Another obvious reason California sucks!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
sneedb82
Posts in topic: 1

Another obvious reason California sucks!

Post by sneedb82 »

Motorist Holding 16 Guns Arrested Outside L.A. Airport
Friday, January 09, 2009

LOS ANGELES — A motorist with 16 guns and at least 700 rounds of ammunition in his pickup truck was arrested Friday at a vehicle checkpoint as he entered Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.
The weapons and ammunition were in a container in the back of the man's truck, which was stopped by airport police officers at a major entrance to the passenger terminals area, said airport spokeswoman Nancy Castles.
The 47-year-old man's identity was not immediately released.
Only one of the weapons, a revolver, was loaded, airport police Sgt. Jim Holcomb said.
The man was arrested for investigation of felony transporation of an assault rifle, he said.
Police initially reported that 37 weapons were found in the truck. Castles said that count was an estimate based on the number of containers in the truck, which did not all contain weapons.
Holcomb said there was no indication the man was out to do any harm at the airport and was apparently there to pick up someone.
"He just made a very bad decision and should not have been carrying those weapons," Holcomb said.
Airport police routinely set up vehicle checkpoints at roads leading into the airport's central ring roads, but Castles said it is rare to find so many weapons at once.
The FBI, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and Los Angeles Police Department are investigating whether the weapons were properly registered.

If this happened in Texas, the cop would have probably asked him how well his "assault rifle" shoots... or maybe, why carry a revolver, instead of a semi-automatic pistol like a Sig 229, or a Springfield Armory XD-9sc? Ya know, just simple questions, really.

Oldgringo

Re: Another obvious reason California sucks!

Post by Oldgringo »

Sounds like the arrestee might be a little long on guns but short on smarts? :totap:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

Roadblocks and being arrested for having a gun. It sounds more like Mexico than America. Obviously not part of the land of the free anymolre.
Papers please ?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

bridge

Post by bridge »

Am I missing something? Was there a law broken here? He didn't try to get past the metal detectors and into the terminal, he was in his car...outside the airport. Whats the big deal?

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

bridge wrote:Am I missing something? Was there a law broken here? He didn't try to get past the metal detectors and into the terminal, he was in his car...outside the airport. Whats the big deal?
The man was arrested for investigation of felony transporation of an assault rifle... Welcome to Kalifornia. I thought if it was in the back of the truck and not loaded it was legal to transport? Possibly fully auto with no license? :confused5
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Fangs wrote:
bridge wrote:Am I missing something? Was there a law broken here? He didn't try to get past the metal detectors and into the terminal, he was in his car...outside the airport. Whats the big deal?
The man was arrested for investigation of felony transporation of an assault rifle... Welcome to Kalifornia. I thought if it was in the back of the truck and not loaded it was legal to transport? Possibly fully auto with no license? :confused5
I believe that AR15s and other evil black guns are illegal in California as well as most any gun that has larger than 10 round mags. Although some are grandfathered. It doesn't need to be fully automatic to be illegal.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

kalipsocs

Post by kalipsocs »

Unreasonable search and seizure? Anyone..... anyone?

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

He's lucky he didn't have any religious books in his truck, especially the AV-1611 assault bible!
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

kalipsocs wrote:Unreasonable search and seizure? Anyone..... anyone?
Doesn't Kalifornia get a special exemption from the constitution? If I remember correctly their District Court Judges (District 9?) get to see things a bit differently than the rest of the country.
Liberty''s Blog

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Sounds like a good case to challenge Kalifornia laws in the Supreme Court...
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

kalifornia is a joke as are most Kalifornians. They truly believe they are somehow more "enlightened" than the rest of us. I made the mistake of hiring a guy from Kalifornia. He wrecked one of my trucks. Set another one on fire with a cigarette. Took a registration sticker off one of my vans and put it on his own car and when I fired this sorry excuse for a human, actually told me I couldn't fire him without three warnings for the same offense(apparently this is some kind of law in Kalifornia). I told him to get out of my place of business before I beat him like a red headed step child. he shut up and left at that point. Those people are just screwed up beyond hope. Nothing they do makes any sense what so ever.
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

03Lightningrocks wrote: actually told me I couldn't fire him without three warnings for the same offense(apparently this is some kind of law in Kalifornia).
It's not. It's at-will, just like Texas is, FYI.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

nitrogen wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote: actually told me I couldn't fire him without three warnings for the same offense(apparently this is some kind of law in Kalifornia).
It's not. It's at-will, just like Texas is, FYI.
I don't think you are correct. It isn't "JUST LIKE TEXAS". They may have "at will" laws, but they aren't the same as Texas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”