The Root of Chicago Evil

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

The Root of Chicago Evil

Post by chasfm11 »

I won't normally post a link from this blog because is definitely Right leaning and even I don't agree with all they publish.

But this particular story jumped out at me

June 18, 2012
Just another week end in Obama's home town
Ethel C. Fenig
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... _town.html
An estimated 100-200 police provided security Saturday night for the extended Obama family as they visited their lovely Chicago home to attend the wedding of prominent aide Valerie Jarrett's daughter. Meanwhile, just a few blocks away, it was another typical Saturday night in Chicago for the district President Barack Obama (D) represented previously as a community organizer, state senator, a senator and now president. During the wedding festivities--and best wishes to the couple--within a few miles of the celebration there were "4 dead, 19 wounded in separate city shootings."
.... and there is the kicker.
And who is at fault for this Father's Day week end violence? In a display of inter faith, inter religious co-operation, Reverend Jesse Jackson, father to at least one acknowledged child out of wedlock plus several with his wife and Catholic Reverend Michael Pfleger, adopted father to several black African-American boys, agreed-- it is not the shooters, the perps, it is not the local community filled with fatherless children, welfare mothers, teen aged parents, unskilled, unemployed, unemployable people, or violent schools. No! The fault lies with...the stores that sell the guns.
....so......
And so, with a few protesters--and lots of media--this diverse, multi cultural duo shut down a legitimate gun shop business in suburban Chicago so they could stroke their egos rather than doing the hard work of telling their communities to straighten up, take care of themselves and their children, get some training and get a job. Nope, so much easier to pull a publicity stunt, assured that this extortion will pull in some government dollars for their life style while innocents suffer.
I'm glad to know how to solve the problems with urban violence - picket gun stores. Somehow, I suspect that isn't going to work in Texas, however.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
chasfm11

Re: The Root of Chicago Evil

Post by chasfm11 »

Careful on the above link - STRONG LANGUAGE!

I want to make sure that I'm clear about why I did the OP. This problem is not racial in nature. All ethnic groups are involved in the murders in Chicago. My point was that Chicago has already banned guns and now groups are protesting suburban gun shops, trying to spread that ban and are blaming the legal gun shops for the violence.

I wonder what the 100-200 officers assigned to the wedding might have been able to do if they were on the streets, looking for those who were committing the homicides? Don't get me wrong. I understand that high profile events need security but why not more private security so that tax payer funded LE can focus on community matters.
Dum Spiro, Spero

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jimlongley »

chasfm11 wrote:Careful on the above link - STRONG LANGUAGE!

I want to make sure that I'm clear about why I did the OP. This problem is not racial in nature. All ethnic groups are involved in the murders in Chicago. My point was that Chicago has already banned guns and now groups are protesting suburban gun shops, trying to spread that ban and are blaming the legal gun shops for the violence.

I wonder what the 100-200 officers assigned to the wedding might have been able to do if they were on the streets, looking for those who were committing the homicides? Don't get me wrong. I understand that high profile events need security but why not more private security so that tax payer funded LE can focus on community matters.
They have been protesting suburban gun shops outside Chicago for a long time, partly because there are no gun shops in Chicago, so they have to go somewhere. When we moved there in 1993, there was a "massive" (according to the Chicago papers, as I recall about 20 protesters showed up) demonstration about a gun shop "right next door" to a school. The school in question was an adjunct to a local university on its campus. The gun shop was indeed in the next building off the campus (at that time) MORE THAN 1/2 MILE AWAY, and beyond two small stands of woods and a farm field.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Looks like QuanellX shares the same views as this guy. Need more black leaders preaching this message rather than what Jesse and Sharpton preach.

[youtube][/youtube]
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I listen to the Chicago police scanner at times and am amazed how many calls involve guns. For a city that bans handguns, there sure is a lot of gun illegal gun violence. It is not uncommon to hear two, three or four calls within an hour that involve a gun. Unfortunately, it appears only the bad guys have the guns and the good guys are at a disadvantage. Just further illustration how outlawing handgun ownership by law abiding citizens is not the answer.

I am interested in how many of the guns used in these crimes were actually purchased at one of the guns shops by the people commiting the crime. I suspect very few if any. It's a shame the citizens of that city do not sober up and do something about the sorry political environment there.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

mojo84 wrote: I am interested in how many of the guns used in these crimes were actually purchased at one of the guns shops by the people commiting the crime. I suspect very few if any. It's a shame the citizens of that city do not sober up and do something about the sorry political environment there.
I'm not sure they can do anything about the political environment. I'll go out on a limb and suspect that the elections there are not "one man, one vote" and there may be voter intimidation, etc. The Chicago political machine has not stayed in power all of these years through simply convincing the voters. It would be interesting (and probably unhealthy) to do an investigative report about how the elections are really run. I have the same expectations about areas of NY.

I realize that demonstrating against suburban gun shops is not new. It just seemed like the perfect storm of actions, however - a couple of hundred Chicago cops off the streets catering to the Elites, 4 shootings and a group out blaming a gun shop for the results. How crazy is that?
Dum Spiro, Spero

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:I listen to the Chicago police scanner at times and am amazed how many calls involve guns. For a city that bans handguns, there sure is a lot of gun illegal gun violence. It is not uncommon to hear two, three or four calls within an hour that involve a gun. Unfortunately, it appears only the bad guys have the guns and the good guys are at a disadvantage. Just further illustration how outlawing handgun ownership by law abiding citizens is not the answer.

I am interested in how many of the guns used in these crimes were actually purchased at one of the guns shops by the people commiting the crime. I suspect very few if any. It's a shame the citizens of that city do not sober up and do something about the sorry political environment there.

Some may have been purchased there, but that's probably not how they were acquired by the BGs, who most likely got them by stealing them.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”