His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 77

Re: His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

Post by RoyGBiv »

RottenApple wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Let's not forget that the "DoD Plan" was crafted under direction of the Obama administration.
Just because the "Plan" comes from the DoD does not make it apolitical.
Granted. But from things I've read in the past (and 21 years as an Air Force Brat), the DoD usually (<-- Key word) makes their plans and proposals with the benefit of the military in mind and not with political considerations. That being said, it is not unusual for such plans to be modified, denied, or replaced by politicians and/or political appointees for the benefit of politics instead of the military.
I wonder how many Generals, Admirals, Colonels and other DoD folks "in the know" are being kept muzzled right now re: Benghazi? Or how many "independent", career State Department folks are being kept muzzled for the same reason... Or how many DOJ folks have been silenced over Fast & Furious.

Apparently you need to be retired to speak your mind.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012 ... mney-Today" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://media.washtimes.com/media/misc/2012/11/05/ad.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (PDF file link)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RottenApple »

RoyGBiv wrote:Apparently you need to be retired to speak your mind.
I have no problem with that. Active duty military members should be apolitical in their public speech as they are expected to serve the American People as a whole. They can, of course, vote the way their conscience dictates, and political discussions among their friends, family, and co-workers should be encouraged.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

RottenApple wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Apparently you need to be retired to speak your mind.
I have no problem with that. Active duty military members should be apolitical in their public speech as they are expected to serve the American People as a whole. They can, of course, vote the way their conscience dictates, and political discussions among their friends, family, and co-workers should be encouraged.
And what about silencing members of the military to aide a cover-up of, say, the incompetence of the CinC?

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RottenApple »

RoyGBiv wrote:And what about silencing members of the military to aide a cover-up of, say, the incompetence of the CinC?
First of all, we are talking about political speech, not cover-ups. These are two completely separate issues.

Second, they have the Military Whistleblower Protection Act of 1988 to cover them.
The Military Whistleblower Protection Act, Title 10 U.S.C. 1034, as amended, prohibits interference with a military member’s right to make protected communications to members of Congress; Inspectors General; members of DoD audit, inspection, investigation or law enforcement organizations; and other persons or organizations (including the chain of command) designated by regulation or administrative procedures. A protected communication is any lawful communication to a Member of Congress or an IG, as well as any communication made to a person or organization designated under competent regulations to receive such communications, which a member of the Armed Services reasonably believes reports a violation of law or regulation (including sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination, mismanagement, a gross waste of funds or other resources, abuse of authority, or a substantial or specific danger to public health or safety.
So if they report the situation properly, they are covered.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

I hope the people who backed him in the primary despite the warnings are happy now.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

recaffeination wrote:I hope the people who backed him in the primary despite the warnings are happy now.
A better choice would have been...???

Santorum? :roll:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 9

Post by anygunanywhere »

RoyGBiv wrote:
recaffeination wrote:I hope the people who backed him in the primary despite the warnings are happy now.
A better choice would have been...???

Santorum? :roll:
Good call. You nailed it.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SQLGeek »

Santorum would've gotten destroyed. He as a candidate would've made last night look like a dead heat in comparison.
Psalm 91:2

Dave2
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Dave2 »

This was not about whether or not Romney was the best candidate... My dead dog should've been able to beat Obama in the general election and the fact that he won is more proof that the media & public schools are brainwashing the country.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 9

Post by anygunanywhere »

SQLGeek wrote:Santorum would've gotten destroyed. He as a candidate would've made last night look like a dead heat in comparison.
I disagree, and as we all know, opinions are just like......those who vote democrat.

You can fill in the rest.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 2farnorth »

If we had a news media that would be willing to really look I think they could find enough voter fraud throughout the country that could alter the outcome of this election. There were many irregularities and outright violations of voting laws all over the country. But it doesn't look like there will much challenging done.

LCol West 's race is just one example. One county recounted "early votes" and LCol West went from a 2000 lead to a 2400 vote trail. :roll:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this-ra ... a-recount/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm pretty disgusted with the mess right now.
N5PNZ

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

Dave2 wrote: This was not about whether or not Romney was the best candidate... My dead dog should've been able to beat Obama in the general election
I think the GOP cold have won with a better candidate. Now and in 2008.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

RottenApple wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:And what about silencing members of the military to aide a cover-up of, say, the incompetence of the CinC?
First of all, we are talking about political speech, not cover-ups. These are two completely separate issues.

Second, they have the Military Whistleblower Protection Act of 1988 to cover them.
The Military Whistleblower Protection Act, Title 10 U.S.C. 1034, as amended, prohibits interference with a military member’s right to make protected communications to members of Congress; Inspectors General; members of DoD audit, inspection, investigation or law enforcement organizations; and other persons or organizations (including the chain of command) designated by regulation or administrative procedures. A protected communication is any lawful communication to a Member of Congress or an IG, as well as any communication made to a person or organization designated under competent regulations to receive such communications, which a member of the Armed Services reasonably believes reports a violation of law or regulation (including sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination, mismanagement, a gross waste of funds or other resources, abuse of authority, or a substantial or specific danger to public health or safety.
So if they report the situation properly, they are covered.
The protections of a government are only as good as the people running said government. IMO, no one in the military would be safe if they spoke out about a violation or crime that they witnessed unless the administration wanted them to be safe. I'm glad my kid who is in the USAF is just a low-level worker who can't cause anyone any grief.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

recaffeination wrote:
Dave2 wrote: This was not about whether or not Romney was the best candidate... My dead dog should've been able to beat Obama in the general election
I think the GOP cold have won with a better candidate. Now and in 2008.
And let us guess the name of that "better candidate"...at this point, I'm no longer downing your guy, who knows exactly what would have happened if he had gotten the nomination...but I just don't think anyone who wasn't willing to promise "free stuff" to those who won't work to get it could have won that election. Your guy wouldn't have promised "free stuff".

BHO promised "free stuff", he won.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

4 more years of the same jam in the federal government. Nothing has changed and the bickering and deadlovk persist. Cliff hanger get ready. The abyss is near.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”