Willard is so funny ha-ha-ha

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
matriculated

Willard is so funny ha-ha-ha

Post by matriculated »

Willard Romney told a funny. :smilelol5: Talking about his dad:

“Now later he decided to run for governor of Michigan, and so you can imagine that having closed the factory and moved all the production to Wisconsin was a very sensitive issue to him, for his campaign,” explained Romney, who described a subsequent campaign parade in which the school band marching with his father knew how to play Wisconsin’s fight song, but not Michigan’s.
“Every time they would start playing ‘On Wisconsin, On Wisconsin,’ my dad’s political people would jump up and down and try to get them to stop, because they didn’t want people in Michigan to be reminded that my dad had moved production to Wisconsin,” said Romney, laughing.

Ha--ha--ha. :cryin Let's all hold hands and laugh at the funny that the man we're supposed to vote for shared with us. Gosh, that'll connect with ordinary people, won't it? Shutting down factories, funny stuff. How is this man on the verge of securing the Republican nomination?

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

Re: Willard is so funny ha-ha-ha

Post by Heartland Patriot »

What is that little motor you put on the front of a boat called?

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Can you say "trolling motor". Yeah....that's the ticket.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Seems like the trolling has increased significantly the last month or so.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

matriculated wrote:Willard Romney told a funny. :smilelol5: Talking about his dad:

“Now later he decided to run for governor of Michigan, and so you can imagine that having closed the factory and moved all the production to Wisconsin was a very sensitive issue to him, for his campaign,” explained Romney, who described a subsequent campaign parade in which the school band marching with his father knew how to play Wisconsin’s fight song, but not Michigan’s.
“Every time they would start playing ‘On Wisconsin, On Wisconsin,’ my dad’s political people would jump up and down and try to get them to stop, because they didn’t want people in Michigan to be reminded that my dad had moved production to Wisconsin,” said Romney, laughing.

Ha--ha--ha. :cryin Let's all hold hands and laugh at the funny that the man we're supposed to vote for shared with us. Gosh, that'll connect with ordinary people, won't it? Shutting down factories, funny stuff. How is this man on the verge of securing the Republican nomination?
Well, why not just vote for Obama and be done with it? Just come out and say it. Say that you have a problem with capitalism. Admit it. You're so eager to try and ridicule Romney that you've forgotten a little detail..........You're making fun of a PR problem while ignoring the reasons for why the factory might have been moved in the first place. People don't just pick up a factory and move it to another state.....unless there is a capitalist advantage to doing so. Aren't you even a little bit curious about that, or does what passes for liberal intellectual curiosity only go so far?

Me? I'm self-employed. God willing, someday I'll be that wealthy. Or not. Either way Will Romney's story is unadulterated bull.....which would be readily apparent to anyone blessed with critical thinking skills. Did you ever stop to question why a Michigan school band would only know how to play the Wisconsin fight song? What a patently ridiculous idea, and only a liberal would fall for it. One of two things is going on here. Either A) the story is a flat out lie (which should be easily demonstrable), or B) a liberal music professor (or bandleader, whatever) with a democrat axe to grind against Romney told the band to play the Wisconsin fight song in order to embarrass Romney.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
matriculated

Post by matriculated »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
matriculated wrote:Well, why not just vote for Obama and be done with it? Just come out and say it. Say that you have a problem with capitalism. Admit it. You're so eager to try and ridicule Romney that you've forgotten a little detail..........You're making fun of a PR problem while ignoring the reasons for why the factory might have been moved in the first place. People don't just pick up a factory and move it to another state.....unless there is a capitalist advantage to doing so. Aren't you even a little bit curious about that, or does what passes for liberal intellectual curiosity only go so far?

Me? I'm self-employed. God willing, someday I'll be that wealthy. Or not. Either way Will Romney's story is unadulterated bull.....which would be readily apparent to anyone blessed with critical thinking skills. Did you ever stop to question why a Michigan school band would only know how to play the Wisconsin fight song? What a patently ridiculous idea, and only a liberal would fall for it. One of two things is going on here. Either A) the story is a flat out lie (which should be easily demonstrable), or B) a liberal music professor (or bandleader, whatever) with a democrat axe to grind against Romney told the band to play the Wisconsin fight song in order to embarrass Romney.
If you read my previous posts on this topic, you'll find out that I support Santorum. Not because I'm crazy about Santorum, but because he's the last conservative in the race with a chance to win it. Ron Paul never had a real chance (and besides, his foreign policy views disqualify him from the presidency) and Gingrich has faded into non-viability.

