Write in primary for write in candidate.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DONT TREAD ON ME

Re: Write in primary for write in candidate.

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

VoiceofReason wrote:As a country we have lost the will to stand up for what is right and fight that which is wrong. We have been convinced that right and wrong is just a matter of perspective. Minorities have become empowered and the majority has been marginalized.

We have been convinced there is nothing we can do.

Well I refuse to believe that. :mad5
I could not agree more. What happened to taking a stand for what is right? Drug trafficking and illegal immigration are HUGE problems in this country and to sit back and say "well if we close the border then they will just find other ways in" and "other countries aren't closing their borders is the WRONG answer and the WRONG attitude. When did we as Americans start caring what other countries were doing? This is OUR country and WE need to protect it! When did we as American's just give up because the idea of doing the right thing would be too much work? When did we as Americans start letting ILLEGAL activities continue because to stop them would be too hard and because there are people that depend on those ILLEGAL activities? That is the same attitude that has lead this country for FAR too long. That is NOT the attitude that this country was founded upon and that is the attitude that we need to get rid of and get rid of it NOW!!!

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 19

Post by seamusTX »

Tell me something that will work. Everything that has been tried for the past century has failed. Nearly every political neophyte that is elected as a "fresh new face" has been a disaster.

No one will admit voting for him now, but Jimmy Carter carried Texas in 1976. He was the last Democratic presidential candidate to do so.

- Jim

DONT TREAD ON ME

Just because something fails doesn't mean you give up. ESPECIALLY if it is regarding illegal activity such as drug trafficking and illegal immigration.

We need to have perseverance and resilience!

Maybe VoR and I are different. I know he is former Navy and I am a soldier and I have been instilled with and live my life according to the Warrior Ethos...

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

One of our missions should be to protect our borders and our citizens. We should NEVER accept defeat and NEVER quit until the job is DONE and done RIGHT!!!

My country and my flag are VERY important to me. I want nothing more than to see my country succeed. We are not doing that right now and we are sitting down and letting the politicians ruin our country. Slowly America is becoming nothing but a good idea that failed. Well, I refuse to let America fail :patriot:

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 18

Post by VoiceofReason »

seamusTX wrote:Tell me something that will work. Everything that has been tried for the past century has failed. Nearly every political neophyte that is elected as a "fresh new face" has been a disaster.

No one will admit voting for him now, but Jimmy Carter carried Texas in 1976. He was the last Democratic presidential candidate to do so.

- Jim
Jim,

If we have a problem, any problem, it will never be solved by taking the attitude “it can’t be done”. The only way it can be solved is by discussing “how can we do it?”.

You tell me something that you think will work and we can start from there.

I saw a billboard that said “if you want to see something happen, tell a Texan it can’t be done”. I love it. :thumbs2: :patriot: :txflag:
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

I will expand on one solution I mentioned in a prior post on this thread. I stated “Illegal Immigration could be stopped by putting first time offenders in jail for two years and then sending them back”. Second time offenders should do five years and so on. This would serve to make the risk outweigh the reward and stop most of the illegal immigration.

Those businesses that are found to be employing illegal immigrants should not only have to pay a large fine, but company management should face criminal prosecution and jail time.

I am sure I will get flamed for this but I would not vote for Perry because he kept quiet while Arizona faced criticism and “boycotts” from other states for their laws on illegal immigration. He probably did not want to risk losing the “Hispanic” vote.

Most people do not know this but most Americans of Mexican decent that have been U.S. citizens for generations (and voters) would like to see illegal immigration curtailed. It hurts them too, and probably more so than the average person.

I did not want to get stuck on this one issue. There are a boat load of problems this country needs to tackle but the politicians need to be forced to do what is right.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 19

Post by seamusTX »

I'm not saying the problems can't be solved or we shouldn't try.

What I'm trying to point out is that the solutions that have been tried for decades have not worked, and making penalties harsher will not work.

Regarding illegal immigration, some people will take the risk no matter the potential consequences, because they have nothing to lose. A year or two in a U.S. prison may be better then life in some shanty town or rural village in Guatemala or Honduras.

Also, as I already said, forgers of documents will do a better job.They already can.

I can't find it now, but I posted a story years ago about some Texas DPS employees who were selling forged driver licenses that appeared completely valid with the magnetic strip and were verifiable in the DPS system.

We already have laws against hiring illegal aliens, but the people who get caught doing it either are not prosecuted or lawyer up and escape severe penalties.

We need someone with the imagination to devise a solution and the force of will to get it passed into law in the face of resistance from powerful interest groups. I don't know who it could be.

- Jim

DONT TREAD ON ME

The problem is that we allow illegal aliens to have rights under the Constitution of the United States.

They should have NO rights as they are NOT LEGAL CITIZENS/IMMIGRANTS.

I don't know who said it first but I like the idea of deporting illegal aliens to different countries. Nicaraguans to Honduras, Hondurans to El Salvador, Mexicans to Panama, Iranians to Saudi Arabia, Saudis to Iran, etc. "rlol" They obviously didn't want to be in their original country so why should we be obligated to deport them back to there?

And for the "home grown terrorist", we send them to a country in the middle east so that they can live with the terrorists that they support instead of staying in our country and enjoying our freedoms.

raptor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by raptor »

How about we use the most feared US government agency in the fight. The IRS. Instead of income tax rates based on marital/family status, make the rates based on immigration status.

We can adjust rates to meet revenue requirements, but how about something like 20% for US Citizens, 25% for Resident Aliens, 40% for long-term Visa (H-1B, J, L, O, P, etc.) and 65% for others (undocumented workers, short term "guest" workers, etc.) as a starting point. No deductions, exemptions or other loopholes, so employers are required to withhold at the appropriate level and can be fined (actual $ plus penalties) for failing to withhold.
The Raptor
is coming
May 21st

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Here are some interesting numbers.

The Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2012

Provides for the following:

Egypt $1.5 billion

Afghanistan $3.9 billion

Pakistan $3.1 billion)

Israel $3 billion

Total $11.5 billion = $11,500,000,000 for just these five countries.

That works out to $36.86 per person for every man, woman and child in the U.S. for just these five countries.

The budget provides $12.5 billion for Social Security.

It provides $47 billion for the Department of State and the U.S. Agency for International Development.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I need a drink. :grumble

In case I was a little vague, my point with the above numbers was that the budget provides almost as much foreign aid for five countries as it does for Social Security.

And Social Security is going to go broke? I can’t figure this out.

I still need a drink.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”