VOTE!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 2

Re: VOTE!

Post by Jaguar »

Voted today, and I am happy to say I have changed my libertarian mind and went with Romney/Ryan.

While R/R aren't perfect even when it comes to business, the Ø has gotta go.

:txflag:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jim Beaux »

:patriot:
Jaguar wrote:Voted today, and I am happy to say I have changed my libertarian mind and went with Romney/Ryan.

:patriot: :tiphat:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

My county has had over 10% of registered voters voting early. About a 10-15 minute wait. The poll workers said the line has been longer.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RPB »

Jaguar wrote:Voted today, and I am happy to say I have changed my libertarian mind and went with Romney/Ryan.

:iagree: While the GOP could have chosen much better offerings, and the ones they chose have yet to earn my trust, I went with the "guys most likely to unseat the current dictator in office" So, I voted GOP.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Posts in topic: 3

Post by 77346 »

Voted today at Octavia Fields library in Humble (NE of Houston). Lots of people in line around 2:00pm.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Heard on the radio that Harris County has already had over 300,000 people vote, setting early voting records.

When I voted yesterday, I stood in line 45 minutes.

I think there are a lot of "Broken Glass Republicans", i.e. willing to crawl through broken glass if necessary to cast their vote against the Obamination.

Obama voters had that kind of passion in 2008, but not this year.

If we are setting these kind of voting records in Harris County, when Texas is expected to be solidly Romney anyway, I think that bodes well for the passionate Republicans in the swing states. :thumbs2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RPB »

Jumping Frog wrote:Heard on the radio that Harris County has already had over 300,000 people vote, setting early voting records.

I think there are a lot of "Broken Glass Republicans", i.e. willing to crawl through broken glass if necessary to cast their vote against the Obamination.

If we are setting these kind of voting records in Harris County, when Texas is expected to be solidly Romney anyway, I think that bodes well for the passionate Republicans in the swing states. :thumbs2:
I pray that's the case, most of my family voted R already, but two .. are still drinking the koolaid and vehemently for Obama, I'm sure many in Houston, Austin, San Antonio etc are still drinking the Koolaid too, so it could be them early voting so the pollworkers forget their faces when they return later with the voter cards of their deceased friends and relatives. :banghead:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Jumping Frog wrote:Heard on the radio that Harris County has already had over 300,000 people vote, setting early voting records.

Out of curiosity, do you think Harris County can go Romney?

Just asking, the idea surprises me, but it could happen. Harris County was 50.5 % to 48.9% in favor of Ø in 2008 and I hadn't considered it swinging until now.

As a reference, Travis County was 64.1% to 34.6% in favor of Ø, Dallas county was 57.5% to 41.9% in favor of Ø, and Bexar County was 52.4% to 46.9% in favor of Ø. I didn't realize Harris was as close as it was.

On a side note, Starr County should be excommunicated, 84.5% for Ø out of 9747 total votes. :eek6
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Topic author
JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

RPB wrote: :iagree: While the GOP could have chosen much better offerings, .....
I wonder about that. The selection process started with close to a dozen possibilities, and through the crucible of appearances, statements, primaries, financing etc., the final choice emerged.

In some ways, Romney is a perfect candidate to run against Obama. Romney has no old girlfriends, mistresses, ex-wives, to show up suddenly on The View or in Gloria Allred's office sobbing before the cameras, transcripts of squalid questionable mating behavior to be unsealed, no rap sheets to be exhumed, circumstances that have been Obama's stock in trade heretofore. Whatever one may think about Romney's philosophies, positions, capabilities, etc., and recognizing that there is no, and has never been a, candidate that lines up on every issue with every possible voter, Romney's selection is almost, pardon me, heaven sent. He can win, and name Supreme Court and other judges, and restore dignitude to the Oval Office.

Allred gave it her best shot, and came up looking like a complete buffoon. Game, set, match!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

I voted today! :patriot: The newspaper said early voting in our county is way up as well. Sure hope that means NO MO O on election day!
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Post by 77346 »

I think Harris could go Republican this time... most people in line at Octavia Field looked Republican, if you know what I mean. Only one older guy, with his wife, wearing an Obama 08 cap and a young lady talking on what appeared to be an ObamaPhone. Everyone else looked like regular people with jobs and paying for their own phones ;-)
Alex

jbenat

Post by jbenat »

We voted yesterday (Sat. 10/27) in Denton Co. Fire Station #7 for Frisco, Tx. Long line. Looked like mostly sane people, with a few exceptions, so my guess is that R & R got most of the votes. We voted straight Republican. I will never vote for anything with a "D" by it's name after B-Ho is booted out! :nono:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

texanron

Post by texanron »

Since PA doesn't allow early voting the wife and I have to wait till the 6th to cast our votes. We're doing our part to turn this BLUE state RED!
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

Post by 77346 »

texanron wrote:Since PA doesn't allow early voting the wife and I have to wait till the 6th to cast our votes. We're doing our part to turn this BLUE state RED!
:tiphat:
Alex

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

BUMP.! :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”