Hopefully Romney will win!!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RockingRook
Posts in topic: 3

Hopefully Romney will win!!

Post by RockingRook »

I watched the 3rd debate last night. I was a bit disappointed in Romney for not
going after Oblahblah even though I can understand why he did not press him on Libya and other
foreign policy issues.

Another 4 years of Obama will devastate the economy even more and result in this country's further decline.
I think most in Texas are aware of this but hopefully the rest of the country will not be fooled twice. :shock:

:txflag:

Chuck
Last edited by RockingRook on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.
Remained in Texas, raised my 2 kids and here I stayed. I hope it Rains!!

XDSConcealer

Re: Hopefully Romney will win!!

Post by XDSConcealer »

I don't share your optimism that Romney will pull this one out. I think he'll get the popular vote but will come up short in the Electoral Votes. I just don't see how he can get to 270. If Obama has 201 Electoral Votes secured and Romney has 206. Here are the toss ups:

Colorado - 9
Virginia - 13
Nevada - 6
New Hampshire - 4
Florida - 29
Iowa - 6
Michigan - 16
Ohio - 18
Pennsylvania - 20
Wisconsin - 10

I think Romney will secure Colorado, Virgina and Florida and that gets him to 257. I think we can all agree that Obama will get Nevada, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania which will get him 259. New Hampshire will not help either one get to 270 so it really all comes down to Ohio. Neither can win without Ohio and considering that Obama carried it in 2008 I think Romney has his work cut out for him. Given the demographics there and my belief that the left will cheat in every way they can, I believe Ohio will go to Obama and we are screwed.

I invite others to discuss and tell me where I'm wrong because I really can't afford another 4 years of this lunatic!
8/13 - Mailed Packet
9/4 - DPS Received Packet, BG under Review
9/20-9/22 - Manufacturing Pending, Manufacturing, Mailed
9/29 - Plastic in hand

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

If Romney wins, hopefully the Republican in congress will get the message and keep up their conservative face. I'm worried they'll revert back to Democrat-Lite like they were for Bush, increasing wasteful government spending, and generally violating the 9th and 10th amendments with enthusiasm.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

XDSConcealer wrote:I don't share your optimism that Romney will pull this one out. I think he'll get the popular vote but will come up short in the Electoral Votes. I just don't see how he can get to 270. If Obama has 201 Electoral Votes secured and Romney has 206. Here are the toss ups:

Colorado - 9
Virginia - 13
Nevada - 6
New Hampshire - 4
Florida - 29
Iowa - 6
Michigan - 16
Ohio - 18
Pennsylvania - 20
Wisconsin - 10

I think Romney will secure Colorado, Virgina and Florida and that gets him to 257. I think we can all agree that Obama will get Nevada, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania which will get him 259. New Hampshire will not help either one get to 270 so it really all comes down to Ohio. Neither can win without Ohio and considering that Obama carried it in 2008 I think Romney has his work cut out for him. Given the demographics there and my belief that the left will cheat in every way they can, I believe Ohio will go to Obama and we are screwed.

I invite others to discuss and tell me where I'm wrong because I really can't afford another 4 years of this lunatic!
RealClearPolitics.com has Romney up in electoral votes 206 to Obooby's 201. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... e_map.html

They list the following tossups:
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (16)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

I just don't think in the end that Obusted is going to win. We're two weeks away from the election. In this last debate, Chris Wallace made an interesting comment....he said that if he were an alien who just dropped in and didn't know in advance which of the two actually IS the president, he would have guessed that it was Romney, just from the way the two men carried themselves during the debate. I was at a church event all evening, and so I had to watch the event from my DVR, after the fact....but also after I had heard Wallace's comment on the radio. So when I watched it, I kept that comment in mind, and I have to say that it was spot on. And Gallup has JUST NOW reported that Romney still has a 5 point advantage post-debate.

In all of American history, NO INCUMBENT HAS EVER WON REELECTION WHEN HE WAS 5% DOWN ON THE CHALLENGER TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE ELECTION. Not once.

When people go to the polls, a LOT of lukewarm Obama supporters are going to do a gut-check, and come to the conclusion that another 4 years of the same is unacceptable; and that 5% Romney advantage is going to turn into an 8%-10% advantage right there in the precinct polling place, and the election is going to be a significant win for Romney.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

XDSConcealer

Post by XDSConcealer »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
XDSConcealer wrote:I don't share your optimism that Romney will pull this one out. I think he'll get the popular vote but will come up short in the Electoral Votes. I just don't see how he can get to 270. If Obama has 201 Electoral Votes secured and Romney has 206. Here are the toss ups:

Colorado - 9
Virginia - 13
Nevada - 6
New Hampshire - 4
Florida - 29
Iowa - 6
Michigan - 16
Ohio - 18
Pennsylvania - 20
Wisconsin - 10

RealClearPolitics.com has Romney up in electoral votes 206 to Obooby's 201. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... e_map.html

They list the following tossups:
Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (16)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

I just don't think in the end that Obusted is going to win. We're two weeks away from the election. In this last debate, Chris Wallace made an interesting comment....he said that if he were an alien who just dropped in and didn't know in advance which of the two actually IS the president, he would have guessed that it was Romney, just from the way the two men carried themselves during the debate. I was at a church event all evening, and so I had to watch the event from my DVR, after the fact....but also after I had heard Wallace's comment on the radio. So when I watched it, I kept that comment in mind, and I have to say that it was spot on. And Gallup has JUST NOW reported that Romney still has a 5 point advantage post-debate.

