Houston Mayor calls for sensible gun restrictions

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Houston Mayor calls for sensible gun restrictions

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... gislation/

Also HPD Chief Finner supports.

Among the usual things also:

End to 3D printed firearms as they have been involved in so many murders here in Houston.

HPD right now could provide gun safty courses in Houston and at Houston schools. Nothing is stopping them.

K.Mooneyham

Re: Houston Mayor calls for sensible gun restrictions

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I'll just say that those gun control ideas are nothing more than garbage, though other things come to mind on the subject.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

So Houston is succeeding from Texas? :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:28 pm HPD right now could provide gun safty courses in Houston and at Houston schools. Nothing is stopping them.
Indeed. If they truly believe gun owners need training, what are they doing to make sure that happens?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

What Houston and other big cities need are common-sense criminal control laws!! You know what I mean. Remove revolving doors on jails. Judges and prosecutors that actually uphold law & order regardless of the defendant's race. Building more prisons!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:28 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... gislation/

Also HPD Chief Finner supports.

Among the usual things also:

End to 3D printed firearms as they have been involved in so many murders here in Houston.

HPD right now could provide gun safty courses in Houston and at Houston schools. Nothing is stopping them.
I'd have to see evidence of that before I'd believe it. Why would a criminal go to expense and trouble to be able to manufacture a 3D weapon when one can be stolen or purchased in the criminal world so easily. Doesn't make sense nor have the slightest semblance of truth, but given it's Sylvester Turner, he and truth have seldom shared the same space.
Last edited by puma guy on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

OneGun wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:14 pm What Houston and other big cities need are common-sense criminal control laws!! You know what I mean. Remove revolving doors on jails. Judges and prosecutors that actually uphold law & order regardless of the defendant's race. Building more prisons!
Ended in reign of Soros DA's would be an excellent start: How George Soros funded progressive ‘legal arsonist’ DAs behind US crime surge

"The Blood Is On His Hands": Giuliani Slams Soros
"If there is one single person responsible for the record increases in murder and violence in America’s cities it’s George Soros," Giuliani said in a Monday tweet.

"Major contributor to BLM, Antifa, Democrat Party, Biden, Harris and 40 or so pro Criminal DAs. The blood is on his hands," he added.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Billionaire George Soros again has stepped into the Harris County district attorney's race with a half-million-dollar advertising buy on behalf of Democrat Kim Ogg.
Soros again pumps money into Harris County district attorney's race (2016)
Kim Ogg—Harris County (Houston), Texas. In 2016, Kim Ogg became the state’s first Soros-backed DA after Soros spent more than $600,000 on the race.
List of Prosecutors Backed by George Soros Causing Murder and Crime to Soar

Arresting Soros and seizing his assets would be a big start to controlling violent crime in our nation. The money should go to the victims of his policies.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

puma guy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:23 pm
I'd have to see evidence of that before I'd believe it. Why would a criminal go to expense and trouble to be able to manufacture a 3D weapon when one can be stolen or purchased in the criminal world so easily. Doesn't make sense nor have the slightest semblance of truth, but given it's Sylvester Turner, he and truth have seldom shared the same space.
It wouldn't surprise me if some enterprising criminal types actually acquired a 3D printer and stared producing and selling home made firearms. I mean, this is the land of capitalism after all…
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”