"Fast and Furious" now getting "deflection"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

"Fast and Furious" now getting "deflection"

Post by OldCannon »

I'm not a frequent reader of the Huffington Post, for obvious reasons, but a recent article by Adam Winkler, a law professor at UCLA, shows a disturbing trend on how the current administration is deflecting the conversation into something that makes it acceptable.

A key quote from the article is here, "Sometimes you have to allow smaller crimes to occur so that you can capture the people behind far bigger crimes. In this case, the government was going after major drug kingpins responsible for an unprecedented wave of violence in Mexico. On this side of the border, the targeted cartels are feeding drugs to American children."

The press is now turning this from a botched program to justify more restrictions on gun purchasing to "we have to take down the bag guys in Mexico so our kids won't get drugs". Outrageous.

The pattern of behavior was clear from the beginning, and the flow of drugs into the US was _NOT_ the objective. I'd daresay that it's very low on Obama's radar, but gun control is very high on his radar.

Please take every opportunity you can to add comments to articles like these that are attempting to deflect the problem: This is part of Obama's gun control initiative in the US. It was done on US soil, funded by Obama out of TARP funds, designed to fabricate evidence to support their agenda, and they not only got caught, but it let two federal agents get murdered with those guns in the process.

Do not let Obama's propaganda machine get traction here.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Fast and Furious" now getting "deflection"

Post by RPB »

I like Adam Winkler :) he and Jerry Patterson follow me on Twitter, and both respond to me much more often than Darrel Issa or Jasoninthehouse or Chuck Grassley. do, but I imagine they get more to respond to and are busier.
@adamwinkler Adam Winkler
@_PatJohnson_ I hadn't seen that, thanks for sending
3 Aug
Adam actually gives Tuesday seminars on Twitter, he'll pick a #Hashtag that everyone uses for that seminar, and you just search for that #Hashtag to follow that conversation to the exclusion of all other tweets. https://twitter.com/#!/adamwinkler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
adamwinkler Adam Winkler
If you missed today's Tweminar, be sure to join in next Tuesday 9-12 PT/12-3 ET at hashtag #twem for another engaging discussion of the law.
2 Aug
adamwinkler Adam Winkler
So what process is "due" before denying right to have a gun? #twem
26 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply
adamwinkler Adam Winkler
Federal law allows barring people on terror watch list from flying. Should it also bar same people from buying guns? Weigh in @ #Twem
26 Jul
adamwinkler Adam Winkler
Our weekly tweminars are like college seminars on Twitter. We'll examine cutting edge legal questions. Follow along-and weigh in-at #Twem
25 Jul
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

bnc

Post by bnc »

lkd wrote: A key quote from the article is here, " On this side of the border, the targeted cartels are feeding drugs to American children."
And our government is helping them do that too. http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_18608410

Count

Post by Count »

bnc wrote:
lkd wrote: A key quote from the article is here, " On this side of the border, the targeted cartels are feeding drugs to American children."
And our government is helping them do that too. http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_18608410
Drugs for children. It's part of Obamacare.
The information in this message is not provided in the course of a client relationship and is not intended as legal, accounting, or other professional advice.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

lkd wrote:I'm not a frequent reader of the Huffington Post, for obvious reasons, but a recent article by Adam Winkler, a law professor at UCLA, shows a disturbing trend on how the current administration is deflecting the conversation into something that makes it acceptable.

A key quote from the article is here, "Sometimes you have to allow smaller crimes to occur so that you can capture the people behind far bigger crimes. In this case, the government was going after major drug kingpins responsible for an unprecedented wave of violence in Mexico. On this side of the border, the targeted cartels are feeding drugs to American children."

The press is now turning this from a botched program to justify more restrictions on gun purchasing to "we have to take down the bag guys in Mexico so our kids won't get drugs". Outrageous.

The pattern of behavior was clear from the beginning, and the flow of drugs into the US was _NOT_ the objective. I'd daresay that it's very low on Obama's radar, but gun control is very high on his radar.

Please take every opportunity you can to add comments to articles like these that are attempting to deflect the problem: This is part of Obama's gun control initiative in the US. It was done on US soil, funded by Obama out of TARP funds, designed to fabricate evidence to support their agenda, and they not only got caught, but it let two federal agents get murdered with those guns in the process.

Do not let Obama's propaganda machine get traction here.
Just when you think that the hypocrisy you've heard has been pretty bad, they then out-do themselves. I thought that one of the things from the '60s leftist, liberal culture (the type of folks who are running this administration) was that drugs were "cool" and that everyone should do drugs and "expand your mind". That whatever folks wanted to do as part of their "lifestyle" was A-OK...but NOW, now that they got caught with their hands into the cookie jar, NOW they want to come out and say that drugs are bad? What a load of over-ripe manure! Them folks make me SICK to my stomach. They are the ones who panned "The War On Drugs" when the Republicans and conservatives folks were doing it, but NOW its all about the "children"? Despicable.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

to follow a tweminar going on right now by Adam Winkler (just started)
https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23twem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

adamwinkler Adam Winkler
This week's Tweminar will ask, should the Prez have "emergency powers" enabling him to do what Constitution might not otherwise allow? #twem

StephenAsbelLaw Stephen Asbel
War Powers Act recognizes President can act in emergency but has reporting requirements. #twem

adamwinkler Adam Winkler
But how far does Emerg Pwrs go? Could Prez repel attack on neighbor? Preemptive strike? Invade Iraq? Torture terrorists? Wiretaps? #twem
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”