Open Carry

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
pistoleer44
Posts in topic: 3

Open Carry

Post by pistoleer44 »

The push for open carry is on. Will it pass? :hurry:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Open Carry

Post by The Annoyed Man »

If you use the site's search function, you'll find that there are already 66 threads discussing this.

Search Parameters: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... mit=Search
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
pistoleer44

Post by pistoleer44 »

Great. Good, now there is 67..... :thewave

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

There hasn't been a new one one open in a few days. and there are a more Obama threads which is probably less on topic than open carry.

Can there ever be enough open carry threads? Besides this one is slightly different from all the rest. Its a question about its chances and not a query on whether it is a good idea.

The answer in my not so Humble opinion is That we are more likely to have 6 inches of snow Christmas day on South Padre than to get this thing through. It is a poorly written bill bill with no sponser. Not on senator or rep is willing to put his name on this thing. The TSRA and NRA want nothing to do with this thing, Lets face it if it ain't theirs they aren't sticking their necks out for it. Shucks half the people here aren't for it.

So I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how realistically this thing can get through.. We probably ought to concentrate on a few of the other bills anyway, like parking lots, school carry, and decriminalizing 30.06 or restricting CHLers more than off duty cops on where we go.

As I said its Just my oh so humble opinion.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
pistoleer44

Post by pistoleer44 »

+1 with Liberty. Kinda feel the same way. Anyone else want to weigh in?

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Let's get a parking lot bill passed, along with some streamlining of the CHL process passed. Maybe even some penalties for DPS to goose them to get CHL's finshed on time, maybe?

That's more important to me. Sure, I'd like open carry; but I bet many people would settle for the redution of a penalty for "intentionally" failing to conceal unless it was in a threatening manner, i.e. pointing the weapon or the weapon was produced as part of an argument, etc.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

nitrogen wrote:Let's get a parking lot bill passed, along with some streamlining of the CHL process passed. Maybe even some penalties for DPS to goose them to get CHL's finshed on time, maybe?

That's more important to me. Sure, I'd like open carry; but I bet many people would settle for the redution of a penalty for "intentionally" failing to conceal unless it was in a threatening manner, i.e. pointing the weapon or the weapon was produced as part of an argument, etc.
Don't forget about carry everywhere LEO can carry. I want that more than OC, and you know how much I want OC.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... &sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”