In all of American history, NO INCUMBENT HAS EVER WON REELECTION WHEN HE WAS 5% DOWN ON THE CHALLENGER TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE ELECTION. Not once.

When people go to the polls, a LOT of lukewarm Obama supporters are going to do a gut-check, and come to the conclusion that another 4 years of the same is unacceptable; and that 5% Romney advantage is going to turn into an 8%-10% advantage right there in the precinct polling place, and the election is going to be a significant win for Romney.
TAM, I really hope you're right, but look what's going on already in Florida:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Feds-t ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Democrats will stop at nothing to ensure an Obama win and will cheat to get their guy there. Romney is going to have to win by a landslide in order to overcome the fraud. And the lawsuits will fly if Romney does win because the left will accuse the Romney campaign of cheating, voter suppression, voter intimidation, etc. This is going to be a ugly election no matter how you look at it.

I pray Romney pulls this one out because we need his leadership in the White House right now.
8/13 - Mailed Packet
9/4 - DPS Received Packet, BG under Review
9/20-9/22 - Manufacturing Pending, Manufacturing, Mailed
9/29 - Plastic in hand

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

I hope you are right!! I have read many of the things you quoted above but the pessimist in me just
does not believe it in this case. Too many people looking for the free stuff that Oblahblah is promising.

Chuck
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.
Remained in Texas, raised my 2 kids and here I stayed. I hope it Rains!!

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

The entire election will hinge on turnout.

Let's hope for bad, crummy weather in Ohio and elsewhere on Election Day.

I believe there are more "broken-glass Republicans" than zealot Obacolytes (as in "I'll crawl through broken glass to vote" Republicans).

Last election, the "broken-glass Republican" was hard to find amidst people upset at Republican malfeasance with the checkbook coupled with a general lack of enthusiasm for McCain. Most people, including myself, have gotten past being entirely fed up with the "Republican Ruling Party" issues that we faced in 2006-2008, and are now anxious the kick the Obamination to the curb.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

The Annoyed Man

XDSConcealer wrote:TAM, I really hope you're right, but look what's going on already in Florida:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Feds-t ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Democrats will stop at nothing to ensure an Obama win and will cheat to get their guy there. Romney is going to have to win by a landslide in order to overcome the fraud. And the lawsuits will fly if Romney does win because the left will accuse the Romney campaign of cheating, voter suppression, voter intimidation, etc. This is going to be a ugly election no matter how you look at it.

I pray Romney pulls this one out because we need his leadership in the White House right now.
From your article:
Officials said the voters who have received the letters thus far are white, registered Republicans who consistently vote in elections.

"This is a major concern," said Seminole County Supervisor of Elections Mike Ertel, who received a letter from a voter mailed from Seattle with no return address. "You should not expect a letter from your elections office saying, 'You're not registered to vote, please don't go to the polls.' That's ridiculous."
My guess is that, because these are informed voters, they will likely not fall for the ruse. But this is yet again another example of democrat tampering with elections. Why is it that they own about 99% of these kinds of charges? It's because their party is corrupt; their leadership is corrupt; and most of their voters are either corrupt themselves and approve of these tactics, or they are stupid. In my experience, a principled and honest democrat who is willing to call out their own party on those kinds of transgressions is a very rare bird. It's like trying to find a militant islamist who will condemn terrorism. They fundamentally do not believe in out electoral system, so they see nothing wrong with corrupting it, and they are unwilling to accept anything except their preferred outcome. They are unamerican.

Here's some encouragement for you:

Post debate CBS (of all things) focus group in OHIO gives win to Romney..
[youtube][/youtube]
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

TAM, I sure hope that you are right. But my biggest worry is that this Chicago-trained pack of crooks will "win" the election like their soulmate Hugo Chavez "won" his re-election. I can't think of ANYTHING that they could pull that would surprise me...lots of stuff that would tick me off, but nothing that would surprise me...and that is truly a sad thing. I pray the Good Lord shows this nation some mercy.

38cobra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 38cobra »

I wouldn't be surprised if the election is decided by a car full of ballots someone "accidentally" forgot to turn in before the deadline al la Al Franken 2008. Since it worked last time, maybe we can expect a few railroad boxcars with uncounted ballots to appear in Florida and Ohio.

It's just as important to make sure we don't give this guy a rubber stamp Senate if he were to win. Too many important appointments are coming up.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The stock market seems to be going down leading into the final weeks before election. That falling barometer has tradionally not fared well for the incumbent.

We can't afford to lose any more of our hard earned life savings but, a few dollars loss on our part could be looked upon as our contribution to a conservative victory and a better future for you young'uns.

:patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Oldgringo wrote:The stock market seems to be going down leading into the final weeks before election. That falling barometer has tradionally not fared well for the incumbent.

We can't afford to lose any more of our hard earned life savings but, a few dollars loss on our part could be looked upon as our contribution to a conservative victory and a better future for you young'uns.

Absolutely.

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

If Obama is reelected, the jam and gridlock in the Congress would persist complicating the survivability of USA. Thus, US citizens deserved what they elected.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Beiruty wrote:If Obama is reelected, the jam and gridlock in the Congress would persist complicating the survivability of USA. Thus, US citizens deserved what they elected.
A Minor correction, Beiruty, if you please. The people who voted for him would deserve what they got. The rest of us...not so much. But what the hey, that's the democratic way, right?

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

A Minor correction, Beiruty, if you please. The people who voted for him would deserve what they got. The rest of us...not so much. But what the hey, that's the democratic way, right?
Democracy = dictatorship by the majority.

The US is a Republic,no?

http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/Ameri ... emrep.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.garymcleod.org/republic.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”