NRA-ILA: Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: NRA-ILA: Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation

Post by marksiwel »

cougartex wrote:
marksiwel wrote:Bill O'Reilly is basically just going to say whatever he can to get ratings. He is like Ann Coulter he just spouts stuff off to get people riled up, god help us if they believe the stuff they spew.
:iagree: :txflag:
I had a paragraph or 3 about Kieth Olbermann but I would have gotten in trouble for my language.
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

chabouk
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chabouk »

marksiwel wrote:I had a paragraph or 3 about Kieth Olbermann but I would have gotten in trouble for my language.
The Dallas Tea Party smacked him down pretty well (and politely):

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube][/youtube]

davidtx
Posts in topic: 2

Post by davidtx »

Thats great!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

austinrealtor wrote:Not to be too xenophobic ( :txflag: ), but I don't trust anyone who grew up in the greater New York City area on RKBA issues. Republican, conservative, independent, Democrat, or liberal - doesn't matter. Folks who grew up around that city have a different understanding of guns based on a different culture, different morals, and different lessons learned by growing up where guns in the hands of anyone other than the NYPD are a "bad thing" to most people. Not saying everyone from NYC is bad; far from it. But on the RKBA issue, even the most staunchly conservative voices tend to have a bit of disdain for guns, even if many of them do illegally keep "unregistered" guns hidden away in their 7th floor walk-up apartment.
You obviously haven't met my wife.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Liberty wrote:
austinrealtor wrote:Not to be too xenophobic ( :txflag: ), but I don't trust anyone who grew up in the greater New York City area on RKBA issues. Republican, conservative, independent, Democrat, or liberal - doesn't matter. Folks who grew up around that city have a different understanding of guns based on a different culture, different morals, and different lessons learned by growing up where guns in the hands of anyone other than the NYPD are a "bad thing" to most people. Not saying everyone from NYC is bad; far from it. But on the RKBA issue, even the most staunchly conservative voices tend to have a bit of disdain for guns, even if many of them do illegally keep "unregistered" guns hidden away in their 7th floor walk-up apartment.
You obviously haven't met my wife.
Bill is definitely wrong on this issue. Don't know why he has that stance, but IMHO it's not for ratings. That would seem counter to his viewer base to me. As a transplanted New Yorker; albeit at age 5 mos. I had the good fortune to have a yankee father who graduated form A&M, married a Texas girl and set up residency here. Although he was a New York City boy he bred and raised beagles, hunted them and then pursued his love of dogs by becoming an A&M Veterinarian grad before WWII entered the picture. Understand he was born and raised in NYC, son of an NYPD. Ended up here as all wise men do and brought me. At age 92+ he's the oldest practicing veterinarian in Texas, maybe the US.

If it's any comfort I was born in Southern Long Island.

Of the 185 known Alamo Defenders several were from NY including a doctor who spent his own money to support the troops. DYK-There were more foriegn born defenders than Native Texians at the Alamo.

Like America Texas is a melting pot. There are many good folks in New York and all the other states as well that will "cling to their, faith, and Bible and guns". I don't take offense when I hear people speak ill of non-native Texans. It's not as though they had any say in the matter of where THEY were born. I think the Spirit Of Texas Independence is what brings us together and sets us apart from other Americans. I may be a little xenophobic myself in that regard if you'll grant me the privilege.

Joe817 - thank you for your posts and your wisdom.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

I am a "Native" Texan and so is my wife of 37 years. To me, being a Texan is more than the state you were born in... it is a state of mind. :txflag:
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”