Now, about Willard. My problem with this story is not the fact that his dad moved production to a different state. I don't give a rat's tail about that. It's not like he moved production to China; he went from one US state to another US state - perfectly fine. My problem is with Willard relaying that story as a humorous anecdote in a transparent attempt to pander to Wisconsinites ahead of the Wisconsin primary. It's exactly that kind of stunt that's going to lose him the election if he gets the nomination. He doesn't understand how joking about shut down factories may come across as callous to people. I bet those Michiganders who lost their jobs didn't see the humor in it. The media is already painting Romney as a "rich guy" who doesn't care about people, and he's taking direct steps to provide them with more fodder. And his history of flip-flopping and Etch-a-Sketching himself makes it hard to believe anything the guy says. When a man goes from attending Planned Parenthood fundraisers to all of a sudden being firmly pro-life, that raises an eyebrow or two. When a man goes from bragging about how he's going to get Washington money so he can spend it to suddenly being a fiscal hawk, some people wonder. When a man goes from calling himself a "progressive Republican" to calling himself "severely conservative," it's a bit odd. I don't think that Romney's a conservative, is what I'm trying to say. This is a pivotal election coming up, and Republicans need to put forward a true conservative, not an effete liberal Massachusetts elitist. Republicans won a major landslide in 2010 by running as real conservatives even in the face of the establishment. Now, the party establishment has made their pick, and I'm supposed to say "Yes masters" and fall in line? Thanks, but no thanks. As long as there is a chance for someone else to win this nomination, I will continue to support that person, and right now that's Santorum. Putting up a Republican effete liberal elitist against the Democrat effete liberal elitist makes for a lose-lose scenario. Either way the president will end up being an effete liberal elitist.

BTW, the story isn't fake, here's a link: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop ... -factories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lbuehler325
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lbuehler325 »

I find it interesting how the major arguments against Ron Paul are that he either never really had a chance or his foreign policy disqualifies him. Last I checked, he's the most Constitutionally sound candidate we've had in any of our lifetimes. How a strict Constitutionalist can have a disqualifying foreign policy is beyond me.
RLTW!
TX CHL (Formerly licensed in PA, MA, KY)
MOPH, VFW, GOA, NRA, 82nd Airborne Division Association

Topic author
matriculated

Post by matriculated »

lbuehler325 wrote:I find it interesting how the major arguments against Ron Paul are that he either never really had a chance or his foreign policy disqualifies him. Last I checked, he's the most Constitutionally sound candidate we've had in any of our lifetimes. How a strict Constitutionalist can have a disqualifying foreign policy is beyond me.
Well, the thing is, whether we like it or not, we have to deal with reality as it is, not reality as we'd like it to be. The reality right now is that the United States of America is an empire with many military installations spanning every corner of the globe, and basically controlling war and peace on any kind of level that might be considered "large" or "important." This is us. This is the responsibility that we, as a country, have decided to take on. It didn't happen suddenly or overnight. It took many different governments after WWII, all basically leading in the same direction: more American hegemony, and more American control over the security situation of the rest of the world. As Americans elect their government democratically (small "d"), one can only assume that this is the situation that Americans over time had wanted to be in. Being "in control," so to speak, has its pros and cons, just like everything else. One of the major cons is the strain on our budget (we spend more on "defense" {control of the world} than the next 15 nations put together). On the pro side, well, we pretty much control the entire world and have the capacity to blow up the nations that don't conform to our will. Is that good or bad? Debatable. Whatever your opinion on the current state of affairs is, one thing is for certain: We cannot just suddenly depart from decades of stability and security, and abandon pretty much every foreign policy goal that every president for the last 60 years has worked for just because we decided we want to do a "libertarian" experiment. Regardless of the merits of Ron Paul's foreign policy views, his desired changes would be too abrupt and would probably cause calamity of global proportions. Thus, he disqualifies himself from being president. Also, voters disqualify him.
Last edited by matriculated on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace5299

Post by Ace5299 »

jmra wrote:Seems like the trolling has increased significantly the last month or so.
Sorry to ask...what is trolling as you refer here? I have seen this on a few other post.

Topic author
matriculated

Post by matriculated »

Ace5299 wrote:
jmra wrote:Seems like the trolling has increased significantly the last month or so.
Sorry to ask...what is trolling as you refer here? I have seen this on a few other post.
Well, read my posts. Apparently, that's trolling. I don't get it either.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

:bigear:
Ace5299 wrote:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
matriculated

Post by matriculated »

BTW, jmra, I have to disagree with John Wayne (your sig line). I think a persuasive case can be made that life is significantly easier for stupid people. :tiphat:

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

matriculated wrote: Ron Paul never had a real chance (and besides, his foreign policy views disqualify him from the presidency) and Gingrich has faded into non-viability.
Romney is a liberal, big government statist. That disqualifies him...
Santorum is a conservative, big government statist. That disqualifies him...

