviction moratorium where the government re-trampled on property rights). So we have purposeful lawlessness by those in power. Similarly, knowing it is unconstitutional to censor speech, but building up monopolies and pressuring them to censor speech is okay? We are being attacked from multiple angles, but the one I outline above should be enough for us to all be up in arms...but we aren't (including myself).

How can we withstand the federal government? Maybe the State can do some stuff to protect us, but their hands are tied too (e.g. the border, the need for federal funds, taking medication from our citizens, etc.). Plus, I don't see the State currently doing that much to protect us anyway. We rightfully have resisted state mandates for private companies to take/prevent actions, but since the private companies are in bed with the Federal government to our detriment (whether due to fear of regulation, ESG concerns, etc.), it is likely time to get over that concern.

I can't be the only one feeling this hopelessness, right?

I do think if it were time to abolish the current bands between us, we could do it peacefully--but maybe that's wrong.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How much is too much?

Post by powerboatr »

unpacking. companies requiring you be vaxed or fired seems out of this world. government forcing these on companies iMO is a slope not easily able to overcome. once enough companies bow, then we as workers are placed in the pickle of jobs or no jobs

i see if this continues, two american societies. one vaxed and one not .
maybe alot more folks living off grid as it where , growing food and the like.

my last employer is requiring all employees to be vaxed, but they are a government contractor. So if big brother mandates it as part of contract, its a done deal. i imagine there was a small turnover, but in the end money will be the deciding factor.

i am a retired navy guy. i receive a small pension from big brother, will they mandate all retirees receiving pension show proof of vax or loose pension? i expect it will be part of the DOD 2022 or 2023 budget
i also get a small VA pension because i am damaged beyond repair, will va demand all of us that get va pensions or health care be vaxed or loose these benefits? i expect it in the VA 2022 or 2023 budget.

how bout those receiving hard earned social security? will they be under same requirements? i expect so

our law makers need to be reminded of said freedoms and if not then we replace them. thats a big ticket.

our border can be fixed by our governor in one week, but it would put the feds against texas in a way we have never seen . we have the power and people to stop all crossings and stop all persons in dhs, ice or other fed custody from being transported within the state boundaries, but we have no governor with the guts to push that hard. it s bridge not easily rebuilt, do we really need the fed government anyway? texas can easily be its own nation, as can many other states. we have food, energy, sea ports, etc

i plan to get vaxed in future , not from pressure, but from weighing the good and bad and taking, what i think was a good approach based on my situation and those of which i must protect. Even my va doctor has expressed waiting to get vaxed a bit longer, so i have.
everyone's situation is different, every bodies family is different and we as humans do whats best for our family

my wife has a terminal brain disease that prevents the inoculation for covid, if she gets vaxed she could most likely die or get much worse and be a veggie.
if they develop a vaccine that will work for her, great. but i bet it wont happen. it only took 21 years for them to finally admit it was caused by live virus flu shots when she was a child

i have to be alive to take care of her, its that simple.

i doubt our house lawmakers ever consider anything beyond the headlines and never go into the weeds of just how good or bad a policy can be. they live in the few months right after taking office, doing a hard charge, then spend the last 17 months running for re-election.
senators hit it hard for what 1 year then play games and regroup then hit it soft hard and then its re-election time. its a wonder anything ever gets done. in my humble opinion
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

mayor

Post by mayor »

If we - Texas Govovernment - we stopped sending our money to Washington, that would pay for taking care of the border. Our highway funds don't have to go to DC and they turn around and send some of it back. Let's just keep it. Those and any other funds that get distributed to DC first. What are "they" going to do? Texas can be Texas. Nullification is a thing.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by longtooth »

I highly favor keeping it and spending it here. Texas is one of the few states that sends MORE to wishingten than they send back. Texas can stand alone w/o DC.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

longtooth wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:11 pm I highly favor keeping it and spending it here. Texas is one of the few states that sends MORE to wishingten than they send back. Texas can stand alone w/o DC.

Would "stand alone" also include reclaiming our "national waters" along the coast line?

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I think that the mandate is being used as a test almost, to see how much people will stand for. And they are seeing more and more people up in arms (figuratively) about it.

There are also a lot of people who agree that it is close to time to reform our government. A lot of them have started preparing for that event. These are the people the government should be concerned with because they are not out protesting or saying anything, just quietly going about their business. They are waiting because, while they agree it is coming, and coming more and more quickly, they don't see it as time for the shooting to start quite yet. Another group may see it as time but they are not organized and no one wants to be the first and be alone doing it.

