NRA-ILA: Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
O6nop
Posts in topic: 2

NRA-ILA: Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation

Post by O6nop »

In an email I received from the NRA-ILA, one of the subjects is how, in an interview, O'Reilly considers it an extreme position to be against gun confiscation during emergency situations, such as Katrina. There's also a link to the interview via youtube and the subject is regarding "Oathers". Now, this is a new group to me. I am not sure what that entails.

Bill O'Reilly is a difficult person to understand. Maybe he's all about ratings, maybe he's trying too hard to be "fair and balanced"...
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Re: NRA-ILA: Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation

Post by Oldgringo »

Bill O'Reilly is all about Bill O'Reilly.

Bennies
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bennies »

Oldgringo wrote:Bill O'Reilly is all about Bill O'Reilly.
BINGO!!!!! :iagree:
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member
Glock 23 w/Crossbreed Supertuck

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've heard a few anti-gun comments by O'Reilly.

Chas.

A-R
Posts in topic: 5

Post by A-R »

Not to be too xenophobic ( :txflag: ), but I don't trust anyone who grew up in the greater New York City area on RKBA issues. Republican, conservative, independent, Democrat, or liberal - doesn't matter. Folks who grew up around that city have a different understanding of guns based on a different culture, different morals, and different lessons learned by growing up where guns in the hands of anyone other than the NYPD are a "bad thing" to most people. Not saying everyone from NYC is bad; far from it. But on the RKBA issue, even the most staunchly conservative voices tend to have a bit of disdain for guns, even if many of them do illegally keep "unregistered" guns hidden away in their 7th floor walk-up apartment.

AEA
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AEA »

That's why we have to be really careful in the Texas elections (State and local governments) and make sure we elect someone FROM TEXAS! NO CARPETBAGGERS!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

HankB

Post by HankB »

O6nop wrote: . . . There's also a link to the interview via youtube and the subject is regarding "Oathers". Now, this is a new group to me. I am not sure what that entails.
I saw the interview . . . a guy from the Southern Poverty Law Center (a left-wing extremist group that sees conservatives of all types as bad guys) lambasted "Oathkeepers" . . . persons in the military and police who promise that they will uphold their oath to protect and defend the Constitution no matter what politicians or others in their chain of command say.

The guy was unable to cite ONE instance of wrongdoing, but he's worried since merely promising to keep the oath they made is indicative of some sort of deep-seated paranoia.

Almost felt sorry for the guy, seeing boogeymen everywhere . . .

Almost.
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

AEA wrote:That's why we have to be really careful in the Texas elections (State and local governments) and make sure we elect someone FROM TEXAS! NO CARPETBAGGERS!
Because obviously, someone who is born and raised in Texas would have to agree with us more than those who moved here later.

Ill never understand that kind of logic, and Texas is the only place I have ever heard it.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've heard a few anti-gun comments by O'Reilly.

Chas.

I have also.

I am not ready to say the man himself is anti-gun, but my impression is that he is no friend of gun owners, hunters or sportsmen. As much as he professes to be "fair and balanced", it depends largely upon his "mood du jour".
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

AEA

Post by AEA »

tallmike wrote: Because obviously, someone who is born and raised in Texas would have to agree with us more than those who moved here later.

Ill never understand that kind of logic, and Texas is the only place I have ever heard it.
Noun: Carpetbagger: An outsider who seeks power or success presumptuously
"after the Civil War the carpetbaggers from the north tried to take over the south"

Type of: Opportunist, Self-seeker

So, you are saying you have never heard of Northerners seeking power in the South?
The logic is clear to those of us who were born and raised here.
1911's RULE!

chartreuse

Post by chartreuse »

AEA wrote:
tallmike wrote: Because obviously, someone who is born and raised in Texas would have to agree with us more than those who moved here later.

Noun: Carpetbagger: An outsider who seeks power or success presumptuously
"after the Civil War the carpetbaggers from the north tried to take over the south"

Type of: Opportunist, Self-seeker

So, you are saying you have never heard of Northerners seeking power in the South?
The logic is clear to those of us who were born and raised here.
I think most of us know who the carpetbaggers were. But it's kind of insulting to those of us who moved here, precisely because we hold certain views and beliefs, to be lumped in with them.

A-R

Post by A-R »

tallmike wrote:
AEA wrote:That's why we have to be really careful in the Texas elections (State and local governments) and make sure we elect someone FROM TEXAS! NO CARPETBAGGERS!
Because obviously, someone who is born and raised in Texas would have to agree with us more than those who moved here later.

you ain't from 'round these parts is ya?

:txflag:
:biggrinjester:

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

He obviously hasn't seen the bumper sticker, "Welcome to Texas.........now go home!"

There's plenty of room in Texas as long as you don't bring your way of thinking and try to change things here.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

AEA

Post by AEA »

Maybe my post was taken the wrong way. I will clarify......

I don't mind anyone who wants a better life for themselves coming to Texas to live.

What I do mind is "Carpetbaggers"..........Politicians (or wannabe's) from up North coming down here and trying to get into office so they can attempt to change our way of life.

That was my point.
1911's RULE!

marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

AEA wrote:Maybe my post was taken the wrong way. I will clarify......

I don't mind anyone who wants a better life for themselves coming to Texas to live.

What I do mind is "Carpetbaggers"..........Politicians (or wannabe's) from up North coming down here and trying to get into office so they can attempt to change our way of life.

That was my point.
Dont try and Change Texas, let Texas change you.
Thats kinda the problem with Austin, these California Hippies came here because of the low taxes ect and then whine that we dont have/do/inforce x,y, or z

Thats one of the reasons we HAVE States, because hopefully if you dont like they way things are being done in Your state you can move to a state that does it your way.

:txflag:
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”