Airport Security - A perfect solution

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Airport Security - A perfect solution

Post by chasfm11 »

After seeing this

http://personalmoneystore.com/moneyblog ... -year-old/

and this

http://bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com/201 ... olies.html

and this
http://www.prisonplanet.com/worlds-pilo ... reach.html

and finally this
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/ ... tsa-not-to

I've come up with a great solution

Secretary Napolitano should show true leadership and demonstrate, in front of news cameras, how safe and effective her full body scanning and pat down processes are by submitting to both daily for two weeks.

I'd be willing to bet 1,000 rounds of .45ACP that there would be new procedures forthcoming after Ms. Napolitano's experience. Come to think of it, running about a 1/3 of Congress through the same routine (scanners and pat downs) for a week would probably bring a lot clearer thinking to that body, too.I'm really tired of being told how good this stuff is for me...and having the ones doing the telling never having to participate.

Edit to fix grammar problem.
Last edited by chasfm11 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Airport Security - A perfect solution

Post by baldeagle »

When people refuse to fly because of the "security" procedures, they will change. Or, when enough people complain to their congress critters, things will change.

I chose option one a while ago. I will never fly again. (Yes, I know some folks have no option.)
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 2

Post by i8godzilla »

baldeagle wrote:When people refuse to fly because of the "security" procedures, they will change. Or, when enough people complain to their congress critters, things will change.

I chose option one a while ago. I will never fly again. (Yes, I know some folks have no option.)

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article ... &catid=391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"If you touch my junk, I'm going to have you arrested," said Tyner in a conversation he recorded while going through a San Diego airport checkpoint......

...The airline refunded his ticket and he left the airport. He now faces up to a $10,000 fine for his actions....
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pbwalker »

plain and simple, we need to adopt Israel's screening process. Problem solved...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

hangfour

Post by hangfour »

When people refuse to fly because of the "security" procedures, they will change. Or, when enough people complain to their congress critters, things will change.
:iagree: ,,, except for the reasoning. When enough people stop flying due to these stupid 'security' procedures, the airlines will feel the financial squeeze and get congress to change things in a big hurry. Only big business (these days) can effect congress.
There is an afterlife - what we do here matters!
Kahr pm9 (mama-bear)
Kimber pro CDP II (papa-bear)
S&W 38 special airweight (baby-bear)

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

What is next screening full body scan for you puppy? Inspecting your six? :bigmouth
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Actually, beiruty, it's already begun. If you refuse the x-ray nude scanner, then they'll do an "invasive" pat down where they'll stick their hands INSIDE your underwear and dig around. Kids are NOT exempt from this. I can expect lots of child molesters applying for this job. The X-ray scanners have lower radiation than hospital x-ray scanners, but they are MORE carcinogenic (cancer causing). This is because the x-ray nude scanners concentrate radiation on your skin to give the nude image. The radiation per square inch of skin is several times that of the radiation per square inch when you get a hospital x-ray because the hospital x-ray machines don't concentrate the x-rays on a specific spot while the airport x-ray nude scanners does concentrate the radiation on your skin. PLEASE write your congressman/senators. This has GOT to stop!

Until the unpatriotic patriot act gets repealed, I'm applying for my private pilot's license. In the DFW market, the going rate for rental of a Cessna 172 "Skyhawk" is $150 per hour, including fuel charges. For international flights, you can fly to the Caribbean and then make connecting flights to Europe and elsewhere. Even though commercial airlines fly much faster, for short flights, you'll get there faster by private plane because you can drive right up to the plane, board, give the valet your keys and go with zero Nazi security checks. For long flights to the east or west coast, they'll take twice as long by private plane. It is not expensive to fly private planes. For example, let's say you want to fly to Austin. That's a $200 flight by commercial airlines. By rented Cessna, it is $150 per hour, so the total price is $600. You can seat 4 little people or 3 normal sized people in a Cessna 172. So, if you're flying 3 adults, that's only $200 per person, which is identical to flying commercial airlines in price. If you're all skinny (less than 140 lbs), then you may fly 4 adults, so it's even cheaper as $600 divided 4 ways is $150 per person for a round trip flight to Austin from Dallas.

