Bill O'Reilly

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Bill O'Reilly

Post by puma guy »

After listening to Bill O'Reilly's "Talking Points" comments tonight I had to send him an email pointing out his statement about machine guns and bazookas being sold w/o the Fed's knowledge is very damaging and patently false, especially since he didn't qualify whether he was speaking of legal or illegal sales. I'm sure he'll get plenty of other emails informing him of the legal requirements necessary for the purchase of that class of weapons. I think I know what his response will be (i.e. you can still bypass that and buy illegally), so I reminded him that guns are illegal in Mexico. How's that working out? :mad5 :banghead:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

74novaman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bill O'Reilly

Post by 74novaman »

Bill has always been a blowhard and a fool. This is far from his first anti gun statement.
TANSTAAFL

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

I was once a fan of Bill O'Reilly. Now, not so much.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

74novaman wrote:Bill has always been a blowhard and a fool. This is far from his first anti gun statement.
Bill O'Reilly, like many others, is steeped in the NYC culture. He may be more conservative than a lot of them, but there is still that attitude. I'd rather be from "flyover country"...

RSJ
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RSJ »

tomtexan wrote:I was once a fan of Bill O'Reilly. Now, not so much.
Agreed. I like Stossel more and more.
NRA Member

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Bill OReilly making a mistake? :shock: Naw....

John Stossel makes a lot of sense.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

RSJ wrote:
tomtexan wrote:I was once a fan of Bill O'Reilly. Now, not so much.
Agreed. I like Stossel more and more.
X2. I was hoping that Stossel would get a time slot. I can think over several that he could replace.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

chasfm11 wrote:
X2. I was hoping that Stossel would get a time slot. I can think over several that he could replace.
Stossel does have his own show on Fox Business Network, which is re-aired numerous times during the week both on Fox Business and Fox News.

KurteL10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KurteL10 »

Just saw his talking points. He was on our side, but made some dumb comments. His minions need to feed him the right facts. I am sure he will be receiving a bunch of email.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Bill O'Reilly is in it for himself and the money. Like some others herein, I neither watch nor listen to him anymore. For that matter, I neither watch nor listen to any of 'em.
My mind is pretty much made up about everything. :smilelol5: :grumble "rlol"

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

74novaman wrote:Bill has always been a blowhard and a fool. This is far from his first anti gun statement.
And one should not argue with a fool (Pr 23:9, Pr 26:4).
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

chasfm11 wrote: X2. I was hoping that Stossel would get a time slot. I can think over several that he could replace.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/index.html
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

oilman

Post by oilman »

He also said the sale of any "heavy caliber" weapon should immediately be reported to the FBI. In the context of his show this would mean an AR15. He also said any crime committed with a gun should immediately become a federal offense.

It probably wouldn't do any good but his staff needs to inform him of EXISTING laws before he starts preaching about what new laws he thinks should be enacted. He also needs to know we can take care of our business in Texas without something being elevated to the federal level.

Oh and by the way he began advertising about his next book.....

Earlier in the day Shepherd Smith condescendingly said the Aurora shooter bought his ammo online like "you and I would buy a books or a pair of shoes."

Despite the current righteous indignation among these talking heads, all this will die down in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately it will not go away for the victims and their families.

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

In fairness to Fox News Neil Cavuto pointed out in his closing comments how banning guns is not the answer. He listed numerous multiple shooting cases world wide - recent and past, many in countries with complete bans on firearms. His main point I believe was that it's not just an "American" problem. I'll be watching O'reilly tonight to see what feedback he receives.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

I wish someone would put together areport on how many shooting have been stopped by someone with a CHL!
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”