TSA says beware of implanted bombs

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 3

TSA says beware of implanted bombs

Post by The Mad Moderate »

no not that kind the boom kind. Yes the TSA has now said that they think terrorists will implant bombs to get through security. I can only imagine what the TSA checkpoints will look like now :shock: :shock:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/06/bomb.i ... ?hpt=hp_t2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

Hoi Polloi
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TSA says beware of implanted bombs

Post by Hoi Polloi »

And thus we must submit to the under-the-clothes screeners, right? :roll:
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Hoi Polloi wrote:And thus we must submit to the under-the-clothes screeners, right? :roll:
Yep. They'll need to check everyone's appendix scars. :evil2:

I cannot wait until the rumor comes that the terrorists are swallowing the bombs. :banghead:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

Hoi Polloi wrote:And thus we must submit to the under-the-clothes screeners, right? :roll:
Even that wouldn't work, and they're effectively doing that now.

Brace yourself for exploratory surgery by TSA agents before you're allowed to board a plane.

But don't be concerned - it's for your own safety and good.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Excaliber wrote:
Even that wouldn't work, and they're effectively doing that now.

Brace yourself for exploratory surgery by TSA agents before you're allowed to board a plane.

But don't be concerned - it's for your own safety and good.
Or, more likely, full body x-rays.

You'll probably have to carry a notarized note from your doctor if you have any kind of implants.

I wonder if they'll be worried about my dental implants. They might fear I'll shoot my mouth off! "rlol"
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

The Al Qaida guy who comes up with these various bombs/underwear etc also did an "inside the body" bomb on his brother, but the bomb detonated prematurely so the official survived, but not the bomb inventor's brother. That one was in the colon ... so TSA may need to start giving colonoscopys to everyone. .... Which would save me some money on what Medicare doesn't pay ... I live too far to get the free massages, but the 120 mile round trip drive to an airport might be practical every so many years when the doctor says to get scoped ...
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Reloader

Post by Reloader »

scam to remove the 4th amendment from "unidentified" sources.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor
Amateur radio Instructor, VE KE5LDO
Tarleton State University '74

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

If the TSA gets any more physical with the passengers they are going to have to start ponying up for paternity. :shock:

Seriously though--if there is really truly a threat here then we need to stop playing security theater and stop checking grandma's depends and little girls pant lines. IF* there is really a threat and you find it at the security check point it is too little too late because the bomb will either blow up when manipulated/the person will detonate it themselves. You are going to stop these threats with intelligence, and profiling--not by feeling up 6 year olds.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Reloader wrote:scam to remove the 4th amendment from "unidentified" sources.

Scam is right. Every time there is any complaint about their ridiculous tactics, they push harder, and they apparently don't feel like their excuses even need to make sense.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Star Trek and other science fiction brought out the idea decades ago. I guess technology is starting to catch up with fiction.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

RPB wrote:The Al Qaida guy who comes up with these various bombs/underwear etc also did an "inside the body" bomb on his brother, but the bomb detonated prematurely so the official survived, but not the bomb inventor's brother. That one was in the colon ... so TSA may need to start giving colonoscopys to everyone. .... Which would save me some money on what Medicare doesn't pay ... I live too far to get the free massages, but the 120 mile round trip drive to an airport might be practical every so many years when the doctor says to get scoped ...
Later analysis of this incident reportedly concluded that the bomb was in the BG's underwear, not his colon.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

"Please place your personal clothes in this bag and don our TSA approved gown."

OK maybe we're still a few years off from that.
Psalm 91:2

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mamabearCali wrote:If the TSA gets any more physical with the passengers they are going to have to start ponying up for paternity. :shock:

Seriously though--if there is really truly a threat here then we need to stop playing security theater and stop checking grandma's depends and little girls pant lines. IF* there is really a threat and you find it at the security check point it is too little too late because the bomb will either blow up when manipulated/the person will detonate it themselves. You are going to stop these threats with intelligence, and profiling--not by feeling up 6 year olds.
I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot with this tall tale. One article said a woman might detonate explosives in her breast by pushing on her breast. So here's how you know if they believe this tall tale or if it's pure propaganda: when they think someone might be carrying explosives, do they walk up, pull them aside, feel their breasts and stick their hands down their pants? If so, you know it's part of the security theater and the threat is purely imaginary; because if what they're saying is true they'll have snipers monitoring security checkpoints, the screening will be isolated from the rest of the security line and the screeners, and if they get a hit, the snipers will draw down on the suspect and them to freeze (and they'll actually have to shoot anyone who moves like they might be using a detonator); and then they'll have to send in a bomb disposal team in protective suits to determine if the suspect really is a carrying explosives. I'm betting on security theater.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Mel

Post by Mel »

SQLGeek wrote:"Please place your personal clothes in this bag and don our TSA approved gown."

OK maybe we're still a few years off from that.
Or Months!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This is one reason why elections matter. You elect the right people, and TSA get's its wings clipped. You elect the wrong people, and you get what we're getting.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”