Bottom line: get a private pilot's license. '

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

One day, I hope to get my PP Lic. I am sure I will be put under the microscope and questioned a lot, as I am foreign born. That is fine with me. My cousin a leading physician has already got his. So why not myself? Of course, he makes like 10X income that what I do.

Coincidently, I was researching personal helicopter as means of transportation (Cost, running cost, etc.).

BTW, Does full body scanner work? Can they see stuff in body cavities? Very scary!
Beiruty,

chartreuse
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chartreuse »

I've already figured out my response to this latest bit if nonsense. It goes like this:

1: No way am I going to go through a backscatter device - I get exposed to enough high energy emag already.
2: I will therefore have to submit to a groping, in order to board my plane.
3: I will take the groping in public, not in a "private area".
4: As the screener's hand approaches my upper thigh I shall announce, loudly and clearly, "Man, this would be a terrible time to find out that I'm gay!"

I leave analysis of the rationale behind this approach to the reader...

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

Beiruty wrote:One day, I hope to get my PP Lic. I am sure I will be put under the microscope and questioned a lot, as I am foreign born. That is fine with me. My cousin a leading physician has already got his. So why not myself? Of course, he makes like 10X income that what I do.

Coincidently, I was researching personal helicopter as means of transportation (Cost, running cost, etc.).

BTW, Does full body scanner work? Can they see stuff in body cavities? Very scary!
No microscope. Just some TSA paperwork, and documentation. Pretty simple. As for the personal helicopter, and the training required for a private license, you better be making what your cousin does :shock:

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

G26ster wrote:
Beiruty wrote:One day, I hope to get my PP Lic. I am sure I will be put under the microscope and questioned a lot, as I am foreign born. That is fine with me. My cousin a leading physician has already got his. So why not myself? Of course, he makes like 10X income that what I do.

No microscope. Just some TSA paperwork, and documentation. Pretty simple. As for the personal helicopter, and the training required for a private license, you better be making what your cousin does :shock:
:iagree:

If you're itching to get some air under you, check out the Sport Pilot license...Less $$ to get in the air!
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I was interested in researching this aircraft:

http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbbs2/specs.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cost is like purchasing a luxury car. 1 seat and 60 miles range, it is just a start.
Beiruty,

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That's part of the problem... The scanner CAN'T see inside body cavities, and neither can the newer more intrusive "pat down." So there really isn't any security benefit for either method. A terrorist could easily carry enough C4 in his rectum to bring down an airliner. That is how the suicide bomber who made the attempt on a Saudi prince a few months ago did it, and the only reason the prince wasn't killed was that the bomb detonated before the terrorist could get close enough to his target. A back scatter scanner is useless against such an attack.

TSA has gone too far, but the goons who are perpetrating these injustices are doing it — and getting away with it — for one reason, and one reason only, and that is because of that toad at the top, Janet Napolitano. She's got to go.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

deleted
Last edited by cbr600 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasGal »

I find it outrageous you can't decide to leave the airport after the pat down begins without them charging you with a crime! :mad5
These Gestapo tactics must STOP! When they passed the "Patriot Act", I knew trouble was coming. It would be used to take away the constitutional freedoms that have protected us from things like this.

The men and women who have fought and died for our freedoms must be turning in their graves. Since 9/11, terrorism has been used to scare the masses into submitting to more and more invasions of privacy and loss of freedoms. Please push your representative to Repeal the Patriot Act. I plan to boycott air travel until they stop this groping of even children. If the pat downs truly had benefit, I could see the argument, but they are clearly meant to punish anyone who refuses the scanners and "train" the populace to submit to the machines. :banghead:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”