Obama supporter picture(s)...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Obama supporter picture(s)...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bradfromearth wrote:All those pictures are simply foolish. :oops:
There is a reason that you will only find them on the internet and NEVER on a legitimate reputable media outlet. (Liberal OR Conservative) It is because they are all photoshop fakes. :biggrinjester:
Send me a picture of yourself and I have a buddy who can turn it into a picture of you marching along side Hitler. "rlol"
BTW, regarding the hammer and sickle flags, I personally saw the original video that the photos were captured from - and I make part of my living with PhotoShop. The video was real - regardless of who filmed it. I am perfectly willing to consider the possibility that it was a setup by conservatives, and that it was an Obama supporter who pulled the flag down, understanding that if the video got out, it wouldn't look so good. But even if that was the case, the video was still real video. I did see it with my own eyes. And I saw it during a Fox News broadcast (several times), so I don't need your imprimatur on it for me to know what I - as a graphics professional myself - saw with my own eyes.

OTH, if you really need to see it for yourself on a respectable news website (or 50), CLICK HERE. :smilelol5:

Click the link on the Brietbart site. They are a respectable news aggregator. The video which they list is no longer available on youtube, but the opening image is clearly from the FoxNews broadcast on election night. And now, here is the video of the FoxNews broadcast itself (commie flag 41 seconds into video):
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PLy_zL__QLM[/youtube]

It would seem have been recorded by a Fox News crew.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bradfromearth

Post by bradfromearth »

:oops: Thanks for all the posts. I have to say I was VERY naive about all this and had not ever given it much notice or credit. I think the difficulty I had in paying any attention was that it was surrounded by all manner of silliness. I was really trying to pay attention to the specific policy proposals and the personal histories as opposed to the chafe from biased media.

Could they be republican plants? Well, why not? Does voter fraud happen, I bet it does. Could it be sarcasm (like my sigline), possibly.

I will say I was dead wrong on this.

I will also share how I voted. I voted like I would hire. Would I hire someone to run a company if the person had Religious/Political beliefs that I completely disagreed with? Yes I would because I am not asking the person to raise my kids, preach to me on Sundays, or write books for me to read on how to live a good life. You hire the right skill set and personality to get the job done. If they do not work out then you let them go and find someone better. Electing a President is the same. Our Constitution is set up to protect us from ourselves in this area. We do have term limits and we do have elections. One of the things that die hard conservatives don't think about when considering how they will vote is the clear agenda of the constitution to divide the Church and the State. Also in the domain of gun conversations it might be worth a mention that the separation of the church and the state was the FIRST amendment.

So my apologies for lashing out too quickly and thanks again for the informative links.

Brad

The Annoyed Man

bradfromearth wrote:One of the things that die hard conservatives don't think about when considering how they will vote is the clear agenda of the constitution to divide the Church and the State. Also in the domain of gun conversations it might be worth a mention that the separation of the church and the state was the FIRST amendment.

So my apologies for lashing out too quickly and thanks again for the informative links.

Brad
Brad, apology more than accepted. I admire intellectual honesty, even if I don't agree with all of your conclusions. That being said "separation of church and state" is not so clearly defined as some constitutional interpretations would imply. The phrase itself comes from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802 to answer a letter from them written in October 1801. Here is a very good explanation of the issue at the time:
Thomas Jefferson was a man of deep religious conviction - his conviction was that religion was a very personal matter, one which the government had no business getting involved in. He was vilified by his political opponents for his role in the passage of the 1786 Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom and for his criticism of such biblical truths as the Great Flood and the theological age of the Earth. As president, he discontinued the practice started by his predecessors George Washington and John Adams of proclaiming days of fasting and thanksgiving. He was a staunch believer in the separation of church and state.

Jefferson wrote a letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802 to answer a letter from them written in October 1801. A copy of the Danbury letter is available here. The Danbury Baptists were a religious minority in Connecticut, and they complained that in their state, the religious liberties they enjoyed were not seen as immutable rights, but as privileges granted by the legislature - as "favors granted." Jefferson's reply did not address their concerns about problems with state establishment of religion - only of establishment on the national level. The letter contains the phrase "wall of separation between church and state," which led to the short-hand for the Establishment Clause that we use today: "Separation of church and state."

The letter was the subject of intense scrutiny by Jefferson, and he consulted a couple of New England politicians to assure that his words would not offend while still conveying his message: it was not the place of the Congress or the Executive to do anything that might be misconstrued as the establishment of religion.

