obamacare upheld

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

hi-power
Posts in topic: 6

Re: obamacare upheld

Post by hi-power »

Yet again Arizona leads the way in the fight against the federal government encroaching (stomping) on state's rights. It is a tool Arizona could use to stop Obamacare and many other federal actions. I hope they can get it on the ballot, then passed, and start using it ASAP.

Initiative would let voters overrule federal law
PHOENIX -- Voters could get the right to overrule federal laws and mandates under the terms of an initiative filed late Thursday.

The Arizona Constitution already says the federal Constitution "is the supreme law of the land." This measure, if approved in November, it would add language saying that federal document may not be violated by any government -- including the federal government.

More to the point, it would allow Arizonans "to reject any federal action that they determine violates the United States Constitution."

That could occur through a vote of the state House and Senate with consent of the governor.

But that also could occur through a popular vote on a ballot measure, effectively allowing voters to decide which federal laws they feel infringe on Arizona's rights as a sovereign state.

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

The Arizona Constitution already says the federal Constitution "is the supreme law of the land." This measure, if approved in November, it would add language saying that federal document may not be violated by any government -- including the federal government.

More to the point, it would allow Arizonans "to reject any federal action that they determine violates the United States Constitution."
:thewave

I want to see Sheriff Joe arrest some of the minions of darkness in flagrante delicto for trying to enforce an unconstitutional law. :patriot:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Owyhee Dan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Owyhee Dan »

Better dead than red!!

Dave2
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Dave2 »

I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

74novaman
Posts in topic: 14

Post by 74novaman »

I'm shocked! :shock:

Actually, no. No I'm not. :grumble
TANSTAAFL

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

I liked this comment from today's "Morning Bell"...
Yesterday we recieved our Obamacare rebate check from Blue Cross. If the insurance company does not spend 80% of premiums on care it has to do these rebates. We got $6.11. Oh, did I mention that our premiums doubled to $750.00 per month since the Affordable Health Care Act passed? Only a politician would think that making an insurance company accept more risk is going to cut costs
Today's Morning Bell
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/obamaca ... lenge.html

Supreme Coourt reverses Appeals Court on Texas lawsuit on individual mandate.

Two of Trump’s appointments voted with the majority 7-2.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Wow! Resurrected after almost nine years!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas_Blaze »

How did obombacare end up under Gun & Self Defense Political?
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”