Almost 8 Out Of 10 Americans Say Things Are "Out Of Control"; New Poll Finds

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Almost 8 Out Of 10 Americans Say Things Are "Out Of Control"; New Poll Finds

Post by Paladin »

New poll data suggests that Anti-gunners in Biden's party are going to get slammed badly November 8: Almost 8 Out Of 10 Americans Say Things Are "Out Of Control"; New Poll Finds
𝟭𝟴-𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗧 Swing among Independents towards the GOP
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Almost 8 Out Of 10 Americans Say Things Are "Out Of Control"; New Poll Finds

Post by The Annoyed Man »

It’s wonderful vignettes like this that remind me of <sarcasm>that great political sage</sarcasm> James Carville who once said, "It's the economy, stupid." Today's crises are so glaringly obvious, that you have to be congenitally or deliberately obtuse, OR just plain evil not to see them as serious problems.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Almost 8 Out Of 10 Americans Say Things Are "Out Of Control"; New Poll Finds

Post by chasfm11 »

One of the things on which a Democratic process depends in on people voting their own best interests. We are at the point where many (too many?) people will commit suicide in order to advance a political narrative. Officially, they are zealots - those who energetically redouble their efforts when all perspective of the original objective is lost. I believe that they refuse to acknowledge that actions have consequences. Somehow, no matter what they do, there will be no negative results.

Chicago's "Safe-T Act" is a great example. When it goes into effect in January, there will be consequences. You cannot allow second-degree murderers back on the streets without bail and expect no consequences. Sane people will recognize that as being out of control. Sadly those who promoting and putting it into effect do not.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Chicago is doubling down on Stupid! Do normal people not live there? How do the wackos keep getting elected? Voter Fraud or are they really that ignorant?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Chicago is doubling down on Stupid! Do normal people not live there? How do the wackos keep getting elected? Voter Fraud or are the people really that ignorant?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Apparently 2 out of 10 people have been hiding in the basement were Joe was.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

puma guy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:36 pm Apparently 2 out of 10 people have been hiding in the basement were Joe was.
Nah, those two out of ten are "in on it". They LIKE the chaos and destruction, either out of sheer evil or somehow profiting monetarily.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:51 pm
puma guy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:36 pm Apparently 2 out of 10 people have been hiding in the basement were Joe was.
Nah, those two out of ten are "in on it". They LIKE the chaos and destruction, either out of sheer evil or somehow profiting monetarily.
:lol: you may be right
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:39 am Chicago is doubling down on Stupid! Do normal people not live there? How do the wackos keep getting elected? Voter Fraud or are they really that ignorant?
Those last two are not mutually exclusive. My personal belief is that it is massive voter fraud combine with people being convinced to be willfully ignorant (as in "you really don't want to ask any questions, now do you?").
Steve Rothstein

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Money and power. I predict that as we see rampant crime spread through more states, we'll see an increased push for a federal police force.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The poll is promising, and I hope it's correct. But, I remember the polls predicted Hillary would beat Trump. I was discussing with my wife last night how much politics in the USA has changed for the worse. Biden and the DNC have been saying that if the Republicans take control, it's the end of the world, the end of democracy, etc. There was a time in the past that I can remember when politics was not so vile. When the candidates did not fabricate such hateful rhetoric. I guess what I am saying, is that democracy was much more diplomatic and professional.

Every day, we're bombarded with sensationalized rhetoric, but I have yet to see what is the basis for all this talk. Republicans have been rallying against censorship, the cancel culture, criminal first policies, demonizing the police, letting Mexicans and central Americans annex our Southern border, etc. More importantly, the green energy culture is ramrodding our energy policies without anyone taking a reality check. Does the country have enough generation capacity for a massive switch to electric vehicles? How about the infrastructure to put recharging stations on every corner like there are gasoline and diesel stations? Let's not forget, if we abandon fossil fuels, what will the companies use instead of plastics for the vehicle interiors? Will my glasses actually be made of glass with metal rims? Will IV bottles in hospitals return to being made of glass?

All of these sound-bite policies have no realistic implementation plan behind them. Who thought releasing violent criminals instead of holding them was a good idea? Demonizing the police has created a very dangerous environment in our cities.

Ok, I know I'm typing a stream of consciousness, but I'm fearful for my grandkids. It's just not safe anymore. No one shows any decency towards other people.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

So much evil, all in one place:

Panic Button: New York Democrats Call in Kamala, Hillary for Last-Ditch Push for Kathy Hochul
Vice President Kamala Harris and failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will reportedly join New York Gov. Kathy Hochul and Attorney General Letitia James in Manhattan on Thursday in a last-ditch effort to save the governor from defeat in the midterms next week.
Late Monday night, a Trafalgar Group poll showed Zeldin slightly leading in the polls, 48.4 percent to 47.6 percent, after closing the gap over the last few weeks.

Additionally, on Sunday, the Times reported that the Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the Democrat governor’s campaign arm, had thrown money into the race after initially not planning on spending anything to prevent a major upset.
Praying that NY gets Hochul out
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

srothstein wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:41 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:39 am Chicago is doubling down on Stupid! Do normal people not live there? How do the wackos keep getting elected? Voter Fraud or are they really that ignorant?
Those last two are not mutually exclusive. My personal belief is that it is massive voter fraud combine with people being convinced to be willfully ignorant (as in "you really don't want to ask any questions, now do you?").
:iagree:

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

srothstein wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:41 pm
:iagree: But to the point of being convinced to be willfully ignorant, I think it goes beyond that. It is to be convinced to act against their own best interests. That happens at all levels. I believe that we have had Texas House members promised chairmanships, etc if they went along with the dictatorships that have been the Speakers only to find out that those promises were not fulfilled. Continuing to believe that they would be fulfilled at a future date when those involved knew, I'm certain, deep down in their hearts that they were being played is exactly the same thing that is happening to voters. It is like a big game of life lottery. You are told that your six numbers will come up so you play and play and play. The odds are just not in your favor. I'm often reminded of a paraphrase of that line from the "Hunger Games". One one was going to win. That one is not among the general populence.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Boxerrider wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:11 pm
Money and power. I predict that as we see rampant crime spread through more states, we'll see an increased push for a federal police force.
No thanks, we've already got enough law enforcement agencies in this state, we don't need any "Stasi".

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”