New Chicago Gun Laws

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxD
Posts in topic: 1

New Chicago Gun Laws

Post by TxD »

Tiresome..........

"Under Daley's ordinances, handgun owners would need to register all their guns with the city so police know how many weapons are in each home, and would also be required to have a valid Firearm Owner's ID card."

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clo ... -plan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Black Rifles Matter

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 4

Re: New Chicago Gun Laws

Post by sjfcontrol »

Wow -- I'm *STILL* glad I don't live in Chicago.

I laughed at this part...
*The ordinance prohibits sawed-off shotguns, assault weapons and “unsafe” handguns.
I thought ALL handguns were unsafe -- isn't that what they've been telling us?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Purplehood »

I have a vivid picture of Mayor Daley in my mind as a cat sliding down a wall, leaving claw-marks the whole way down. A truly Looney-Tunes moment.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

sjfcontrol wrote:Wow -- I'm *STILL* glad I don't live in Chicago.

I laughed at this part...
*The ordinance prohibits sawed-off shotguns, assault weapons and “unsafe” handguns.
I thought ALL handguns were unsafe -- isn't that what they've been telling us?
oh by the way, i have all three and yes all of them are unsafe. i just love Texas!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

A-R
Posts in topic: 5

Post by A-R »

This junk is so ripe for further court challenges:
*Would-be gun owners must take a training course with a minimum of one hour on the range and four hours in the classroom before obtaining a permit to a keep a weapon in the home.
OK, but how do you qualify at the range if you can't legally possess a gun outside the home?
*The ordinance bars anyone from possessing a handgun outside a home, which excludes garages, outdoor areas, hotel rooms and group-living quarters
And how do you transport a new gun from the gun shop to the home? Well, I guess this sorta solves that dilemma ...
The measure, dubbed the "responsible gun ownership" ordinance, also bans gun shops in Chicago.
Of course, once you do jump all these hurdles, you still can only have one operable gun per household:
*Only one firearm can be kept in immediately operable condition in each home. Other guns must be broken down or have trigger locks in place.
So who gets to use the gun, the husband or wife? I guess the city prefers women take on the traditional role of helpless victim? What happens when the abusive husband kills the wife with the only accessible gun? Will the N.O.W. speak out against this outrage? I doubt it.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Purplehood »

austinrealtor wrote:This junk is so ripe for further court challenges:
*Would-be gun owners must take a training course with a minimum of one hour on the range and four hours in the classroom before obtaining a permit to a keep a weapon in the home.
OK, but how do you qualify at the range if you can't legally possess a gun outside the home?
*The ordinance bars anyone from possessing a handgun outside a home, which excludes garages, outdoor areas, hotel rooms and group-living quarters
And how do you transport a new gun from the gun shop to the home? Well, I guess this sorta solves that dilemma ...
The measure, dubbed the "responsible gun ownership" ordinance, also bans gun shops in Chicago.
Of course, once you do jump all these hurdles, you still can only have one operable gun per household:
*Only one firearm can be kept in immediately operable condition in each home. Other guns must be broken down or have trigger locks in place.
So who gets to use the gun, the husband or wife? I guess the city prefers women take on the traditional role of helpless victim? What happens when the abusive husband kills the wife with the only accessible gun? Will the N.O.W. speak out against this outrage? I doubt it.
I love the ingenuity of a determined individual. Unfortunately I don't love what they are "shooting" for.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

I think it definitely qualifies as 'onerous'! Parts of it won't stand up, but of course that means another court case(s).
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oldgringo »

Have y'all ever thought that the clowns who keep electing these other clowns want and have earned what they're getting? These people who come up with this {stuff} don't elect themselves...you know.

A-R
Posts in topic: 5

Post by A-R »

Oldgringo wrote:Have y'all ever thought that the clowns who keep electing these other clowns want and have earned what they're getting? These people who come up with this {stuff} don't elect themselves...you know.
True, but neither are they elected by 100% majorities of the population. So there are plenty of folks in Chicago (I've known one in particular) who are very much on OUR SIDE. But can't leave the city (job, family, whatever) and have no hope of ever getting enough support among the morons to vote for a worthwhile leader.

It is for those folks that I'm glad the NRA, SAF and others continue to fight these measures in court.

Plus, this is still America and last I looked Chicago, New York, Kalifornia are still - at least in theory - parts of America. So these clowns either need to abide by the American Constitution or get the heck out. If they want to live under draconian gun laws - move to Europe.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Oldgringo wrote:Have y'all ever thought that the clowns who keep electing these other clowns want and have earned what they're getting? These people who come up with this {stuff} don't elect themselves...you know.

Yeah? Does that apply to national politics, too? :evil2:
Never Forget. Image

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

sjfcontrol wrote:

Yeah? Does that apply to national politics, too? :evil2:
Absolutely! It's the American way...for better or for worse.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

For worse -- without a doubt!

I am NOT one of the "clowns" that elected in the current crop of idiots. So why must I be punished by them?
Never Forget. Image

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

sjfcontrol wrote:For worse -- without a doubt!

I am NOT one of the "clowns" that elected in the current crop of idiots. So why must I be punished by them?
One more time - It's the American Way and it's called "majority rule".

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Oldgringo wrote:

One more time - It's the American Way and it's called "majority rule".
Well, I'm glad SOMEBODY'S ok with it... :banghead: Personally, I'm waiting (impatiently) for the worm to turn!
Never Forget. Image

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Because America is a democra......representative republic, and the representatives are being elected by idiots. :banghead:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”