His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 91

Re: His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

Post by The Annoyed Man »

sjfcontrol wrote:Would that be what Joe Biden calls "stuff"? :evil2:
God, that man's an idiot! I wouldn't hire him to pick up dog poo.

An interesting article in WSJ from karl Rove:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... ns_opinion
OPINION October 31, 2012, 7:17 p.m. ET
Rove: Sifting the Numbers for a Winner
A crucial element: the mix of Democrats and Republicans who show up this election.
It comes down to numbers. And in the final days of this presidential race, from polling data to early voting, they favor Mitt Romney.

{snip}.... [and this is what I found very intersting-TAM]

Democrats explain away those numbers by saying that they are turning out new young Ohio voters. But I asked Kelly Nallen, the America Crossroads data maven, about this. She points out that there are 12,612 GOP "millennials" (voters aged 18-29) who've voted early compared with 9,501 Democratic millennials.

Are Democrats bringing out episodic voters who might not otherwise turn out? Not according to Ms. Nallen. She says that about 90% of each party's early voters so far had also voted in three of the past four Ohio elections. Democrats also suggest they are bringing Obama-leaning independents to polls. But since Mr. Romney has led among independents in nine of the 13 Ohio polls conducted since the first debate, the likelihood is that the GOP is doing as good a job in turning out their independent supporters as Democrats are in turning out theirs.

Desperate Democrats are now hanging their hopes on a new Quinnipiac University/New York Times/CBS News poll showing the president with a five-point Ohio lead. But that survey gives Democrats a +8 advantage in turnout, the same advantage Democrats had in 2008. That assumption is, to put it gently, absurd.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 16

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Would that be what Joe Biden calls "stuff"? :evil2:
God, that man's an idiot! I wouldn't hire him to pick up dog poo.
That's unfortunate (for Joe), I suspect he may be looking for a job soon... :smilelol5:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 77

Post by RoyGBiv »

Why polling data showing a dead heat is WRONG.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish Fox would allow linking/embedding.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

clarionite
Posts in topic: 10

Post by clarionite »

RoyGBiv wrote:Why polling data showing a dead heat is WRONG.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish Fox would allow linking/embedding.
I can only hope they're right. My gut tells me the polls are padded quite a bit for Obama.

This is not the 2008 election. Romney/Biden is not McCain/Palin. Republicans that didn't make it to the polls in 2008 will make it this time. And people who supported Obama in 2008 are weaker in support, and in some cases non supportive of him this time. In 2008, my neighbor two houses down had an Obama yard sign. This year, there's one at the far end of our street, but that's it. We had quite a few Romney signs until some jerk stole them all last week. Now we have a few back, and one 4'x8' sign with a light on it at night. That one happens to be in my yard. <G> :biggrinjester:

I'm nowhere near unbiased. I honestly fear for your 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment rights with a second Obama term.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I can smell the stink of desperation on Obama coming through the TV.
He knows he's short on votes. All he has left is slash and burn. He's never had a real plan, just rhetoric.
His budget got ZERO votes in favor. Zero. Democrat Senatorial candidates are running from the Obama record. He's a pariah.

If my heart gives out from the suspense, or I blow an aneurism from the aggravation, I'll rest in peace knowing that at least I've already voted. Good luck nullifying my vote if I don't make it to Tuesday. :mrgreen:

Romney 310 or more, Obama 228 or fewer. :patriot:

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

clarionite wrote:
This is not the 2008 election. Romney/Biden is not McCain/Palin. Republicans that didn't make it to the polls in 2008 will make it this time. And people who supported Obama in 2008 are weaker in support, and in some cases non supportive of him this time. In 2008, my neighbor two houses down had an Obama yard sign. This year, there's one at the far end of our street, but that's it. We had quite a few Romney signs until some jerk stole them all last week. Now we have a few back, and one 4'x8' sign with a light on it at night. That one happens to be in my yard. <G> :biggrinjester:

I'm nowhere near unbiased. I honestly fear for your 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment rights with a second Obama term.
Romney/Biden??? :shock:
Never Forget. Image

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Jim Beaux »

Regardless of what all the pundits predict, I wont relax until the fat lady signs.
Barone: Going out on a limb: Romney beats Obama, handily...http://washingtonexaminer.com/barone-go ... le/2512470
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

clarionite
Posts in topic: 10

Post by clarionite »

sjfcontrol wrote:
clarionite wrote:

Still had Biden on the brain from the dog poo comment.

I appologize profusely to Ryan. My gaff was unforgivable.

:banghead:

The Annoyed Man

clarionite wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
clarionite wrote:

Go, and sin no more. "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

clarionite wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
clarionite wrote:

Just remember, Ryan's the smart one. Biden is the one with the silly grin. ---> :mrgreen:
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man

Progressive democrats seek to get rid of military benefits: http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/ ... s-110112w/.

I guess they don't think that military personnel are working men and women. :roll:

#TINVOWOOT

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Jim Beaux »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Progressive democrats seek to get rid of military benefits: http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/ ... s-110112w/.

I guess they don't think that military personnel are working men and women. :roll:
I believe I read that the Center for American Progress is a George Soros organization.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RottenApple »

Jim Beaux wrote:I believe I read that the Center for American Progress is a George Soros organization.
That may be true (and it wouldn't surprise me in the least). However, according to the article linked:
In calling for less spending on military pay raises, the report basically endorses a plan proposed, but not yet executed, by the Defense Department.
So this "progressive" (read: LIBERAL) "think" (read: FEEL-GOOD) tank is merely endorsing a plan that DoD is already considering.

To be honest, I don't have much of a problem with making regular military pay more comparable to their civilian counterparts. However, I would hope/expect that there would be combat pay and/or bonuses for successful combat missions as well as survivor benefits for those heroes who give all.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

RottenApple wrote:
In calling for less spending on military pay raises, the report basically endorses a plan proposed, but not yet executed, by the Defense Department.
So this "progressive" (read: LIBERAL) "think" (read: FEEL-GOOD) tank is merely endorsing a plan that DoD is already considering.
Let's not forget that the "DoD Plan" was crafted under direction of the Obama administration.
Just because the "Plan" comes from the DoD does not make it apolitical.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RottenApple »

RoyGBiv wrote:Let's not forget that the "DoD Plan" was crafted under direction of the Obama administration.
Just because the "Plan" comes from the DoD does not make it apolitical.
Granted. But from things I've read in the past (and 21 years as an Air Force Brat), the DoD usually (<-- Key word) makes their plans and proposals with the benefit of the military in mind and not with political considerations. That being said, it is not unusual for such plans to be modified, denied, or replaced by politicians and/or political appointees for the benefit of politics instead of the military.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”