Facebook getting in on the anti-gun action...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Facebook getting in on the anti-gun action...

Post by mr surveyor »

considering the rules of this forum, I will refrain from my normal reaction that would be (four letter word) Facebook.... I don't now, nor have I ever used Facebook....don't twit or tweet or blog..... actually, I only did ebay one time in 1996 and decided never again. Sometimes I wish I'd never even left a footprint on algore's "www"

I know there's no true privacy anymore, but why stretch it
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I "Liked" the article to my Facebook page. :mrgreen: I wonder what's going to happen...... "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I "Liked" the article to my Facebook page. :mrgreen: I wonder what's going to happen...... "rlol"
I "shared" your article to Crossfire Training's Facebook page. If we go down, we are going together!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I find the whole TinFoil hat deal with FB and firearms to be a bunch of hogwash. Go to FB and use "GUN" or "FIREARM" in the search,, see how many pages hits you get.. LOTS..
Not censored at all.. Even the latest Evil company "Bushmaster" page is still up and running,,,, as of 30 sec ago.
This is a few activists, who have violated, pushed the rules and got there hand smacked.. Nothing more.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

E.Marquez wrote:I find the whole TinFoil hat deal with FB and firearms to be a bunch of hogwash. Go to FB and use "GUN" or "FIREARM" in the search,, see how many pages hits you get.. LOTS..
Not censored at all.. Even the latest Evil company "Bushmaster" page is still up and running,,,, as of 30 sec ago.
This is a few activists, who have violated, pushed the rules and got there hand smacked.. Nothing more.
:iagree: , I think. Type NRA in {search} and then go wash your car or change its oil while the page loads up.

mikedude

Post by mikedude »

That will be the first post I share on FB later..

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

AndyC wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:I find the whole TinFoil hat deal with FB and firearms to be a bunch of hogwash. Go to FB and use "GUN" or "FIREARM" in the search,, see how many pages hits you get.. LOTS..
Not true.

Some of my pro-gun stuff has been changed to "Only Me" - in other words, nobody else can see them. I shared a link to Larry Correia's excellent opinion on gun-control - and it's been set to "Only Me", as well as other stuff.
How do you see what's flagged as ' only me'?

(Looks like everything is flagged 'your friends' if I'm looking at it right)
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

I have had many things I've tried to post that don't show up. I ask the wife to check and see if they did and nope. Then I do a FB $&@: rant post and stuff starts showing back up. Not saying that did it but I felt better. :lol:

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

I did some looking around about this and believe it or not, I read it was the word "blackest" in the quote that got it taken down, not the part about firearms. Remember, the most important thing is not be "racist". :roll: Anyway, I read about trolls on FB who "flag" the page for "hate words" or whatever, and after enough flags, it gets taken down, and then the page maker has to call to explain and get it back up. So, not DIRECTLY FB's fault, but rather their poorly designed/administered system. I can't confirm this, just what I read and I can't remember where, it was after going through some links earlier today, sorry. The crew running that thing sure ain't on par with TexasCHLForum moderators, that's for certain. :lol:

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Crossfire / TAM, I've shared it as well, along with the original quote. Let's see if i get myself banned or "edited" :)
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

Speaking of facebook, if you haven't liked this guy yet, you should check it out at least.

https://www.facebook.com/COLIONNOIR?ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Me and mr surveyor are in agreement.

While I participate at this site (and only here) I have no use for FB, tweeting (my eyes involuntarily roll when I see this word) and gag, blogging. (another annoying new-speak word)

Narcissism in it's modern forms.

Taken together we don't need Big Brother.

FB and it's like do the job nicely...

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”