Note: The bracketed section in the second paragraph was been blocked off for deletion in the final draft of the letter sent to the Danbury Baptists, though it was not actually deleted in his draft of the letter. It is included here for completeness. Reflecting upon his knowledge that the letter was far from a mere personal correspondence, Jefferson deleted the block, he noted in the margin, to avoid offending members of his party in the eastern states.

This is a transcript of the letter as stored online at the Library of Congress, and reflects Jefferson's spelling and punctuation.
Mr. President

To messers Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem & approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful & zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, and in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more & more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. [Congress thus inhibited from acts respecting religion, and the Executive authorised only to execute their acts, I have refrained from presenting even occasional performances of devotion presented indeed legally where an Executive is the legal head of a national church, but subject here, as religious exercises only to the voluntary regulations and discipline of each respective sect.] Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves and your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

(signed) Thomas Jefferson
Jan.1.1802.
The exact wording of the 1st Amendment reads:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I think the biggest confusion that people have about it is that they forget that this references Congress. So, if a local town council wants to put up a nativity scene at Christmas, or menorahs during Chanukah, that is not the same thing as Congress mandating that Christianity or Judaism is the official national religion, and the U.S. Constitutional rights of local Bahai, or Muslims, or Zoroastrians are not being abridged by the town council, and the town council's right to do whatever it wants in that regard is protected by the 10th Amendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Now, if a member of some other faith wanted to pursue the matter based on whatever their state's constitution says, that might be a different matter - but from the standpoint of the 1st Amendment, it is a loser.

The second bit of confusion is the phrase following "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," which reads "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." So many of the law suits brought against religious people on 1st Amendment grounds are actually attempts to force government to "prohibit the free exercise" of that particular religious expression. In my opinion, it is exactly this kind of parsing in which an advocate for a cause will support part of an amendment (free speech, for instance) while working to suppress another part of the amendment (Congress shall make no law... ...prohibiting the free exercise [of religion]).

Consequently, the only way to take the Constitution is in its wholeness, exactly as it is written. No "penumbras." No "emanations." Just what it says. In for a penny, in for a pound; even if that means we have to surrender some previously cherished beliefs. And if we don't like what it says, then the founding fathers, in their wisdom, included within the document the mechanism by which it may be amended in the future.

At least that is how I see it, and in fact, that is the best argument we have for the protection of ALL of our RKBA under the 2nd Amendment when dealing with someone who is an "anti": "Don't like what the Constitution says? Then change it. If you can't get the votes to change it, then grow up and live with it."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

mr.72
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr.72 »

Anygun, that was a brilliant post.
non-conformist CHL holder

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thank you, sir.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

bradfromearth

Post by bradfromearth »

OTH, if you really need to see it for yourself on a respectable news website (or 50), CLICK HERE.
I still say that yes, I was mostly wrong about the pictures and videos of communist type stuff. BUT - I did just run your google search for the first time and while it did pull up 50,000 + hits NONE of the top hits were from big name media Neutral, Conservative or Liberal. Yes, it does appear that Fox ran something on it but I have to say after your search all it does is make one question the legitimacy of Fox as balanced news source. It is not like CNN, FOX, MSNBC and others showed up anywhere in the search. I ran the same search on google news search and it came back with 3 unrelated hits.

That is a cool website btw, I get tired of the old "Could you look up (fillintheblank) on the internet for me" from the wife.

brad

The Annoyed Man

bradfromearth wrote:Yes, it does appear that Fox ran something on it but I have to say after your search all it does is make one question the legitimacy of Fox as balanced news source. It is not like CNN, FOX, MSNBC and others showed up anywhere in the search.
Or... maybe the others didn't run the video because they were/are in the tank for Obama - I think that is pretty much undeniable. But, I don't know why that video wasn't on the Fox site. I really did try to find it, and I did see it when it originally aired during the election night coverage.

#TINVOWOOT

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

While I do think the media was "in the tank" for Obama, I don't think it's for the reasons you think.

All you need to do is remember how Bush could do no wrong in 2000 and 2004; and the media was all over Gore and Kerry.

The media bias is one of "What stories can make us the most money?"

They sniffed the wind, and figured Obama was a done deal, and figured there would be far less money in going after him than McCain.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

nitrogen wrote:While I do think the media was "in the tank" for Obama, I don't think it's for the reasons you think.

All you need to do is remember how Bush could do no wrong in 2000 and 2004; and the media was all over Gore and Kerry.
I don't think you were reading the same news sources I was reading. The media wasn't as in love with Kerry as the lord BO the most merciful, but they most certainly did not give Bush a free ride.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”