White House Skipping VFW Convention?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

White House Skipping VFW Convention?

Post by Skiprr »

Houston Chronicle article (reprint from Sa Antonio Express-News) here.

Evidently, for the first time in its 112-year history, the annual national convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars will have no one from the White House making an appearance. The convention, which has about 8,000 registrants, starts today at San Antonio's downtown convention center.

In the past, if the president himself was unable to attend, a high-level replacement was sent. This year, just a few hours before the start of the convention, the White House has provided no one as an alternate speaker.

Said Richard Eubank, the VFW's national commander: "It is an insult of the highest magnitude that for the first time in the history of the VFW, the White House has apparently decided that this great and iconic organization of combat veterans and all of its members are not worthy of its notice by not at least offering a first-tier speaker from the administration."
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

DONT TREAD ON ME

Re: White House Skipping VFW Convention?

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

This does not surprise me with this administration :mad5

I have nothing more to say at this time as I will violate forum rules :rules:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

fakerInchief skip our Vets but not rumada for the maslams

Wake up America in 2012. All candidates need to remind ALL voters about these things.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

speedsix
Posts in topic: 8

Post by speedsix »

...there is a valid fear that too many of our honored Vets might lose control of their bladders in close proximity if he were there...it's a medical condition caused by lack of respect...

texanron

Post by texanron »

Everyone at the White House is taking another vacation at that time apparently.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...family homecoming in Kenya??? He going to impress his family with the number of servants he owns???

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

speedsix wrote:...family homecoming in Kenya??? He going to impress his family with the number of servants he owns???
Yep, all 350 million of his servants
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

fishman

Post by fishman »

It just goes to show that the current administation does'nt care. Apparently vacations are more important. I think it was Oprah the last time when the boy scouts got left holding the bag.
IANAL

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 2farnorth »

speedsix wrote:...there is a valid fear that too many of our honored Vets might lose control of their bladders in close proximity if he were there...it's a medical condition caused by lack of respect...
What in heck does this mean? :headscratch I hope it means the disrespect would be from the President. Most Vets would still respect the office even if they despised the occupant. :patriot:
N5PNZ

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...you know exactly what it means...and while it may be only wishful thinking, most of what Americans are saying about the POTUS these days, not just veterans, is completely focused on the current occupant of the White House...not the office...a man can only hide behind his office so long before he has to be held to account as a man...I've put my life on the line for the Office...and will again...but the man who (occasionally) occupies the White House has done more to destroy this country than any before him...and will have none of my respect... :patriot:

DONT TREAD ON ME

speedsix wrote:...you know exactly what it means..
I don't think he does that's why he asked.

I'm not sure what it means either.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...nebber mind...if you don't get it it doesn't matter...

DONT TREAD ON ME

speedsix wrote:...nebber mind...if you don't get it it doesn't matter...

ok :headscratch :confused5

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

PM

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...nothing in the oath that I (or you) took upon enlistment says that I must respect the office of the President...or the man holding the office at the time...we swore to OBEY him...respect cannot be forced...only obedience...respect is either commanded by the demeanor of the man or demanded because that's the only way he can "HOPE" to get it... :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”