Ukraine goes all 2nd amendment all of a sudden

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Ukraine goes all 2nd amendment all of a sudden

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I saw some video recently of Ukraine citizens who had just received their AK's.

They were laying prone on the ground, pointing downrange, but not actually firing. A white haired grandmother and a teenage/young 20's woman were 2 of the new shooters. Bless their warrior spirit hearts.

Russia will prevail in conquering Ukraine, but Russian troops will probably be sniped in small numbers continuously, IMHO.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jerry_r60 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:21 pm I saw some video recently of Ukraine citizens who had just received their AK's.

They were laying prone on the ground, pointing downrange, but not actually firing. A white haired grandmother and a teenage/young 20's woman were 2 of the new shooters. Bless their warrior spirit hearts.

Russia will prevail in conquering Ukraine, but Russian troops will probably be sniped in small numbers continuously, IMHO.

SIA
Just my guess but I suspect Putin would rather gain control without flattening infrastructure and killing masses of people. I'm guessing the plan is to neutralize the military command, gain control of the government and see if the vast majority of people will accept this fate and go back to work, leaving Ukraine in his control. He can probably tolerate small pockets of resistance. If there is widespread mass resistance, it could get ugly. I'm guessing he is hoping people will just accept the Russian control and ready if they don't.

No question there is a population, primarily in the eastern provinces (self proclaimed rebel provinces and russian backed rebel groups) that still align with Russian and feel Russian. Many of those are likely supporters and at least comfortable with the move and probably in many cases, happy as we have read from personal accounts on this thread.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

flowrie wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:02 pmWRONG!!!
Any Ukraine people in Russia killing people? No
Any Russians in Ukraine killing people? Yes
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are next, look at a map!
Putin doesn't care who he kills. He will even kill his own to get what he wants.
I happen to support the Ukrainians in this war, both because Russia invaded them as opposed to vice versa and because my heritage includes Ukrainians from around Kiev on my maternal grandmothers side.

But fairness makes me point out that the question is not if any Ukrainians were in Russia killing Russians, but if Ukrainians were killing Russians in Ukraine. The ethnic Russians in some of the provinces of Ukraine were being killed and were trying to separate from Ukraine and go back to being part of Russia.

Fairness also makes me point out that this was also the excuse the Russians used in 2014 to invade Ukraine and take back the Crimean area. Seems to be a pattern starting here. And for anyone who wants to answer claims that it is all Trump's fault, I would point out that in both cases with Russia, there were democratic presidents in office. And when Germany used the same excuse to invade Czechoslovakia, it was also with a Democratic president in office.
Steve Rothstein

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

srothstein wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:50 am
flowrie wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:02 pmWRONG!!!
Any Ukraine people in Russia killing people? No
Any Russians in Ukraine killing people? Yes
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are next, look at a map!
Putin doesn't care who he kills. He will even kill his own to get what he wants.
I happen to support the Ukrainians in this war, both because Russia invaded them as opposed to vice versa and because my heritage includes Ukrainians from around Kiev on my maternal grandmothers side.

But fairness makes me point out that the question is not if any Ukrainians were in Russia killing Russians, but if Ukrainians were killing Russians in Ukraine. The ethnic Russians in some of the provinces of Ukraine were being killed and were trying to separate from Ukraine and go back to being part of Russia.

Fairness also makes me point out that this was also the excuse the Russians used in 2014 to invade Ukraine and take back the Crimean area. Seems to be a pattern starting here. And for anyone who wants to answer claims that it is all Trump's fault, I would point out that in both cases with Russia, there were democratic presidents in office. And when Germany used the same excuse to invade Czechoslovakia, it was also with a Democratic president in office.
Seems reasonably accurate. However, the origins of this conflict at least go back to the days of Josef Stalin. He created an artificial famine in 1932-33, generally now known as the Holodomor. He had the Soviet Army steal the entire harvest of wheat to sell on the world market to get cash for industrial spending. At least 3.5 million Ukrainians were starved to death, and perhaps as many as 5 million. Several million more children died later due to birth defects from the mothers' malnutrition. The Ukrainian region was just beginning to recover when Hitler invaded during WWII, and many infamous Eastern Front battles took place there. After WWII, Stalin settled a LOT of ethnic Russians there to get the region going again. Thus the Ukrainians harbor a lot of generational ill-will toward Russians, even though Stalin was a Georgian by birth. So, here we are, many decades after his death, and yet his evil hand still causes more pain and misery. The sins of the father(s) are visited upon the son(s), to borrow the phrase.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ruark »

Fairness also makes me point out that this was also the excuse the Russians used in 2014 to invade Ukraine and take back the Crimean area.
Not quite an "excuse." The Naziist Ukrainian government was severely oppressing the ethnic Russian population of Crimea; they were putting them in jail just for getting caught speaking Russian, among other things. When they had the referendum, 84% of Crimea's eligible voters participated, and 95.5% of them voted to join Russia. They celebrated in the streets by the thousands afterwards:
crimeans.JPG
Meanwhile, the media continues to use the language of Russia "invading" and "seizing" Crimea, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth. Now we're seeing the same thing again in Ukraine, only the oppression of Donbass is much worse; over 14,000 people have been killed there in the past 8 years from snipers, land mines and almost daily shelling.
It's notable, by the way, that when Russian forces entered Ukraine a few days ago, one of the very first things they did was re-open the water supply to Crimea: Ukraine cut off their water several years ago, almost creating a human catastrophe.
You wonder if Biden would care enough to do the same for persecuted Americans somewhere. I doubt it.
-Ruark

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... e-too-late

Ukraine adopts its own second amendment, too little too late.

Xiden "no one needs an AK-47"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”