Lets Have Wyatt Earp over Dr. Phil

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
txswabby
Posts in topic: 1

Lets Have Wyatt Earp over Dr. Phil

Post by txswabby »

The following letter to the editor appeared in the Allentown, Pa "The Morning Call' today.

Let's have Wyatt Earp over Dr. Phil

The Morning Call Allentown PA

January 24, 2009

I wish not to appear too un-PC or retro, but back in the day we had armed gentleman called guards at bank entrances to deter sub-human, drug-addled Willie Suttons from supplementing their incomes with firearms. I realize that trained security officers with yukky guns are loathsome to the evolved progressives in power. But we need Wyatt Earp or a Baghdad Surge, not a Dr. Phil group hug. Sociological speculation be damned! I don't care about the perp's deep inner motives when my wife is waiting in line to make a transaction and a poor innocent victim of the economy pulls a gun.

In the compassionate utopian spirit of Quaker sensitivity, perhaps we should post anger management therapists in bank lobbies to administer Paxil and coax these mutant vermin down from their ledge. Ya think? On second thought, good old Doc Glock is much more effective.

Joe Schomer

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”