Hopefully Romney will win!!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Hot Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Hopefully Romney will win!!

Post by Hot Texan »

38cobra wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the election is decided by a car full of ballots someone "accidentally" forgot to turn in before the deadline al la Al Franken 2008. Since it worked last time, maybe we can expect a few railroad boxcars with uncounted ballots to appear in Florida and Ohio.
Did somebody at KPHO press the button too early?

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Beiruty wrote:If Obama is reelected, the jam and gridlock in the Congress would persist complicating the survivability of USA. Thus, US citizens deserved what they elected.
Well, there is a significant segment of society that would argue that a government with different parties controlling the House, the Senate, and the Presidency is good for liberty. Not sure I like a President with a captive Congress that can and will push anything through a rubber-stamp Congress.

If they aren't passing bills, they aren't further destroying liberty.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr surveyor »

gridlock can be your friend as it often prevents total tyrany
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

XDSConcealer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by XDSConcealer »

More questionable voting going on in the swing state of NC:

http://myfox8.com/2012/10/23/guilford-c ... candidate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smells fishy... Democrappers are a cheating bunch.
8/13 - Mailed Packet
9/4 - DPS Received Packet, BG under Review
9/20-9/22 - Manufacturing Pending, Manufacturing, Mailed
9/29 - Plastic in hand

comp73

Post by comp73 »

I believe each candidate had pretty clear objectives going into the 3rd debate.

Romney needed to "look" presidential and seem knowledgeable in foreign affairs, both of which I think he accomplished.

Obama needed to do 4 things.
- Be aggressive without going over the top
- Stem Romney's push from the first debate
- Have Romney fail foreign affairs 101
- Paint Romney as a warmonger

I don't think he accomplished any of those.

Here is the toss up list TAM pulled down from Real Clear Politics
They list the following tossups:
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (16)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)
I'm agreeing with Colorado, Florida, and Virginia going to Romney. I also think that New Hampshire will go Romney, along with Iowa and all to important Ohio.

While I'm not a big believer in the actual poll numbers released, I do think the trends they show say something. Right now all the polls are showing the same trend, Romney rising and Obama falling.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

It is going to be very hard for Romney to win and yes he pretty much needs to do everything right and win Ohio. I talked about this last year. This is a swing state battle. 4-5 states is what really matters in this election and let me repeat this Romney MUST take Ohio. If he doesn't it is almost impossible for him to win. Early on the Rep. party was hoping he could make some headway in Pennsylvania but it is really going to be hard for him to take Penn. He needs Ohio and that is why so many polls are watching that state. Without it Obama has to mess up bad in states like Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin etc. And yes I wouldn't be surprised if the popular vote went Romney but the electoral votes went Obama. I hope this doesn't happen but Ohio is the one to watch!

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

When people go to the polls, a LOT of lukewarm Obama supporters are going to do a gut-check, and come to the conclusion that another 4 years of the same is unacceptable;
Tam is right and if this happens it only needs to go on in two or three states to get Romney to win. If this happens in Ohio, Florida and Penn. it is over for Obama!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

It'll be Romney by a comfortable margin. >310 electoral votes, I predict.
Let's be honest, this country is sick of the last 12 years worth of Presidents.
Obama campaigned on hope and change, then spent the last 4 years doing nothing.
Old-style Chicago politics, running up the tab and withdrawing America from the world stage.
He's done, and it won't be close.

IMO, YMMV :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
RockingRook
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RockingRook »

Just saw that Oblahblah closed to -3 points from -5 in the Gallup poll. They figure it was a bounce
from the 3rd debate. They have it today that he is +1 in the popular vote. So, we cannot rule out an
Oblahblah re-election.

How anyone would like or vote for this imbecile with his record of the past 4 years is beyond me but it
may happen.

Hope not!!

Chuck
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.
Remained in Texas, raised my 2 kids and here I stayed. I hope it Rains!!

Hot Texan

Post by Hot Texan »

comp73 wrote:While I'm not a big believer in the actual poll numbers released, I do think the trends they show say something. Right now all the polls are showing the same trend, Romney rising and Obama falling.
If it was a dead cat bounce, the Obama campaign got suspiciously lucky with the timing.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”