NRA convention in Houston this weekend says Lina Hildalgo, Harris County Judge

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

NRA convention in Houston this weekend says Lina Hildalgo, Harris County Judge

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... n-houston/

Thanks for the advance notice Lina, I had forgotten.

https://www.nraam.org/ This Friday Saturday and Sunday. Awesome.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA convention in Houston this weekend says Lina Hildalgo, Harris County Judge

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:57 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... n-houston/

Thanks for the advance notice Lina, I had forgotten.

https://www.nraam.org/ This Friday Saturday and Sunday. Awesome.
Here's a statistic for Lina. Stupid and false claims from politicians have increased in Harris county by 1000% since progressive Democrats were swept into most offices. Some one should tell her felons who by law can't possess a firearm and were released on low to no bond have murdered at least 170 people in Harris County. I wish journalists would challenge idiots like her, but they are either ignorant themselves or in the same camp.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

AF-Odin

Re: NRA convention in Houston this weekend says Lina Hildalgo, Harris County Judge

Post by AF-Odin »

It is Lina Hidalgo in Harris County. This is what she does, blame something or someone else for the failings of the democrats elected to run the county.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

What is a "Glock Switcher"? If I put a G17 slide on a G19, is the Harris county judge gonna come for me?

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

MaduroBU wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:21 pm What is a "Glock Switcher"? If I put a G17 slide on a G19, is the Harris county judge gonna come for me?
Probably a reference the the select fire switches that were being sold to convert glocks to support full auto fire. The ATF recently siezed a bunch from a manufacturer/distributor IIRC.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G.A. Heath wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:16 pm
MaduroBU wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:21 pm What is a "Glock Switcher"? If I put a G17 slide on a G19, is the Harris county judge gonna come for me?
Probably a reference the the select fire switches that were being sold to convert glocks to support full auto fire. The ATF recently siezed a bunch from a manufacturer/distributor IIRC.
John Correia has posted at least one ASP YouTube video showing LEOs in Houston attempting to serve a warrant on someone who turned out to have some kind of unregistered auto-sear in his firearm, resulting in the death of the officer who was at the front door when the bad guy appeared, gun blazing.

Also, thanks to Hidalgo's big mouth:

Outrage as NRA to gather in Houston just days after Texas school massacre

and…

NRA Meeting in Houston Likely to Be Met With Protests After School Shooting
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Chemist45 »

Tam linked an article that claimed there would be protests at the NRAAM.
So what?
There are always protests.
This is my fourth NRAAM. There have been protests at every one.
I ignore them and enjoy the Expo.
Just like I will do this year.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Update:
As I walked in just before 9 I went past about a dozen news crews.
I saw one protester - A confused young woman who was by herself, wearing a mask and carrying a sign that said "NRA merchants of death"

Poor thing. It must be sad to go through life so stupid and uninformed.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

What are the carry rules at the NRAAM?

There is also a concern about the car being vandalized.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

philip964 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:08 pm What are the carry rules at the NRAAM?

When they had it in Dallas you were good to go, except for the Trump speech. On the vandalization I don't know. I don't recall anything happening elsewhere, but I took Dart when I went because it was easier than driving downtown.
NRA Benefactor Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Jago668 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:47 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:08 pm What are the carry rules at the NRAAM?

When they had it in Dallas you were good to go, except for the Trump speech. On the vandalization I don't know. I don't recall anything happening elsewhere, but I took Dart when I went because it was easier than driving downtown.
As near as I can tell from the web site, these are the rules for Houston this year. The large hall where Trump will speak is under SS protection rules and they say no weapons, even selfie sticks. They will have metal detectors to help enforce that. The rest of the building is "Obey all state and federal laws".
Steve Rothstein

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

philip964 asked
Park in the structure across the street from the convention center. The one attached to the Hilton.
Use the skybridge on the second floor to go aver to the convention center.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Honestly, there is so much stuff going on around the convention center that I doubt anyone will know which cars belong to NRA members.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

So I’m here.

Disappointed I didn’t see any protestors.

Got to take a photo with John - Hickcock45 he has 6,8 million followers on YouTube.

Going to see Colion Noir next.

Guy driving got some deal for valet at Four Seasons and we were driven to the entrance. Pretty nice.

Favorite photo from the convention. Wish I had more money.
Attachments
B4210FBB-E4A3-496E-8659-1983B5E2DB0A.jpeg

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”