As Violence Hits Rich Neighborhoods, Liberals And Ex-Radicals Buy Guns And Mobilize To Oust Progressive DAs

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

As Violence Hits Rich Neighborhoods, Liberals And Ex-Radicals Buy Guns And Mobilize To Oust Progressive DAs

Post by Paladin »

According to LA County Sheriff Alejandro Villanueva, the department has received 8,105 concealed carry weapon applications and approved 2,102 of them since he took office in December 2018, compared to his predecessor having issued 194 permits in four years.

“Even hardcore leftist Democrats who said to me in the past, ‘I’ll never own a gun’ are calling me asking about firearms,” said Joel Glucksman, a private security executive. “I’d say there has been an increase of 80 percent in the number of requests I’m getting this year.”

That trend increased last week, Glucksman said, after a beloved black philanthropist, Jacqueline Avant, was killed in her home.
Looks like left wing terrorism, defund the police, and George Soros DA's are rapidly loosing their popularity.

Stupidity is finely reached its limits.

America needs someone to bring those responsible to justice.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: As Violence Hits Rich Neighborhoods, Liberals And Ex-Radicals Buy Guns And Mobilize To Oust Progressive DAs

Post by Excaliber »

My risk / profit equation says that crime will continue until the risk substantially outweighs the rewards.

There's a reason why home invasions are common in big cities but rare in the rural areas of Texas where law enforcement is sparse.

Unless and untill that reason becomes prevalent in the areas currently experiencing major crime waves, those major crimes will continue to be common.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
Paladin

Re: As Violence Hits Rich Neighborhoods, Liberals And Ex-Radicals Buy Guns And Mobilize To Oust Progressive DAs

Post by Paladin »

Some of the answer:
Beverly Hills residents have organized themselves, block-by-block and in nine city zones, for self-defense. The emergency preparedness committees, Just in Case Beverly Hills...
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Home invasion robbery is probably the crime I fear most. Most doors can be kicked open in at least two kicks if not less. Then you have two or more guys rushing at you. I have guns placed around my home in strategic locations but just the same, a firefight often ends up in both the good guy and bad guy being shot. I have to find a holster that straps on to my underwear.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Being 2 seconds away from having access to a firearm at home is a good idea. I have quick opening safes stashed all over the house, just in case I need a backup or am not wearing a gun.

I wouldn't want to take any unnecessary risks with the family. With proper use of cover and concealment and proven Israeli counter-terrorism methods (i.e. 2 direct to the head) I don't think home defense is especially risky to the defender. As John Correia says, after the first one gets shot, the word spreads.

03Lightningrocks

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:19 am Being 2 seconds away from having access to a firearm at home is a good idea. I have quick opening safes stashed all over the house, just in case I need a backup or am not wearing a gun.

I wouldn't want to take any unnecessary risks with the family. With proper use of cover and concealment and proven Israeli counter-terrorism methods (i.e. 2 direct to the head) I don't think home defense is especially risky to the defender. As John Correia says, after the first one gets shot, the word spreads.
I even have one stashed under my bathroom sink. I didn't want to be caught on the crapper with no gun nearby.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:40 am
Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:19 am Being 2 seconds away from having access to a firearm at home is a good idea. I have quick opening safes stashed all over the house, just in case I need a backup or am not wearing a gun.

I even have one stashed under my bathroom sink. I didn't want to be caught on the crapper with no gun nearby.
:cheers2:

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:45 am Stupidity is finely reached its limits.
I like your optimism.
NRA lifetime member

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:49 am Home invasion robbery is probably the crime I fear most. Most doors can be kicked open in at least two kicks if not less. Then you have two or more guys rushing at you. I have guns placed around my home in strategic locations but just the same, a firefight often ends up in both the good guy and bad guy being shot. I have to find a holster that straps on to my underwear.
Totally serious here...my pocket .38 S&W Bodyguard fits just fine on my right hip with the skivvies....no, I won't describe the mechanics of it... :biggrinjester: I usually wear a baggy pair of athletic shorts around the house and my pocket pistol is always in the right pocket :tiphat: and maybe there's something bigger sitting next to me...

03Lightningrocks

PUCKER wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:11 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:49 am Home invasion robbery is probably the crime I fear most. Most doors can be kicked open in at least two kicks if not less. Then you have two or more guys rushing at you. I have guns placed around my home in strategic locations but just the same, a firefight often ends up in both the good guy and bad guy being shot. I have to find a holster that straps on to my underwear.
Totally serious here...my pocket .38 S&W Bodyguard fits just fine on my right hip with the skivvies....no, I won't describe the mechanics of it... :biggrinjester: I usually wear a baggy pair of athletic shorts around the house and my pocket pistol is always in the right pocket :tiphat: and maybe there's something bigger sitting next to me...
:cheers2:

howdy

Post by howdy »

I ALWAYS carry at home....at least a LCP2 in a Meco back pocket holster. Looks just like a wallet. Off topic. 6 members have posted on this topic and I am the junior one with only 13 years membership. https://mecopocketholsters.com/shop/ols ... et-holster
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

03Lightningrocks

howdy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:23 pm I ALWAYS carry at home....at least a LCP2 in a Meco back pocket holster. Looks just like a wallet. Off topic. 6 members have posted on this topic and I am the junior one with only 13 years membership. https://mecopocketholsters.com/shop/ols ... et-holster
Everyone is getting old. :tiphat: I was in my 40's when I signed on here. Found the site while researching info to get my "CHL". Most of us that signed up at that time were waiting 3-6 months for our license. Those were the days. Every now and then someone would luck out and get theirs in a month and everyone would be jealous...LOL.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

howdy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:23 pm I ALWAYS carry at home....at least a LCP2 in a Meco back pocket holster. Looks just like a wallet. Off topic. 6 members have posted on this topic and I am the junior one with only 13 years membership. https://mecopocketholsters.com/shop/ols ... et-holster
I’m not sure how long I’ve been here…I’m posting so I don’t have to go looking. Anyway, I’m also in the ‘always carry at home’ group with very rare exceptions.

ETA, I guess you’re still the jr here. I just passed the 14 year mark.
NRA lifetime member

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I carry ALL the time. The only exception is in the shower, and then there is one on the bathroom counter just outside the shower. If I'm on the throne, it sits on the window sill beside me.

I'm not surprised that even some liberals are beginning to show an interest in home defense. When major cities run their jails like a revolving door even if cops arrest the punks in some cases the system just lets them go. Out where I live every home has several guns in it, and the people know how to use them. The only theft that occurs is when the thieves know that no one is at home.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Excaliber wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:58 am My risk / profit equation says that crime will continue until the risk substantially outweighs the rewards.

There's a reason why home invasions are common in big cities but rare in the rural areas of Texas where law enforcement is sparse.

Unless and untill that reason becomes prevalent in the areas currently experiencing major crime waves, those major crimes will continue to be common.
:iagree:

And it's likely that I will be the "kid" on here posting. :biggrinjester:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”