Missouri Attorney General Schmitt Sues Biden Administration Over Unconstitutional Attempt to Regulate Firearm Parts

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Missouri Attorney General Schmitt Sues Biden Administration Over Unconstitutional Attempt to Regulate Firearm Parts

Post by Paladin »

Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt today joined a 17-state coalition, submitting a complaint against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Acting Director of ATF. The coalition joined Morehouse Enterprises, Gun Owners of America, and Gun Owners Foundation in suing over the ATF’s unconstitutional rulemaking that would regulate firearm parts manufacturers.

“The Biden Administration and the ATF are attempting to regulate unfinished, non-functional firearms parts as if they were complete, assembled firearms. Further, the ATF is taking steps to create a national firearms registry with their proposed rulemaking – not on my watch,” said Attorney General Schmitt. “Missouri values the Second Amendment, and my Office has been steadfast in fighting for the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens in the Show-Me State.”

...oining Attorney General Schmitt are the attorneys general of Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, South Carolina, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Missouri Attorney General Schmitt Sues Biden Administration Over Unconstitutional Attempt to Regulate Firearm Parts

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:26 am Missouri Attorney General Schmitt Sues Biden Administration Over Unconstitutional Attempt to Regulate Firearm Parts
Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt today joined a 17-state coalition, submitting a complaint against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Acting Director of ATF. The coalition joined Morehouse Enterprises, Gun Owners of America, and Gun Owners Foundation in suing over the ATF’s unconstitutional rulemaking that would regulate firearm parts manufacturers.

“The Biden Administration and the ATF are attempting to regulate unfinished, non-functional firearms parts as if they were complete, assembled firearms. Further, the ATF is taking steps to create a national firearms registry with their proposed rulemaking – not on my watch,” said Attorney General Schmitt. “Missouri values the Second Amendment, and my Office has been steadfast in fighting for the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens in the Show-Me State.”

...oining Attorney General Schmitt are the attorneys general of Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, South Carolina, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
:thumbs2:

Go get 'em. The overreach attempts to circumvent due legislative process regarding the 2nd Amendment continue.

The full PDF of the compliant--all 168 pages of it--filed in the District of North Dakota has some very interesting material after you get to the "Background" section starting on page 17, including a summary of the statutory legal history: https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-source/ ... o-file.pdf.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”