I don't consider Romney or Santorum to be a good candidate (better than O... yes). BUT I don't dismiss them as crazy (unelectable seems to be a buzzword) and move on. We're all supposed to be on the same team here at this point. Find a conservative candidate who will beat the current communist out of his throne. For a lot of people, Paul is their dream candidate. I'll talk about Romney's and Santorum's (and Paul's) faults, but I won't dismiss them as unelectable or disqualified. Stuff like that serves to alienate conservative folks who lean to the libertarian side on most issues. Don't be surprised when none of them show up to vote for "your guy" when you make "their guy" out to be some kook who never had a chance and never should have.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

matriculated wrote:
lbuehler325 wrote:I find it interesting how the major arguments against Ron Paul are that he either never really had a chance or his foreign policy disqualifies him. Last I checked, he's the most Constitutionally sound candidate we've had in any of our lifetimes. How a strict Constitutionalist can have a disqualifying foreign policy is beyond me.
Well, the thing is, whether we like it or not, we have to deal with reality as it is, not reality as we'd like it to be. The reality right now is that the United States of America is an empire with many military installations spanning every corner of the globe, and basically controlling war and peace on any kind of level that might be considered "large" or "important." This is us. This is the responsibility that we, as a country, have decided to take on. It didn't happen suddenly or overnight. It took many different governments after WWII, all basically leading in the same direction: more American hegemony, and more American control over the security situation of the rest of the world. As Americans elect their government democratically (small "d"), one can only assume that this is the situation that Americans over time had wanted to be in. Being "in control," so to speak, has its pros and cons, just like everything else. One of the major cons is the strain on our budget (we spend more on "defense" {control of the world} than the next 15 nations put together). On the pro side, well, we pretty much control the entire world and have the capacity to blow up the nations that don't conform to our will. Is that good or bad? Debatable. Whatever your opinion on the current state of affairs is, one thing is for certain: We cannot just suddenly depart from decades of stability and security, and abandon pretty much ever foreign policy goal that every president for the last 60 years has worked for just because we decided we want to do a "libertarian" experiment. Regardless of the merits of Ron Paul's foreign policy views, his desired changes would be too abrupt and would probably cause calamity of global proportions. Thus, he disqualifies himself from being president. Also, voters disqualify him.
OK....although I prefer a different word than "empire," because I take the word literally, this the first thing you've said that I actually agree with. Whether one agrees with or disagrees with the extent of our involvements around the globe, it would be irresponsible to the nth power to suddenly abandon all of those responsibilities we took on/dreamed up/assumed (however you want to phrase that). I would add that during the century of American ascendancy, the 20th century, and particularly the back half of it, there were three powers that were going to attempt hegemony. (I really don't like that word because it has a taste of the nefarious. I don't believe that our policies were ever motivated by nefarious intent.)

Anyway, those nations were going to be the USSR, the USA, and the Chicoms. And those hegemonies would have proxies, like Cuba for the USSR, Great Britain for the US, etc. Of the three hegemonous powers, the USA is the only one that at least tried to carry a message of human liberty, free trade, and respect for the individual, and at least tried to exert some influences in that direction. Imperfectly, yes. Unsuccessfully, often. But at least we tried. And to the extent that we were unsuccessful, it was as much attributable to the cultural inability of the other nation (Iraq, Afghanistan, for instance) to blend some of our values into their cultures. That benevolence of intent could never have been attributed to the USSR or China.

Like it or not, even a more isolationist US is still going to be a major player on the word stage. Further, global politics abhors a vacuum as much as Mother Nature does. If the US willingly surrenders its preeminence (which the idiot in the White House seems bent on achieving), others will rush in to fill that vacuum. That will most likely make life harder for us, not easier. So for better or for worse, we need to remain engaged in world affairs as a major player. Ron Paul just doesn't get that, which means that he lacks the intellect for the job. Mitt Romney may not be the ideal conservative. I'll actually concede that to you. But he has a much firmer grasp on the reality of America's place in the world than Ron Paul does, and Paul just comes off sounding like a cranky old uncle......definitely not presidential material.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
matriculated

Post by matriculated »

The Annoyed Man wrote:[qOK....although I prefer a different word than "empire," because I take the word literally, this the first thing you've said that I actually agree with.
Huh??? Houston, we have a problem! :anamatedbanana

I almost don't feel like a troll anymore. :lol::

Let's all party now: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:party: :chldancing

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”