The fight, as in violent physical fight with any and all weapons, is coming. I believe the speed with which we are running headlong into trouble is increasing. I am still praying for a way to stop it, though I do not expect my prayer to be answered (well, I honestly expect the answer will be an emphatic no).
Steve Rothstein

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

Steve,

You just nailed it!

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

mr surveyor wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:23 pm
longtooth wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:11 pm I highly favor keeping it and spending it here. Texas is one of the few states that sends MORE to wishingten than they send back. Texas can stand alone w/o DC.

Would "stand alone" also include reclaiming our "national waters" along the coast line?

jd
That answer is over my pay grade as a state for sure. I think as a Patriot that it should stand as the Republic of Texas. :thumbs2: (wish we had that Icon)
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

srothstein wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:28 pm I think that the mandate is being used as a test almost, to see how much people will stand for. And they are seeing more and more people up in arms (figuratively) about it.

There are also a lot of people who agree that it is close to time to reform our government. A lot of them have started preparing for that event. These are the people the government should be concerned with because they are not out protesting or saying anything, just quietly going about their business. They are waiting because, while they agree it is coming, and coming more and more quickly, they don't see it as time for the shooting to start quite yet. Another group may see it as time but they are not organized and no one wants to be the first and be alone doing it.

The fight, as in violent physical fight with any and all weapons, is coming. I believe the speed with which we are running headlong into trouble is increasing. I am still praying for a way to stop it, though I do not expect my prayer to be answered (well, I honestly expect the answer will be an emphatic no).
I agree completely w/ all the above. I have said for several years, All I need is a General George Washington to follow.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

longtooth wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:41 pm I have said for several years, All I need is a General George Washington to follow.
Remember George Washington led an army against the tax protesters of the Whiskey Rebellion. So by 1794 this young country was already taking up arms against its citizens.

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

There aren’t enough people in this nation that actually care about freedom, and without a critical mass, all we can do is live out our personal decisions. Anger doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about what is happening. As a believer in Christ, I have to remind myself daily & even hourly that this world isn’t my home.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

I no longer believe that a Texit is out of the question. And I have no doubt that I’d join a serious effort with viable leaders. But that line of thinking brings about some personal considerations that I haven’t heard anybody else mention.
If we claim that Texas is now an independent country and no longer part of the United States, then we would not be US citizens. You can kiss good by to your Social Security, Medicare, Tricare, and any other Federal benefits. My wife and I own a 2 1/2 acre plot of land in SE Arkansas with a house on it where we had intended to retire. My wife owns 40 acres of timber land up there also. Unless Arkansas comes along with us, I’m sure that would be forfeit.
Would we still use the U.S. currency or come up with our own? If your bank is a federal bank, the US Government might well freeze all assets from citizen in a state of rebellion.
It may be something we have to do, but we should go into it with out eyes wide open.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

BigGuy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:57 pm I no longer believe that a Texit is out of the question. And I have no doubt that I’d join a serious effort with viable leaders. But that line of thinking brings about some personal considerations that I haven’t heard anybody else mention.
Everything you mention are actually political questions that can be settled by the final negotiations. I don't think we would necessarily give up any benefits or citizenship since the US recognizes dual citizenship. Land ownership in the US is not subject to citizenship requirement (ask the Chinese), so that is not a worry either. Living there as a non-citizen (depending how that goes) may be a little trickier though.

I have a whole different set of concerns I have been considering. Things like how to protect my family while I am fighting. After all, when the first shot gets fired, we become criminals and traitors until we win. The government will retaliate and harass our family members in an attempt to capture us. They would probably also bug their phones and closely surveil them to see if you contact them. When this starts, if I am in on it, I expect to say goodbye to my whole family for the duration. And since I don't expect to survive if we do not win, it might be my final goodbye.

Those are the types of consequences I am preparing for. I will be betting my life, my family, my fortune, and my sacred honor on it. I want everyone else who is considering it to think of those consequences and prepare for them also.
Steve Rothstein

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Hoodasnacks asked:
Is the coercion really that different if the government forces our place of employment to make us do the same, or else we lose the ability to feed our families, maintain our homes, etc.? It feels a little different, but in the end, I do not think it is.
There is a term for this. Its called fascism.
They don't care if it is because they know they will get a good amount of forced compliance before it is adequately challenged (same with the 2nd eviction moratorium where the government re-trampled on property rights). So we have purposeful lawlessness by those in power.
Yes. The people who took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States are knowingly violating the constitution and their oath.
They are daring us to do something about it.
This is, at the very least, an impeachable offense. At the worst, it is treason.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

You might as well be making the same argument about seat belts. When did you give that freedom up?
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”