'If you don't believe in climate change you must be sick'

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

'If you don't believe in climate change you must be sick'

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... acism.html

The radical leftist agenda:
Resolving skepticism about climate change alarmists, she added, is a challenge equitable to overcoming ‘racism or slavery in the U.S. South’
The scientists behind the event recently put out a statement calling for humans to be packed into denser cities so that the rest of the planet can be surrendered to mother nature.

And fellow attendee Yale University professor Karen Seto told MSNBC: ‘We certainly don’t want them (humans) strolling about the entire countryside. We want them to save land for nature by living closely [together].’
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 'If you don't believe in climate change you must be sick

Post by Dave2 »

Karen Seto wrote:And fellow attendee Yale University professor Karen Seto told MSNBC: ‘We certainly don’t want them (humans) strolling about the entire countryside. We want them to save land for nature by living closely [together].’
Seriously?!?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Slowplay
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Slowplay »

It's not limited to climate change. If liberal brainwashing through slanted education & media bias doesn't work on you, liberals must conclude that your brain is broken... :shock:
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

If there is a psychological test to determine if you're mentally sick, I would love to go head-to-head with the person claiming that I must be sick. I would bet my life savings that I would be deemed more mentally sound than that person.

Birdshot70

Post by Birdshot70 »

Thomas wrote:If there is a psychological test to determine if you're mentally sick, I would love to go head-to-head with the person claiming that I must be sick. I would bet my life savings that I would be deemed more mentally sound than that person.
I would say in their eyes anyone who votes conservative, throws away ANYTHING or likes to be outside for more than half-a-second...that would be mentally sick.
I guess I should call and have a padded indoor cell with no windows reserved. "rlol"
"When in doubt, EMPTY the magazine." - A Marine

"...gun control is always a scheme of the powerful to deprive the powerless of the right to self-defense." -- Ann Coulter 04/18/2012

NRA Member
CHL holder
CHL Instructor

philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

I have a test.

Guess the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Now look it up and see how close you got. Wikipedia is a reasonable place unless you think "they have been gotten too"

If you ever meet a "humanity is responsible for climate change" type of person.

Give them the same test. Don't tell, them make them look it up.

Whoa don't confuse me with the facts.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

I believe. I believe there were Ice Ages in the past and NYC was covered by a glacier during the last one.

I had a great climate change bumper sticker on my old car.

Nuclear Winter:
The solution to Global Warming

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

recaffeination wrote:I had a great climate change bumper sticker on my old car.

Nuclear Winter:
The solution to Global Warming
:smilelol5: Oh that's bad!

EconDoc

Post by EconDoc »

My intuition is that the whole "climate change" thing is really about getting more control over the "proletarian peasantry", meaning us. The leftists will use it to take away many of our rights, including the right to travel freely and without permission, the right to own a gun, the right to choose our own living accomodations, and the right to choose our own diet. Remember that we are dealing with idealistic narcissists who believe that only they are educated, intelligent, public spirited, and capable of making good decisions for society. To them, we are nothing more than stupid troglodytes who do not deserve any real liberty since we don't recognize the superiority of the "enlightened left". A pox on them all.

:patriot: :txflag:
Sauron lives and his orc minions are on the march. Free people own guns.

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Post by VMI77 »

EconDoc wrote:My intuition is that the whole "climate change" thing is really about getting more control over the "proletarian peasantry", meaning us. The leftists will use it to take away many of our rights, including the right to travel freely and without permission, the right to own a gun, the right to choose our own living accomodations, and the right to choose our own diet. Remember that we are dealing with idealistic narcissists who believe that only they are educated, intelligent, public spirited, and capable of making good decisions for society. To them, we are nothing more than stupid troglodytes who do not deserve any real liberty since we don't recognize the superiority of the "enlightened left". A pox on them all.

:patriot: :txflag:

Idealistic narcissism fuels all this largely phony environmentalism and the "Green" movement in general. How many poor environmentalists do you encounter? The ones I come into contact with in the course of my work drive expensive SUV's, fly all over the country, have lake or beach condos, boats, and big energy consuming homes. But hey they have SUV "hybrids" (20 mpg versus the over 40 mpg they could be getting with something like a Prius), and maybe some solar panels on their 5,000 and 10,000 square foot homes to heat their pools, so they're "environmentally conscious." It's the rest of us who they expect to sacrifice, and in more ways than one. "Environmentalism" is the sine qua non of the coming Authoritarianism.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

AEA

Post by AEA »

Lets round them all up and send them to some island somewhere that they can start their own climate change agenda without bothering us anymore!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Slowplay wrote:It's not limited to climate change. If liberal brainwashing through slanted education & media bias doesn't work on you, liberals must conclude that your brain is broken... :shock:
Actually such actions indicate a perfectly functioning brain. Immune to liberalism. :coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Well, I see she just delivered a talk in the UK. She is either British or fits right in with the British -- she's got British teeth.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

VMI77 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... acism.html

The radical leftist agenda:
Resolving skepticism about climate change alarmists, she added, is a challenge equitable to overcoming ‘racism or slavery in the U.S. South’
The scientists behind the event recently put out a statement calling for humans to be packed into denser cities so that the rest of the planet can be surrendered to mother nature.

And fellow attendee Yale University professor Karen Seto told MSNBC: ‘We certainly don’t want them (humans) strolling about the entire countryside. We want them to save land for nature by living closely [together].’
I've been telling people for quite a while now that the ultimate goal of the hard left is to REDUCE the number of human beings on the planet to a number THEY LIKE...and then have the vast bulk of that number living in "hive cities" like ants or bees...while the rest of the world is kept like a park for the elite hard left to use as their "utopian playground"...if you do some more digging, you will find they also want to use genetic engineering on humans to "breed" people the way they want them to be, and to make them able to use less resources...and to be more docile and accepting of whatever they are told to do, as well. And the hard leftists that want to do this stuff, and are pushing behind the scenes? Yes, its people like Soros, but it is also people like the woman quoted above...really, those people are just not like you and I...as many differences as I have with any of you on here, we are far more alike than the people working on a future that NONE of us on here would care for...as I was told by a Special Operations Lieutenant Colonel many years ago, it is NOT paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”