CA Senator wants to "close the bullet button loophole"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CA Senator wants to "close the bullet button loophole"

Post by Beiruty »

That CA guy is crazy is gun-ban working for them? I think not. In future LA Riots, I will stay behind that CASenator. I will ask him to protect me. personally he has to do so. Since, he is banning the means of my defense. Can he take a beating to protect me? "rlol" "rlol"
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

OldCannon wrote:I feel very, very sad for California today. CA Senator wants to ban the "bullet button" on AR-15s....

“There is absolutely no reason why these military style weapons need to have such easily changeable magazines,” said Yee. “While most gun owners are law abiding, I am deeply concerned with these assault weapons getting into the wrong hands, resulting in mass casualties of civilians or law enforcement officers.”

Magazines, or the storage areas that allow for repeat firing, that can be removed by a normal push button in combination with features such as a pistol grip and telescoping stock are banned in California. The law essentially requires magazines to be fixed, or removed or replaced with the use of a tool, in order to slow down the process of reloading.

To get around the law, gun makers have created a new mechanism, or “tool,” that allows the magazine to be easily removed by the tip of a bullet or in some cases by just putting a small magnet over the “bullet button,” basically recreating a normal push button and allowing magazines to be changed within seconds.

“These conversions are circumventing the spirit of California’s assault weapon statute,” said Yee. “Absent this bill, California’s assault weapon ban is significantly weakened. For the safety of the general public, we must close this loophole.”

http://sd08.senate.ca.gov/news/2012-05- ... weapon-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've long given hope that California will collectively come to their senses. I fully imagine that mainland China's first military foothold will be gained in San Francisco, where complacent liberals will welcome them with open arms.
Yeah, because a criminal would never possess a gun capable of quick magazine replacement --it's against the law.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

JeepGuy79

Post by JeepGuy79 »

Can you imagine how ez it must be for gang bangers to be doing a drive-by with their legally purchased California compliant rifles and use a bullet button to change magazines??? I bet they all go buy cali legal rifles and have bullet button removal parties. If you get rid of the detachable mags all together they will never think to steal a gun from out of state or come up with another way to have detachable high capacity mags in their "assault rifles" therefore completely ending all of the shootings with high powered rifles and likely all guns period.

I am sure that if they made it harder to change mags gangs would likely just get along with each other, stop fighting over turf, and stop killing.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The sad part is, California will most likely pass this bill, believing that they are actually accomplishing something.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

From what I read on it, the bullet button is actually a safety feature due to jams from loading the magazine while in the rifle

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The sad part is, California will most likely pass this bill, believing that they are actually accomplishing something.
I posted this story on my FB page to alert my old USAF compatriots who may have these sort of firearms in their possession. And I also added my opinion, same as yours, that the likelihood is that it will pass because it will make California "safer". :roll:

Transplant

Post by Transplant »

AEA wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:They get the government they deserve. The state will never change until it collapses.
The big problem is that a lot of them are moving here! :shock: :shock:
Its mostly us smart ones who are unhappy about the political climate there. I couldn't wait to flee CA.

Transplant

Post by Transplant »

With a $16 billion deficit, this guy should really be passing totally different legislation. They've all got their heads in the sand up there in Sacramento. Hello, guys, wake up to the fact that you need to stop spending money!

They probably think it doesn't matter. The Fed Gov't is going to be bailing out bankrupt states next if we dont get a new administration.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Transplant wrote:With a $16 billion deficit, this guy should really be passing totally different legislation. They've all got their heads in the sand up there in Sacramento. Hello, guys, wake up to the fact that you need to stop spending money!

They probably think it doesn't matter. The Fed Gov't is going to be bailing out bankrupt states next if we dont get a new administration.
Only the blue ones -- and for the most part, they're the only ones that need bailing.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Transplant wrote:With a $16 billion deficit, this guy should really be passing totally different legislation. They've all got their heads in the sand up there in Sacramento. Hello, guys, wake up to the fact that you need to stop spending money!

Where do you think a bunch of that "stimulus" money went?

Transplant

Post by Transplant »

sjfcontrol wrote:

Only the blue ones -- and for the most part, they're the only ones that need bailing.
The correlation there is pretty clear, isn't it? Democrat states overspend, and vote for a president that also wants to overspend. The president then turns around and makes it possible for the democrat states to spend more, and the democrat states vote for him to stay in office. In business I think that's a kickback. In law, its a conflict of interest. In politics, it's politics.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The sad part is, California will most likely pass this bill, believing that they are actually accomplishing something.
I posted this story on my FB page to alert my old USAF compatriots who may have these sort of firearms in their possession. And I also added my opinion, same as yours, that the likelihood is that it will pass because it will make California "safer". :roll:

It WILL make California safer by some small amount.....safer for criminals, which is, after all, the objective.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

There are several CA "transplants" *drum hit* here that are quite vocal in their support of the 2A, freedom, etc. I'm glad to have them. :tiphat:

That said, there are also the sort like my in laws, who think the same failed policies will work in other places. But they're in CO, so at least they're not here voting...I guess.
TANSTAAFL

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

JeepGuy79 wrote:Can you imagine how ez it must be for gang bangers to be doing a drive-by with their legally purchased California compliant rifles and use a bullet button to change magazines??? I bet they all go buy cali legal rifles and have bullet button removal parties. If you get rid of the detachable mags all together they will never think to steal a gun from out of state or come up with another way to have detachable high capacity mags in their "assault rifles" therefore completely ending all of the shootings with high powered rifles and likely all guns period.

I am sure that if they made it harder to change mags gangs would likely just get along with each other, stop fighting over turf, and stop killing.
The really stupid thing is that they are so myopically focused on the "evil black rifles" that many others are completely off their radar. I just went ahead and bought a Mini-14 while I was still in Kali since it fired the same cartridge but didn't have any of the hassle. I wanted an AR15 but they are so hobbled by the ridiculous assault weapon ban that I just couldn't justify it. Plenty of other rifles that fill a similar niche that look "normal" so they don't get any bad press.

You can easily get an SKS, Mini14, or KelTec Su16 with removable magazines to your hearts content. On top of that what do you do about all the grandfathered bullet button AR15's out there? On top of that...the bullet button solution has been around for YEARS, I can't believe it took those idiots so long to figure it out...oh wait it didn't...they just have to do something since they finally got some bad press and need to impress the sheep!!!

It always amazes me that people are more frightened seeing my AR15 than seeing my M1 Garand!!! There is not much that would stand up to that 30.06 semi auto...just ask the Axis Powers. :fire
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Sorry for resurecting an old thread but it would appear that the "bullet button loophole" has been closed and the owners had to have their bullet button equipped AR's registered by last month.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/18/ca ... eport.html
In the past last 11 months, more than 68,000 additional assault weapons have been registered to make the June deadline, The Times reported.
There is at least 68,000 registered rifles with bullet buttons. The leftist can't figure out that if the AR was a legitimate problem, with at least 68,000, you would know if they were a problem. That's just in commie land, could you imagine how big a problem AR's could be in the more free states of the south, southeast, and middle of the country?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”